NFL Draft 2016 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Draft 2016

I don't get what the Giants are doing, they need Ol help. I do like the Shephard pick for you guys.
they really dont need OL help unless that was being done on day 1 or 2.

it would be nice, but they had sooo many other areas of need.

1 of which was the secondary.

and between jenkins and the draft...its at least attempted to be fixed.

for whatever reason, they like john jerry at RG. he did grade out well.

now RT...thats another issue, but maybe they hope through FA they can still address it.

they attacked the DL in FA pretty hard as well as touched the LBs and drafted a clemson LB Captain who could stick.

grabbed a good look at TE in the 5th and away we go...

That's interesting. When Reid was in Philly the mantra was to always draft high character guys.
Some of these incidents these guys are involved in are out of control.

I'm all for second chances as evidenced by my feelings on Tyreek Hill but some of these guys...cmon lol.

Guy from WVU was implicated in intimidating a witness to a murder. Uh, what? My guy, new Buffalo Bill, Adolphus Washington caught up in a prostitution sting lol. Laremy Tunsil looking like a choir boy compared to half these guys.

So what's the statue of limitations for how long we need to be outraged over something? He made a huge mistake in 2014. Paid big time for it. Is he not allowed a second chance...ever?

I think domestic violence is a more sensitive situation around the Chiefs because Reid and Dorsey took over only a couple months after Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend and the killed himself at the team facility. The emphasized that character would be really important part of their player evaluations and who they signed. Then Hill didn't come across very well to a lot of people around here when he was asked yesterday what he’s done to improve himself and avoid a similar incident, Hill said, “I just try to choose my friends wisely. I’m not trying to point any fingers at anybody, but I’ve just got to be better at choosing my friends and who I hang around, stuff like that.” It didn't really comes across like he was taking responsibility and possibly blaming the victim.

That being said, I'm obviously a Bills fan and just a casual local Chiefs observer so won't lose sleep about the Chiefs on way or another. I did just come back from church where the whole sermon was about second chances. So I'd kinda be a total hypocrite less than an hour after leaving if I didn't say I really hope it works out for the kid and he takes advantage of the opportunity.

they really dont need OL help unless that was being done on day 1 or 2.

it would be nice, but they had sooo many other areas of need.

1 of which was the secondary.

and between jenkins and the draft...its at least attempted to be fixed.

for whatever reason, they like john jerry at RG. he did grade out well.

now RT...thats another issue, but maybe they hope through FA they can still address it.

they attacked the DL in FA pretty hard as well as touched the LBs and drafted a clemson LB Captain who could stick.

grabbed a good look at TE in the 5th and away we go...

The Tunsil decision, depending on how he pans out, is going to impact a lot of front office futures, IMO.

Including Jerry.

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
The Bears announced they released OL Matt Slauson, who played every single offensive snap for the team in 2015: 1,083 of 1,083.

He reached the Slauson Cutoff?

I'm here all week. Try the veal. :p

The Tunsil decision, depending on how he pans out, is going to impact a lot of front office futures, IMO.

Including Jerry.

Agree with your first sentence but not your second. The Mara family et al would never step into that type of controversy re Tunsil.

Agree with your first sentence but not your second. The Mara family et al would never step into that type of controversy re Tunsil.
the thing is they do...when they've done their homework...Christian Peter and Kerry Collins to name 2 who worked, Will Hill to name 1 who frustratingly didn't.

clearly, they figured hed be gone and didn't do any homework.

that video, clearly shook up the draft and if you ask me...caused the Giants to lose out on Plan A...Conklin, Plan B...Floyd and have to settle for Plan C...Apple.

I pretty sure they weren't expecting that and couldn't take the risk that he was uncontrollable.

they were damn tightlipped about Apple for sure.

watching Papa, Banks & Diehl on 'Giants Draft Night Live' being clearly shocked and had them at a loss for words for a bit, before Banks tried to cover for everyone, made for interesting viewing.

the thing is they do...when they've done their homework...Christian Peter and Kerry Collins to name 2 who worked, Will Hill to name 1 who frustratingly didn't.

clearly, they figured hed be gone and didn't do any homework.

that video, clearly shook up the draft and if you ask me...caused the Giants to lose out on Plan A...Conklin, Plan B...Floyd and have to settle for Plan C...Apple.

I pretty sure they weren't expecting that and couldn't take the risk that he was uncontrollable.

they were damn tightlipped about Apple for sure.

watching Papa, Banks & Diehl on 'Giants Draft Night Live' being clearly shocked and had them at a loss for words for a bit, before Banks tried to cover for everyone, made for interesting viewing.

Yeah I forgot about Peter and Collins although they didn't draft Collins so that's a little bit different.

Yeah I forgot about Peter and Collins although they didn't draft Collins so that's a little bit different.
oh I agree, signing a FA problem child is totally different to drafting one, but I was focused more on...did they do their homework.

now, maybe they DID and decided he wasn't worth it and were hoping somebody would else would still draft him before 10...and the doomsday scenario played out.

I don't know.

and I don't think Reese will ever be as transparent and forthcoming as Accorsi was.

oh I agree, signing a FA problem child is totally different to drafting one, but I was focused more on...did they do their homework.

now, maybe they DID and decided he wasn't worth it and were hoping somebody would else would still draft him before 10...and the doomsday scenario played out.

I don't know.

and I don't think Reese will ever be as transparent and forthcoming as Accorsi was.

Did you catch the Reece interview with Francessa?

Did you catch the Reece interview with Francessa?
I did.

he wouldn't comment on Tunsil at all.

although Mike did slip, we will assume then that the video impacted your decision...to which Reese answered OK.

I don't think the starting RT is on the roster yet.

if you guys aren't following Eli Apple's mom on twitter, you need to .

and she just dropped this gem in a SI article...Eli was offered Rolex watches and diamonds to wear on draft day. I told him, “Dude, you’re an unemployed college dropout. You will not be on TV with a Rolex.” So we decided if he needed to know what time it was, he could just look at his phone. I bought him a portable charger.

hysterical.

and she just dropped this gem in a SI article...Eli was offered Rolex watches and diamonds to wear on draft day. I told him, “Dude, you’re an unemployed college dropout. You will not be on TV with a Rolex.” So we decided if he needed to know what time it was, he could just look at his phone. I bought him a portable charger.

hysterical.
Not sure I can handle two Eli's on the team - too confusing. I'm going to start calling #10 THEli.

hysterical.

She's hilarious.

Not sure I can handle two Eli's on the team - too confusing. I'm going to start calling #10 THEli.
yeah, the Giants now lead the league in Eli's.

#10 however, transcends sports.

you could be talking baseball with someone and drop...hes a winner...just like Eli.

and you wouldn't have to add in Manning.

with any luck, Eli Apple's mom will drop his family nickname in a tweet and we can call him that.

yeah, the Giants now lead the league in Eli's.

#10 however, transcends sports.

you could be talking baseball with someone and drop...hes a winner...just like Eli.

and you wouldn't have to add in Manning.

with any luck, Eli Apple's mom will drop his family nickname in a tweet and we can call him that.

Transcends sports, lets not get nuts.

Transcends sports, lets not get nuts.
couldn't find a better phrase, but I think it fits.

theres only 1 Eli...and everybody knows him.

be it because its football, those commercials, hes Peyton's bro or just the QB of the NYG...'Eli', is known.

Bills first round drat pick Shaq Lawson OUT 5-6 months (probably the whole season). Needs shoulder surgery. Start the year on PUP for sure

Also Sammy Watkins has a broken foot. Rough day in Buffalo

Last edited: