Next years frontcourt | Syracusefan.com

Next years frontcourt

Shark58

BANNED
How good will the frontcourt be with DC2, Chuckwu, Lydon, Robe and Motor Moyer? And don't you think we need another forward? 3 are not enough in my opinion. What happens if there is an injury? Just trying to start a new topic.

Shark58 said:
How good will the frontcourt be with DC2, Chuckwu, Lydon, Robe and Motor Moyer? And don't you think we need another forward? 3 are not enough in my opinion. What happens if there is an injury? Just trying to start a new topic.

JB only plays 7-8 guys. Yada Yada. You're not going to gain much traction with that argument here.

But I keep trying.

Lots of interchangeable parts not mentioned enough.
Lydon - 3/4/5 if needed.
Battle - 1/2/3 if needed. And that is the key to me. Battle will be strong enough and sound enough defensively if we desperately need another forward to play the position. Very cerebral on the court. He will manage and was asked to do a lot of switching throughout high school. Played every position defensively from GSB to St. Joe's.

Aside from an injury risk at guard, we should be more than ok in my opinion.

Lydon and Robey are both gonna get 35+, so Moyer "only" will see 10 or so.
If one of them gets hurt (Boeheim forbid), then Moyer is this year's Lydon, and gets 30+.

Battle can play some 3, if need be. Kid's gonna get 35+ mins/game, someplace.
1-2-3, doesn't matter.

We'd be much more screwed if one of the 3 guards gets injured.
If you wanna worry about something - THAT is something to worry about.

Lydon and Robey are both gonna get 35+, so Moyer "only" will see 10 or so.
If one of them gets hurt (Boeheim forbid), then Moyer is this year's Lydon, and gets 30+.

Battle can play some 3, if need be. Kid's gonna get 35+ mins/game, someplace.
1-2-3, doesn't matter.

We'd be much more screwed if one of the 3 guards gets injured.
If you wanna worry about something - THAT is something to worry about.

Is there any chance of us adding another guard? Whether it be a transfer, or someone reclassifying.

Lydon - 3/4/5 if needed.
Battle - 1/2/3 if needed. And that is the key to me. Battle will be strong enough and sound enough defensively if we desperately need another forward to play the position. Very cerebral on the court. He will manage and was asked to do a lot of switching throughout high school. Played every position defensively from GSB to St. Joe's.

Aside from an injury an injury risk at guard, we should be more than ok in my opinion.

Battle sliding to some 3 in lieu of Mali was a topic of conversation today. so, assuming we get some 3G rotational burn and Battle moves down low, who best fills the other 2 back slots? go fast with Tyler and Robe or put 72 in the middle and pick and chose from a strech 4 or a rebounding centric 4?

Forget thinking about injuries. Injuries happen there's nothing you can do.

We are better this year because we have Chuckwu. And Lydon has a year of playing center under his belt. Moyer will hopefully play the 3 spot in place of Richardson. DC2 will incrementally improve. Roberson will continue to be like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh.

tigger.png

Forget thinking about injuries. Injuries happen there's nothing you can do.

We are better this year because we have Chuckwu. And Lydon has a year of playing center under his belt. Moyer will hopefully play the 3 spot in place of Richardson. DC2 will incrementally improve. Roberson will continue to be like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh.

View attachment 64193

If Robe plays like Robo Robe, I'll chop his head on the Triche gif

And RickJack too.
Would love to see TR be like a 12/10 guy.

I think he will. I think we saw in the 2015-16 season he has the ability to take over games for short stretches. My hope is there will be games where he simply cannot be out-rebounded.

You have to admit Roberson has some springs in those legs!!!
After Rak and G's breakout seniors year, I hope Robe picks up on it next year.

IF Robe:

1- brings it on the glass every game
2- is put in an offensive position to succeed, namely near the basket so he can concentrate on boards and putbacks

he'll be very successful

if he

3- hits semi consistent 10'-15' jumpers

he becomes BeastRobe
25qrvyo.jpg

IF Robe:

1- brings it on the glass every game
2- is put in an offensive position to succeed, namely near the basket so he can concentrate on boards and putbacks

he'll be very successful

if he

3- his semi consistent 10'-15' jumpers

he becomes BeastRobe
25qrvyo.jpg

Scoop once describe someone got their "special powers" back. If anyone has special powers it's Roberson. I just can't get over the stretches of games during the 2015-16 when he got so many rebounds. It was insane. If he can bring that level of energy to a new level and be consistent he's going to be so much fun to watch!

Y
Lydon - 3/4/5 if needed.

Aside from an injury risk at guard, we should be more than ok in my opinion.

Your grounded and realistic view of things is a refreshing change of pace on this board. Thank you.

Y
Your grounded and realistic view of things is a refreshing change of pace on this board. Thank you.

You don't think Lydon will play PG then?

I think the frontcourt is going to be a strength. Yes, we could use another forward but mainly for future years, and I think that is the problem in getting TT - he wants time now.

And while I think the front court of Tyler, TRob, and DC2/7'2" looks intimidating it would have been nice to have a driving small forward option. I don't think Battle will move over at all given the shortage of guards. Mal's leaving hurt a lot more than the turk making a stupid decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom