New Uniforms Truly Awesome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Uniforms Truly Awesome

I'm ok with the styling. I just want more orange. They don't have to be all orange. Just more orange. If the primary color of the jersey is blue or white, I want the pants to be orange and vice versa. The grey, I can see as a change up. I'll be interesting to see what the orange uniforms that they said were coming look like and how they may mix and match jerseys with pants.

I'm ok with the styling. I just want more orange. They don't have to be all orange. Just more orange. If the primary color of the jersey is blue or white, I want the pants to be orange and vice versa. The grey, I can see as a change up. I'll be interesting to see what the orange uniforms that they said were coming look like and how they may mix and match jerseys with pants.
I feel the same way. The funny thing is, if Charlie Loeb would have came out with the blue jersey with orange pants, most people would have been on board with everything. I think the all blue set people the wrong way from the start. When we do wear the blue jersey with orange pants and helmet its gonna actually have more orange than our originals because the numbers are orange now.

Enough with the hating. These are some sweet uni's. Would you rather look like some of our NE brethren?

Uconn:

590x786xBIJu002CcAAVpSc-590x786.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6_hVTJxhMj.jpg

Rutgers:

New-Rutgers-Uniforms-1.png

BC:

Weber+State+v+Boston+College+dYnULqfcwNAl.jpg

Our uni's look waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than all of the above. We now have similar uniforms to some very big name programs. These are the way new uniforms are trending.

This is badasssss:

New-Syracuse-Football-Uniforms-2.jpg

And now compared to most of the programs we are recruiting against, we have far superior uniforms. The mix-and-match possibilities will be awesome. Don't forget about the orange uniforms coming shortly as well. Not quite sure how anyone can perceive this as a negative, even if you don't like certain aspects of the uniform.

BC is obviously crappy at everything, but I personally think their football uniforms are great.

eao1115 said:
BC is obviously crappy at everything, but I personally think their football uniforms are great.

They look dated to me...

Not even because I'm a student but UB's uni's aren't bad.
Honestly, if your school colors are nice, simple can look really good. Conversely, if you have hideous colors, no amount of styling will ever help you. That's why VaTech will never look good.

Not too bad, but the extended height on bottom half of the numbers looks a little weird to me, at least at first glance. As long as the players wearing the uniforms win, that's what matters most.

Color is the only real issue.

I think some orange on the sides of the blue to give it a bit of pop and it solves all of our issues.

edit* orange on the sides of all 3 jerseys and it solves everything for me

fellas you can only come up with so many colors and combinations. Of course some of the looks are gonna look similar to other teams. Our old uniforms looked like a bunch of teams too

Yes, but they've been OUR colors for 40 years. What's wrong with that?

Yes, but they've been OUR colors for 40 years. What's wrong with that?
what are you talking about? I was making a point about looking like other teams. What are you saying about the colors?

When we do wear the blue jersey with orange pants and helmet its gonna actually have more orange than our originals because the numbers are orange now.
You'll have to wait until 2015 for the Orange gear.

Okay, I've come around. I understand the traditional uniforms will never be back as a mainstay. Give the younger generation what they want so long as it helps recruiting and wins on the field. I give up. That being said, with the introduction of orange jerseys and orange pants Syracuse will be represented well if they are brought into the mix often. Think orange helmet, orange jersey & white or blue pants. Or orange jersey, orange pants & blue or white helmet. It could look pretty sharp; traditional no, but sharp.

What bunch of teams?
lol exactly what GoSU96 said. That look have been around so many years. Everyone looked the same. The stripes down the helmet also.

Nothing at this point- believe he finished his grad degree and works in NYC now.
Thanks for the update, thought he was with academic support for some reason.

He was more of a "mentor" the last year or so while finishing his grad degree, but I think he traveled with the team. Bruce Williams and Ollie Haney are working in academic support. Ryan Gillum has some kind of IT role at Manley as well- good to keep some alums around the program.

I never hated them, and they continued to grow on me. After seeing them up close in person today on Hunt and Lynch, I really like them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom