new QB | Syracusefan.com

new QB

Can he suit up next weekend? I don't see why he should have to miss out on all the fun.

When is the last time we landed a recruit from Oregon?

Finally some good news after another very disappointing weekend on the field.

love the looks of this kid, and the measurements. Also love that we recruited Oregon.

Can't wait until people here start ripping this kid and the staff for his lack of P5 offers. :rolleyes:

This is good news for the program. It may also buy Lester and Shafer two years.

Congrats to the kid on the offer. Hope he turns out to be the second coming. That being said, Oregon kid with no PAC12 offers. Again, not ragging on the kid, he got a D1 offer, FBS, kudos to that. But we are his only P5 offer. Lets save the praise until after he throws a 300 yd 2 TD passing game for us in an Orange uniform.

No more rah rah for the "next" great SU QB. Loeb, Kinder, Hunt, Miller, Wilson, Kimble, Allen, Long, Eduard etc

Congrats to the kid on the offer. Hope he turns out to be the second coming. That being said, Oregon kid with no PAC12 offers. Again, not ragging on the kid, he got a D1 offer, FBS, kudos to that. But we are his only P5 offer. Lets save the praise until after he throws a 300 yd 2 TD passing game for us in an Orange uniform.

No more rah rah for the "next" great SU QB. Loeb, Kinder, Hunt, Miller, Wilson, Kimble, Allen, Long, Eduard etc

Agreed. Hopeless is a much better way to look at things.

It is a little strange that he doesn't have any other P5 offers, what are we seeing that every other top program isn't? BUT, having said that, watching his tape and Virgil's tape back to back, I gotta say that I would choose Eric Dungey over Chason Virgil. Also, looks like he has a good arm, athleticism, and a mean streak when running. If qb doesn't work for, I could totally see him as our starting te in his jr/sr seasons...

I actually this kid. Looked at his film, and he had offers from Harvard/Yale any kid with talent that turns a chance to play at those schools impresses me. I love Syracuse but if I could have gone to Harvard or Yale I would have gone no questions asked.

Can't wait until people here start ripping this kid and the staff for his lack of P5 offers. :rolleyes:

I'll admit it, I looked. And caught that. I won't rip him, but I'll privately worry that he's next in line of QBs who make me zzzzzz until maybe their senior year.

When I get sad, I go look at Edouard's offer list. That's about the only hope I have left.

I like that this kid is already 6'4" 200lbs.
His body seems like it has filled up for the physical toil of college football.

I like 3.76 GPA it shows he has brains and can learn the offense hopefully quickly. I would RS him next year if he isn't coming in January and hope Hunt/Long can get us thru next year.

Let Edouard and Dungey redshirt and if we need one of them during the year atleast it won't be from opening day.

I like that this kid is already 6'4" 200lbs.
His body seems like it has filled up for the physical toil of college football.

I like 3.76 GPA it shows he has brains and can learn the offense hopefully quickly. I would RS him next year if he isn't coming in January and hope Hunt/Long can get us thru next year.

Let Edouard and Dungey redshirt and if we need one of them during the year atleast it won't be from opening day.
The 2016 starting job is going to be very fun to watch unfold. There are a few QBs on the roster that probably will not be there at that point.

I'll admit it, I looked. And caught that. I won't rip him, but I'll privately worry that he's next in line of QBs who make me zzzzzz until maybe their senior year.

When I get sad, I go look at Edouard's offer list. That's about the only hope I have left.
i noticed it too. i'm sure lots of people did.

maybe the word oswego is just filtered out of coaching searches - too many head cases

I actually this kid. Looked at his film, and he had offers from Harvard/Yale any kid with talent that turns a chance to play at those schools impresses me. I love Syracuse but if I could have gone to Harvard or Yale I would have gone no questions asked.
syracuse for free or harvard/yale 200K in debt might make a difference to some

syracuse for free or harvard/yale 200K in debt might make a difference to some
Harvard/Yale tuition is completely determined by your parents income. My brother went to Harvard and he paid some tuition but not 100% because of my parent's income. If the kid comes from a family that can afford the tuition then he would pay, but if they couldn't he wouldn't pay 200k. Also, Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships but give grants of aid to athletes who need financial aid.

I just think the degree of Harvard/Yale is worth more unless you have a shot at playing pro football.

Alsacs said:
Harvard/Yale tuition is completely determined by your parents income. My brother went to Harvard and he paid some tuition but not 100% because of my parent's income. If the kid comes from a family that can afford the tuition then he would pay, but if they couldn't he wouldn't pay 200k. Also, Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships but give grants of aid to athletes who need financial aid. I just think the degree of Harvard/Yale is worth more unless you have a shot at playing pro football.

It's not shocking that the number #1 QB in Oregon would have dreams of playing in the NFL someday. Going to a good academic school in the P5 splits the difference.

It's not shocking that the number #1 QB in Oregon would have dreams of playing in the NFL someday. Going to a good academic school in the P5 splits the difference.
I am not taking any shot at the kid. I was talking about me. I am happy as hell and proud of my Newhouse degree. If I could have gone to Harvard/Yale I would have unless I had a shot to be a pro QB.

Harvard/Yale tuition is completely determined by your parents income. My brother went to Harvard and he paid some tuition but not 100% because of my parent's income. If the kid comes from a family that can afford the tuition then he would pay, but if they couldn't he wouldn't pay 200k. Also, Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships but give grants of aid to athletes who need financial aid.

I just think the degree of Harvard/Yale is worth more unless you have a shot at playing pro football.

it's worth more in both instances. If you're that good at QB you will get drafted. If you want to play bigtime college football with less concern for academics for sure go to a P5. No right answers unless education is the #1 choice and then it's no brainer city: Harvard and Yale

Agreed. Hopeless is a much better way to look at things.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but it really is. I went along my day saturday and didnt even think about the SU game. Got home after halftime, saw it was 20-7, and put something else on. Call me a bad fan, but at this point Syracuse will regain my attention when they start mastering the basic principals and execution of offense. Right now, we are a dumpster fire. Blame the coaching, blame the schedule, blame the injuries, blame the players, I dont care who we blame. Its simply ugly football to watch, even for my favorite college football team and my alma mater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom