NFL finds it probable Pats deflated balls | Syracusefan.com

NFL finds it probable Pats deflated balls

Doesn't look good for Brady, who the report concludes was "generally aware" of the activities.

The question now is what action, if any the NFL decides to take. IMO this will largely be dictated by the public response, or else the League would have simultaneously announced sanctions when the report was made public.

Good luck punishing anything real. You can't issue a report with "probably" and "generally aware" and expect any penalty to stick up on appeal from a non-NFL controlled factfinder.

This is just Pron for Patriot haters and reading thru it pages 124-129 are the hardest on them and by them its Tom Brady. They can't prove he did anything but believe he did something.

Good luck punishing anything real. You can't issue a report with "probably" and "generally aware" and expect any penalty to stick up on appeal from a non-NFL controlled factfinder.

This is just . . . . for Patriot haters and reading thru it pages 124-129 are the hardest on them and by them its Tom Brady. They can't prove he did anything but believe he did something.

Literally everyone is saying that if it's "probable", you're guilty in the eyes of the NFL and if Brady isn't punished, they'll never hear the end of it. It sounds like he may be suspended.

Also, reports that he paid the equipment guys off with autographed memorabilia, shoes, clothes, etc. in order for them to agree to help him cheat.

Literally everyone is saying that if it's "probable", you're guilty in the eyes of the NFL and if Brady isn't punished, they'll never hear the end of it. It sounds like he may be suspended.

Also, reports that he paid the equipment guys off with autographed memorabilia, shoes, clothes, etc. in order for them to agree to help him cheat.
Probable equals guilty? Then expect the NFLPA to appeal and sue and likely win a la Adrian Peterson. If you can't prove somebody broke the rules even with circumstantial evidence then we have become the Minority Report. No way he gets suspended or the sh!tstorm will open even more.

The Patriots cheat...everyone knows it...their fans choose to ignore or embrace it...whatever, it's just sports, but the Patriots cheat...pretty clear

Patriots: Here is our explanation.

Wells: Okay, I don't believe you.

Patriots: Okay, prove it.

Wells: I can't, but I don't believe you.

How can you suspend without evidence.

Probable equals guilty? Then expect the NFLPA to appeal and sue and likely win a la Adrian Peterson. If you can't prove somebody broke the rules even with circumstantial evidence then we have become the Minority Report. No way he gets suspended or the sh!tstorm will open even more.

Not really... it's basically like how civil suits work. The burden of proof is different. In the NFL, it doesn't have to be proven beyond doubt; it just has to be proven to be more likely than not, which is apparently the case here (based on what the media has been saying).

I gotta think Wells is thinking - I got Bush elected and same sex marriage in most states - What I am I doing here with this little pissant QB?

I gotta think Wells is thinking - I got Bush elected and same s e x marriage in most states - What I am I doing here with this little pissant QB?
"We can't say that anything happened. But it totally could have. And we're gonna go ahead and guess that Brady would have known. Probably.

Um, the article says there are text messages between the equipment staff...like, what do you suppose those say?

Um, the article says there are text messages between the equipment staff...like, what do you suppose those say?
Did you actually the texts?
McNally sounds pissed and threatens to over inflate the balls. He describes the process and talks about how the refs put the balls at 16. None of the texts say Brady wants the balls to be deflated below the legal limit. McNally just busts the either guy Jastremski's balls for being Brady's b!tch and wants free stuff.

The full report is available on CNN. If you go to page 122 it basically lists why exactly they concluded that the equipment guys purposefully deflated the balls and why Brady knew about it/was potentially rewarding them for doing it. It isn't indisputable evidence, but it's a lot of circumstantial stuff that makes a lot of sense.

The full report is available on CNN. If you go to page 122 it basically lists why exactly they concluded that the equipment guys purposefully deflated the balls and why Brady knew about it/was potentially rewarding them for doing it. It isn't indisputable evidence, but it's a lot of circumstantial stuff that makes a lot of sense.
I read it all 124-129 are the damning parts, but I can't see an independent factfinder suspending Brady without one of the ball attendants rolling on him.

I read it all 124-129 are the damning parts, but I can't see an independent factfinder suspending Brady without one of the ball attendants rolling on him.

My guess is Brady will get off with a fine, but I think if this were someone else that the NFL doesn't care about as much, he'd likely be suspended a game or two. Will be interesting to see how the NFL handles this for sure though.

My guess is Brady will get off with a fine, but I think if this were someone else that the NFL doesn't care about as much, he'd likely be suspended a game or two. Will be interesting to see how the NFL handles this for sure though.
I'm guessing Kraft won't be getting that apology he was looking for.

Schefter is saying Kraft & Belichick and co. could very well be punished as well based on the way the Saints and Falcons violations were handled (ignorance isn't an excuse).

Schefter is saying Kraft & Belichick and co. could very well be punished as well based on the way the Saints and Falcons violations were handled (ignorance isn't an excuse).

bit of a leap, as the Saints situation involved coaches and many players. Had more of an institutional feel. This report implicates three people, one being the QB, and the others lower level team employees. Now i am one who though the Saints punishments were fairly outrageous.

I guess that's why you wait 4 months to release the findings that probably took 15 mins to uncover...let things simmer down

This is a 2nd competitive violation of the rules by an organization during games!

Who knows what else there is (buying off officials -- probable)

If you cheated to win a game, don't you forfeit that game? And thus the results of ensuing playoff games?

It's a good thing for this program that Kraft and Goodell are such good buddies and financially inter-twined, they likely will get off easy.

I guess that's why you wait 4 months to release the findings that probably took 15 mins to uncover...let things simmer down

This is a 2nd competitive violation of the rules by an organization during games!

If you cheated to win a game, don't you forfeit that game? And thus the results of ensuing playoff games?

It's a good thing for this program that Kraft and Goodell are such good buddies and financially inter-twined, they likely will get off easy.

After reading the report it is asinine it took so long. as for much of the rest of your post it is likely that your hatred for the late and my love for them would not allow us to see eye to eye.

I have no allegiance to any specific NFL team, but I don't think this ends how the Brady/Pats haters hope. The whole thing is silly, and comes across as the Colts are sick of getting their brain beat in by the Pats for the past 15 years, and tried some gamesmanship that failed.

I don't see how 12 gets suspended when he is the face of the NFL home opener. With him in the game the NFL will get big ratings and a "cheating" Brady probably gets even bigger ratings.

I don't see why the Brady haters are happy. It's lose/lose for them. If anything this gives someone with tremendous self-motivation even more motivation to destroy them next year.