NFL Draft 2016 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Draft 2016

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
whos your team? who you want? what # you pick?

patsy fans need not participate.

you cheating obstructionist liars will be allowed to join us on Friday.

Giants. Defense. #10

yeah I just ignored my own request for a name. I cant think straight as I keep seeing Bosa drop, some to 9, which gives me hope he will be there at 10 or we could move up 1 for him.

otherwise, the big Giants names are OLs Stanley and Conklin as well as LB Floyd (who is rumoured to be the guy) or CB Hargreaves.

also, anyone got a mock theyd like to share??

Bills #19 - I'd prefer Reggie Ragland, ILB Alabama or A'Shawn Robinson, DT Alabama. But I just know Rex will have to take a chance on Mr "Get suspended for the bowl game and fall of a balcony" Robert Nkemdiche. There's not a character concern that guy can stay away from.

Cowboys- I really want Bosa at 4, I wouldn't be upset with Ramsey either, I have a feeling the pick is going to be Elliot.

Cowboys- I really want Bosa at 4, I wouldn't be upset with Ramsey either, I have a feeling the pick is going to be Elliot.

Seems like the Cowboys almost have to go to d-line with the upcoming suspension issues. Unless you're not going to play a d-line, which would be a unique strategy.

Seems like the Cowboys almost have to go to d-line with the upcoming suspension issues. Unless you're not going to play a d-line, which would be a unique strategy.

Gregory is going to miss 4 games, We did sign Cedric Thronon, but we do need some depth on the dl, we were 31st in sacks last year.

id love for the pokes to take Elliot, for that seems to be the path for Bosa to drop, just don't think they will.

McFadden rushed for over 100 5x last year and over 90 2x. do they really need to go RB??

all that without romo, who sucks, but is a good suck, compared to some of the other shlub qbs out there.

id love for the pokes to take Elliot, for that seems to be the path for Bosa to drop, just don't think they will.

McFadden rushed for over 100 5x last year and over 90 2x. do they really need to go RB??

all that without romo, who sucks, but is a good suck, compared to some of the other shlub qbs out there.

It would be a mistake to take a rb, we also signed Morris, but Jerry seems to be in love with the kid, and we all know what that means.

It would be a mistake to take a rb, we also signed Morris, but Jerry seems to be in love with the kid, and we all know what that means.
wow, forgot about morris, yeah he makes no sense there.

im going to have somebody lock jer-uhs kid up in a closet for a few hours tomorrow, he seems to be the voice of reason to tell his pops...NO.

I keep telling all the twentysomethings I work with that the pokes used to be good...they just don't believe me.

Dolphins trade up to get Jack and somehow pickup Henry in the 2nd

Dolphins trade up to get Jack and somehow pickup Henry in the 2nd
Giants boards are flippin out over Jack, they want him.

I keep saying...weve led the league in injuries for 3...that's 3...Fn seasons...and you want to draft a guy at 10 with a knee history??

I think we need Bosa, Jack and Elliot to all be gone as well as 1 of those OL I named so it helps clear the mud a little bit.

I wouldn't mind trading back a bit to snag another pick or so.

Bucs fan. My Big Board (including guys that most likely won't fall to us):

1. Jalen Ramsey
2. Laremy Tunsil
3. Joey Bosa
4. DeForest Buckner
5. Ronnie Stanley
6. Leonard Floyd
7. Vernon Hargreaves
8. Sheldon Rankins

If 1-5 are all gone, I'm hoping for a trade-down, but we'll see.

Bills #19 - I'd prefer Reggie Ragland, ILB Alabama or A'Shawn Robinson, DT Alabama. But I just know Rex will have to take a chance on Mr "Get suspended for the bowl game and fall of a balcony" Robert Nkemdiche. There's not a character concern that guy can stay away from.
As a Bills fan I just don't know what to make of this all... I still don't know how we went from having a top 3 D to a year later needing to draft defense in the first round.

Needs are LB/RT/G/DE/WR in that order. Given that RT and G aren't typically picked in the first round I'm guessing Nkemdiche or Spence. My dream scenario is that Lynch is still around when they pick and they can trade down and get a D guy or a WR.

As a Bills fan I just don't know what to make of this all... I still don't know how we went from having a top 3 D to a year later needing to draft defense in the first round.

Needs are LB/RT/G/DE/WR in that order. Given that RT and G aren't typically picked in the first round I'm guessing Nkemdiche or Spence. My dream scenario is that Lynch is still around when they pick and they can trade down and get a D guy or a WR.

Nice post. I agree totally. Picking up an extra pick by trading down would be nice. I forgot about Spence. I think he has a better chance of getting his act together than Nkemdiche. It also infuriates me that we are looking defense in the first round. I think it's fair to say my patience is very short with Rex heading into the season.

wow, forgot about morris, yeah he makes no sense there.

im going to have somebody lock jer-uhs kid up in a closet for a few hours tomorrow, he seems to be the voice of reason to tell his pops...NO.

I keep telling all the twentysomethings I work with that the pokes used to be good...they just don't believe me.

Hopefully someone in the war room will talk him out if it, like they did when they took Martin over Manziel.

With the 10th pick of the 2016 NFL draft, the New York Giants select...

Jack Conklin, Offensive Tackle Michigan St.

Pick Team Player Position
1 Rams Jared Goff QB
2 Eagles Carson Wentz QB
3 Chargers Laremy Tunsil OT
4 Cowboys Joey Bosa DE
5 Jaguars Myles Jack OLB
6 Ravens Jalen Ramsey CB
7 49ers Ronnie Stanley OT
8 Browns Deforest Buckner DE
9 Buccaneers Vernon Hargreaves III CB
10 Giants Jack Conklin OT
11 Bears Leonard Floyd OLB
12 Saints Sheldon Rankins DT
13 Dolphins Ezekiel Elliott HB
14 Raiders Reggie Ragland ILB
15 Titans Laquon Treadwell WR
16 Lions Eli Apple CB
17 Falcons Darron Lee OLB
18 Colts Taylor Decker OT
19 Bills Shaq Lawson DE
20 Jets Paxton Lynch QB
21 Redskins Jarran Reed DT
22 Texans Corey Coleman WR
23 Vikings Josh Doctson WR
24 Bengals Will Fuller WR
25 Steelers William Jackson III CB
26 Seahawks Germain Ifedi OT
27 Packers A'Shawn Robinson DT
28 Chiefs Vonn Bell S
29 Cardinals Ryan Kelly C
30 Panthers Artie Burns CB
31 Broncos Cody Whitehair OG
32 Browns Michael Thomas WR
33 Titans Jason Spriggs OT
34 Cowboys Derrick Henry HB
35 Chargers Robert Nkemdiche DE
36 Ravens Kamalei Correa OLB
37 49ers Connor Cook QB
38 Jaguars Vernon Butler DT
39 Buccaneers Kevin Dodd DE
40 Giants Jaylon Smith OLB
41 Bears Hunter Henry TE
42 Dolphins Kendall Fuller CB
43 Titans Karl Joseph S
44 Raiders Chris Jones DT
45 Titans Joshua Garnett OG
46 Lions Kenny Clark DT
47 Saints Deion Jones OLB
48 Colts Nick Martin C
49 Bills Andrew Billings DT
50 Falcons Keanu Neal S
51 Jets Noah Spence OLB
52 Texans Jonathan Bullard DE
53 Redskins Tyler Boyd WR
54 Vikings Shon Coleman OT
55 Bengals Hassan Ridgeway DT
56 Seahawks Mackensie Alexander CB
57 Packers Joshua Perry ILB
58 Steelers Su'a Cravens S
59 Chiefs Braxton Miller WR
60 Patriots La'Raven Clark OT
61 Patriots Austin Johnson DT
62 Panthers Emmanuel Ogbah DE
63 Broncos Christian Hackenburg QB

As a Giants fan, I want a DL first and foremost. Conklin is fine if they go offense, but we need help help with the front seven.

I'm done wanting any sort of s e x y pick. I want guys that we can plug in an depend on to stop the run and get to the QB.

As a Giants fan, I want a DL first and foremost. Conklin is fine if they go offense, but we need help help with the front seven.

I'm done wanting any sort of s e x y pick. I want guys that we can plug in an depend on to stop the run and get to the QB.
i agree.

the way I see it...the Giants are picking #10 and at 10 you want a guy who will play for 8-10 years.

that's going to rule out most linebackers, especially ones with bad knees.

for the most part, that leaves QBs, WRs, OTs, DEs and CBs as the type of positions that last that long. (DT too, but you don't take a run stopper at 10).

certainly don't need a QB...and don't need a WR at 1o either.

looks like both DEs will be gone.

that leaves OTs and CB.

in other words 1 of Tunsil, Stanley, & Conklin and Hargreaves.

Tunsil will likely be gone, rumour is Stanley too now.

the wildcard is Floyd. 1 of him and Hargreaves will likely still be there...same with Conklin.

I think its 1 of those 3 with them likely ranked:

1. Conklin
2. Hargreaves
3. Floyd

I hope somebody jumps up to take another QB.

would like to see Buckner or Bosa drop...

i agree.

the way I see it...the Giants are picking #10 and at 10 you want a guy who will play for 8-10 years.

that's going to rule out most linebackers, especially ones with bad knees.

for the most part, that leaves QBs, WRs, OTs, DEs and CBs as the type of positions that last that long. (DT too, but you don't take a run stopper at 10).

certainly don't need a QB...and don't need a WR at 1o either.

looks like both DEs will be gone.

that leaves OTs and CB.

in other words 1 of Tunsil, Stanley, & Conklin and Hargreaves.

Tunsil will likely be gone, rumour is Stanley too now.

the wildcard is Floyd. 1 of him and Hargreaves will likely still be there...same with Conklin.

I think its 1 of those 3 with them likely ranked:

1. Conklin
2. Hargreaves
3. Floyd

I hope somebody jumps up to take another QB.

would like to see Buckner or Bosa drop...

Couldn't agree more.

whos your team? who you want? what # you pick?

patsy fans need not participate.

you cheating obstructionist liars will be allowed to join us on Friday.

Giants. Defense. #10

yeah I just ignored my own request for a name. I cant think straight as I keep seeing Bosa drop, some to 9, which gives me hope he will be there at 10 or we could move up 1 for him.

otherwise, the big Giants names are OLs Stanley and Conklin as well as LB Floyd (who is rumoured to be the guy) or CB Hargreaves.

also, anyone got a mock theyd like to share??

GMen should draft OL if a good one is available at #10.

I do not want a Bama player in the 1st unless it's Jarron Reed. It seems 99% likely we go defense so my preference is Nkemdiche or Spence but would be ok with Reed. NO to Ragland.

Spence, Calhoun, Billings or Joseph in the 2nd.

*I would also be ok with a RT or WR in the 1st or 2nd. I don't think our defense is as much of a mess as it's made out to be now that we have fully switched to Rex's style and replaced some guys that didn't offer anything last year. LB-Brown, S-Blanton and DB-Moore are all guys who are young and fit our system. Whaley did a great job of bringing in solid defenders who fit the scheme given our cap situation.

Last edited: