NFL Thread | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats win coin toss and elect to receive.

Wow it must mean the Pats don't want Pitt to get a quick start.

Pittsburgh offense is going to be tough but unless the Pats make mistakes the Pitt D is not Denver.

How many years is it going to take for Pittsburgh to get shredded by Brady to realize their zone defense is garbage against him? 20?
Mike Tomlin can not gameplan. He does what he does and basically says beat what I do.
Did Bud Dupree even play in this game. Brady torched this pathetic secondary and the Pats have a solid D.
Not elite but definitely solid.
9 Super Bowl appearances the most all time.

I don't think that Steelers D is that good.
Good QBs can exploit their secondary. NE is the only team left with a decent secondary.
Pitt has good LBs mediocre DL and bad Secondary.
The blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut.

Come clean, was it you that pulled the fire alarm?
I can't confirm or deny it.
I will say I am glad the kid who got caught is getting a legit charge and is going to probably go to jail for atleast a little bit.
So stupid to do that chit.

I'M THE BEST!
This game is a coin flip. Atlanta's offense is a machine. NE tend to play bend don't break D.
NE's offense will play a lot smarter than GB.
I expect NE will study New Orleans and how they attack Atlanta.

10 of 11 last SB winners have worn their white jerseys.
Atlanta gets to choose white or red.

This game is a coin flip. Atlanta's offense is a machine. NE tend to play bend don't break D.

Just put a good a bit o' money on NE -3.5 with some better pay out. I don't think it's as close as you do. I think NE deads the ball with Blount and Edelman. Won't let ATL passrush get going. ATL plays catch up the whole game.

I'm rooting for the Falcons so that Matty Ice can earn his way into the HOF discussion.

This game is pretty much the worst case scenario for me; probably my two least favorite teams.

I find that interesting. The guy should either be in the conversation or not. Hate that the result of one game changes it one way or another.
If HOF is the elite of the elite I don't see Ryan as a HOFer.

Locks
Brady
Rodgers
Roethilsberger
Brees
Manning
Romo

On the road
Luck
Newton
Ryan
Carr

Candidates
Palmer
Rivers
Flacco
Stafford

How many HOF QBs can there be in one generation?

I find that interesting. The guy should either be in the conversation or not. Hate that the result of one game changes it one way or another.
Agreed. I think Ryan's gone under the radar a bit, but his final career numbers are going to be really strong. His era will be used against him. Superbowl win will validate him.

Locks
Brady
Rodgers
Roethilsberger
Brees
Manning
Romo

On the road
Luck
Newton
Ryan
Carr

Candidates
Palmer
Rivers
Flacco
Stafford

I think the HOF has been watered down big time. It seems everyone is in the conversation. Romo is a lock? No way

Agreed. I think Ryan's gone under the radar a bit, but his final career numbers are going to be really strong. His era will be used against him. Superbowl win will validate him.

Agree 100%, I think he will get in.

Locks
Brady
Rodgers
Roethilsberger
Brees
Manning
Romo

On the road
Luck
Newton
Ryan
Carr

Candidates
Palmer
Rivers
Flacco
Stafford

romo???

on what planet?? hes basically a watered down Kurt Warner light. yes, water down a light. Kurt has 2 MVPs 3 SuperBowl appearances and a Supe MVP. romo has 2 playoff wins. on 2nd thought, its embarrassing to compare him at all to Warner. they basically have the same regular season stats, but good lord...

if Matty Ice gets a regular season MVP and wins the SuperBowl...likely with a MVP there...hed be well on his way to Canton with more success.

romo???

on what planet?? hes basically a watered down Kurt Warner light. yes, water down a light. Kurt has 2 MVPs 3 SuperBowl appearances and a Supe MVP. romo has 2 playoff wins. on 2nd thought, its embarrassing to compare him at all to Warner. they basically have the same regular season stats, but good lord...

if Matty Ice gets a regular season MVP and wins the SuperBowl...likely with a MVP there...hed be well on his way to Canton with more success.
I was being kind to Romo. I would say clearly he is the weakest resume of what I put in the lock. I do think Romo has a chance to get in in the HOF though.

Status
Not open for further replies.