New Michigan AD Is Advocate For UCONN | Syracusefan.com

New Michigan AD Is Advocate For UCONN

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
The news is not surprising: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/01/30/manuel-says-hell-be-uconn-advocate-for-power-five.html

So, what is best for Syracuse? The obvious answer is that UCONN stays in the AAC. And no one seriously believes that Warde Manuel thinks that Job One is getting the Huskies an invite into the B1G. But if it comes down to UCONN joining Kansas or Oklahoma in the B1G, or Swofford acting first to bring UCONN into the ACC, which scenario is better for Syracuse?

ACC will not add UConn.
Big Ten will not add UConn.
Big XII could add UConn.

Manuel will do what is in the best interest of Michigan. If the Big Ten expands it will look at Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas. If the conference wanted UConn they would have taken them over Rutgers. However, the population of NJ > CT.
UConn doesn't bring in enough cable boxes to justify their addition.

UConn needs to look at the Big XII they have a shot there.

ACC will not add UConn.
Big Ten will not add UConn.
Big XII could add UConn.

Manuel will do what is in the best interest of Michigan. If the Big Ten expands it will look at Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas. If the conference wanted UConn they would have taken them over Rutgers. However, the population of NJ > CT.
UConn doesn't bring in enough cable boxes to justify their addition.

UConn needs to look at the Big XII they have a shot there.

I don't think UCONN's shot at the Big XII is better than 500-1.

Kick BC to the curb and bring UCONN in. No commitment at BC.

Honest question are your just joking or are you serious?
It doesn't appear that BC wants to do what it takes to compete in a P5 conference. Really , if you were picking for a new conference and you had to pick 1 school from New England , UCONN wins , to me.

Honest question are your just joking or are you serious?
Let's hope he's joking, I'm too hungover to rip him apart.

Anyway, did you see the B1g just played a conference game in the Garden yesterday???

Smart move.

While our hoop team WILL NEVER give up a home game, somebody else will be forced to...and we will gladly play them there.

Prior to last year BC had been to two bowl games in a row under Addazio. One bad year doesn't mean they don't want to compete. BC had the #1 D in the nation last year they just didn't have any QB who could play.

BC football has recruited better than SU the past years.

BC basketball has been a dumpster fire since they fired Al Skinner. They have a first year coach this year. He will take 2-3 years to be competitive.

BC is the better school for the ACC.

Let's hope he's joking, I'm too hungover to rip him apart.

Anyway, did you see the B1g just played a conference game in the Garden yesterday???

Smart move.

While our hoop team WILL NEVER give up a home game, somebody else will be forced to...and we will gladly play them there.
Who played a a conference game at MSG? Rutgers?

I wouldn't mind if we played a game at MSG every year as long it was just a non-conference game like Duke does.

Prior to last year BC had been to two bowl games in a row under Addazio. One bad year doesn't mean they don't want to compete. BC had the #1 D in the nation last year they just didn't have any QB who could play.

BC basketball has been a dumpster fire since they fired Al Skinner. They have a first year coach this year. He will take 2-3 years to be competitive.

Nobody in Baahstin gives a rats behind about BC sports. At least you get deranged passion from the UCONN fans.

I wouldn't mind if we played a game at MSG every year as long it was just a non-conference game like Duke does.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012716aaa.html

The inaugural “Super Saturday – College Hoops & Hockey” doubleheader will feature Penn State and Michigan in both basketball and hockey on Saturday at The Mecca. The basketball game will tip at Noon ET, while the hockey game will begin at 7 p.m. BTN will air both contests.

On Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017, Rutgers will host Wisconsin in men’s basketball while Ohio State will take on the Badgers in hockey. On Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018, Minnesota will entertain the Buckeyes on the court, while Michigan State will host the Gophers on the ice. In 2019, Maryland will face Illinois in men’s basketball. The 2019 hockey matchup, times for 2017 and 2018 and date and times for 2019 will be announced at a later date.

Michigan @ penn st

Nobody in Baahstin gives a rats behind about BC sports. At least you get deranged passion from the UCONN fans.
Can we stop the nobody in Boston cares shlit??

It's a big ass city...the ACC has the only flag there, it's not coming down...EVER.

Can we stop the nobody in Boston cares shlit??

It's a big ass city...the ACC has the only flag there, it's not coming down...EVER.
Nobody outside of BC alumni care a darn about BC sports or the ACC confernce .

KaiserUEO said:
Can we stop the nobody in Boston cares shlit?? It's a big ass city...the ACC has the only flag there, it's not coming down...EVER.

Well, no one cares. But yeah, BC is an important geographic part of the ACC.

The ACC I'd selfishly prefer is a true Atlantic coast conference that includes Penn State, UConn, Rutgers, Maryland and West Virginia. But the northeast has been divied up like gangland territory, so what can you do?

As for Manuel... I mean, come on. He threw a bone to CT on the way out the door. It's a kind, empty, meaningless gesture.

Smart move by the Big Ten. While they may not own NYC atleast they are trying.

Duke and Syracuse should play a doubleheader in MSG every year. Duke plays a strong team every year there. Syracuse could likely get a former Big East team or P5 team to rotated play them in MSG every year.

52,126 were inattendance as Harvard took on Yale under the lights for the 132nd ...

Chrsitian is in his second year and I believe it was a terrible hire.

The ACC is also a academic league. And there is no contest between Uconn and B.C.,

You obviously weren't around when B.C. had some good teams. They played us at the garden and it was packed. When the eagles are decent they draw more than enough. No one anywhere cares when you suck.