New SU Bar in NYC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New SU Bar in NYC

A theme that doesn't follow through with itself will though, especially if the atmosphere is as lacking as this appears to be. Why watch a cuse game at a place called Marshall street that sucks when you could watch a cuse game at someplace the alumni association designates that is actually nice.

Because other SU fans will be there (because its called 'Marshall Street") and when was the last time the alumni association suggested or designated a place that anyone would actually go to?

There's a place on the lower east side called 'Pofessor Thom's' thats not really anything Syracuse-related but a bunch of peeps from a bunch of schools go there to watch their schools play. So if Fordham is playing one night or Duke another night, thats what you'll find the bar full of. Syracuse included. Its a great place to hang, drink and watch a 'Cuse game but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the place to be 'sanctioned' by the alumni association as a designated spot.

Because other SU fans will be there (because its called 'Marshall Street") and when was the last time the alumni association suggested or designated a place that anyone would actually go to?

There's a place on the lower east side called 'Pofessor Thom's' thats not really anything Syracuse-related but a bunch of peeps from a bunch of schools go there to watch their schools play. So if Fordham is playing one night or Duke another night, thats what you'll find the bar full of. Syracuse included. Its a great place to hang, drink and watch a 'Cuse game but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the place to be 'sanctioned' by the alumni association as a designated spot.

Well I guess i'd rather have a consensus cuse hangout that didn't appear to be so lacking. Why should su fans hang out there more than once if it sucks? Bars in that part of town tend to have about a 1.5 year lifespan anyway.

In any case I hope it's great and everyone goes there- it just first look great to me

Oh, how funny! I literally just walked in from a night out at Professor Thom's about 15 minutes ago. But it actually had nothing to do with the 'Cuse. For professional sports Thom's is a Boston bar, the main Boston team sports bar in NYC. Was there for the big Red Sox/Yanks game tonight. As many of you probably heard (or saw), the Yanks were an out away from being only 3 games out of first place just 24 hours ago (with a 3-run lead). But suddenly they are now 6 games out, as well as 4 games out of 2nd, and will be 4 games out of 3rd as well if Blue Jays hold on (which is also the 2nd Wild Card).

Last edited:
If I ran the bar restaurant

My menu:

Hofmann Coneys
Zweigles
Beef on Weck
Chicken Riggies
Gianelli Italian Sausage
Chicken Wings
Halfmoon Cookies
Salt Potatoes
Steamers
no spiedies?

Awesome! Will folks be there for USF this Saturday?

Yes. Supposedly they will be. I have asked and they have said they are going to show it. I'll be there.

upstate food items on the menu ? wimpy's and salt taters ?

(i saw a wimpy wagon downtown Oburg this summer. )

Last edited:
Does anyone from the Northern Nj area still go to Miami Mike's? I know Linda used to, maybe we could get something going this bball season..

I didn't know that Miami Mike's supports SU. I live 15 minutes away. Anyone know of any football gatherings there this fall? If not, hopefully we can get some folks to meet up for a hoops game. Brian, if you also live in the area and are interested, shoot me a PM - maybe we could meet up for a pigskin game.

I didn't know that Miami Mike's supports SU. I live 15 minutes away. Anyone know of any football gatherings there this fall? If not, hopefully we can get some folks to meet up for a hoops game. Brian, if you also live in the area and are interested, shoot me a PM - maybe we could meet up for a pigskin game.
Miami Mike's still does host SU games - arranged by the Norther NJ Alumni Club run by IraSez . As a member, you get email blasts of all SU-related events in the area.

otisco said:

I'm a dolphins fan, went there a couple years ago for a game, great atmosphere. I live about 45 mins away but would be down for a hoops game there on a Saturday.

20160917_155545_resized.jpg

I had a chance to check out the new place for last week's USF game. Not bad at all, and seems to have a lot of potential. There is actually a bar in the front with a bunch of TV's and then a 2nd bar in the back with 2 large TV's behind the bar. Then they have a 3rd room that is a pool room with one TV. For the SU game they were doing $3 beers for all domestic brands (including bottles). In NYC, that is pretty damn good. The crowd was fairly small as they told me they had only been open about 3 weeks. I counted about 10 SU fans there watching---they gave us the back bar exclusively for that game, since they needed to hook up the ACC Network from the laptop. Had the pleasure to meet the board's own Guy Fawkes and his lady. I never knew this but Guy informed me that his Mom is the one and only Cherihoop !!

As I tweeted out from the bar last week, you can never have enough 'Cuse bars in NYC!

Attachments

• 20160917_155545_resized (1).jpg
    20160917_155545_resized (1).jpg
    623 KB · Views: 40
View attachment 76853

I had a chance to check out the new place for last week's USF game. Not bad at all, and seems to have a lot of potential. There is actually a bar in the front with a bunch of TV's and then a 2nd bar in the back with 2 large TV's behind the bar. Then they have a 3rd room that is a pool room with one TV. For the SU game they were doing $3 beers for all domestic brands (including bottles). In NYC, that is pretty damn good. The crowd was fairly small as they told me they had only been open about 3 weeks. I counted about 10 SU fans there watching---they gave us the back bar exclusively for that game, since they needed to hook up the ACC Network from the laptop. Had the pleasure to meet the board's own Guy Fawkes and his lady. I never knew this but Guy informed me that his Mom is the one and only Cherihoop !!

As I tweeted out from the bar last week, you can never have enough 'Cuse bars in NYC!
I had no idea :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom