NFL Thread | Page 126 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The script had a problem...Julio caught a pass he wasn't supposed to. Now everyone was thinking that Atlanta would run the ball burn some clock and kick a field goal. Presented a big problem for the NFL bigwigs who were communicating directly with the coaches for both teams. So...time for a little ad lib...boneheaded plays to lose some yards out of field goal range causing Atlanta to punt......no problem NE gets ball back and we are back on script culminating in NE scoring TD and another 2 point conversion. OT NE scores game over and historic comeback complete...and the gullible masses, well the gullible will just believe anything I guess. Channeling Hunter Thompson.

1486351805741_zpsrdck0oxh.png

Just put a good a bit o' money on NE -3.5 with some better pay out. I don't think it's as close as you do. I think NE deads the ball with Blount and Edelman. Won't let ATL passrush get going. ATL plays catch up the whole game.

Called it dead on!!!!

Errrrrr

Well I'll still take the money

The script had a problem...Julio caught a pass he wasn't supposed to. Now everyone was thinking that Atlanta would run the ball burn some clock and kick a field goal. Presented a big problem for the NFL bigwigs who were communicating directly with the coaches for both teams. So...time for a little ad lib...boneheaded plays to lose some yards out of field goal range causing Atlanta to punt...no problem NE gets ball back and we are back on script culminating in NE scoring TD and another 2 point conversion. OT NE scores game over and historic comeback complete...and the gullible masses, well the gullible will just believe anything I guess. Channeling Hunter Thompson.
That's some petty good twisted Dr. Gonzo right there.

A real headline, " Wonderboy offensive savant Kyle Shanahan BLOWS Superbowl victory for Falcons".

My overnight thought.

A team that had never won loses to a team going for it's fifth championship.

THAT'S why it hurt so much...

Who can beat the Patriots next year? Someone in the AFC needs to step up.

My overnight thought.

A team that had never won loses to a team going for it's fifth championship.

THAT'S why it hurt so much...
This would be similar if SU had a 15 point halftime lead in 1987 and then ballooned the lead to 20 points with 10 minutes and left then melted down.

Raiders or Broncos are the only two I could see. Honestly only Denver at Mile High scares me.

I think you know in your darkest fears that it is going to be Doug Marrone's Jacksonville Jaguars.

Going to be difficult to beat the Patriots...they play extremely disciplined football.

Just look at this Super Bowl...they committed one Offensive penalty, one Defensive penalty, and two innocuous Special Teams penalties (the "Leap" and the Onside Kick).

Contrast that with the Falcons in this game, who just fell apart in the latter 36 mins of this game. In the first 24 mins, they were extremely disciplined. They battled for 24 mins and took a 14-0 lead, committing only the one Holding penalty on Special Teams which cost them 25 yards on their opening drive (10 yard line instead of 35 yard line).

But after that 24 mins of disciplined play, they collapsed, and committed 8 penalties in the final 36 mins...that's a full-game rate of 13.3 penalties, and no team is going to win the Super Bowl committing 13.3 penalties, especially when 4 of them are Defensive Holding fouls on 3rd Down that keep drives alive and help contribute to a 40m/20m time of possession difference.

And not just on Defense, they committed two Offensive Holding penalties when they were just inside FG range with the game in the balance (one was an obvious tackle by the Left Tackle).

So the thing with beating the Patriots is not only are they good but they are exceptionally disciplined when they have to be, but also cause the opponents to lose their focus and commit penalties when they need them.

I hope the Bills get a lot smarter, more compliant this off-season.

I hate Tom Brady... for the sole reason that if he had become a doctor, he'd probably have cured cancer by now.

What an exciting way for what looked like a terrible game to end up.

12-4 Dolphins win the East next year.

A real headline, " Wonderboy offensive savant Kyle Shanahan BLOWS Superbowl victory for Falcons".
I think the Patriots D needs more credit than are getting. They shut down the best offense in the NFL.
The Falcons offense scored 21 points and was 1 for 8 on 3rd down.
The Pats D held Atlanta to 140 yards in the second half.
Now Ryan was a moron for taking that sack late in the 4th Q but the Pats D made plays.
Pats D was called frauds but they proved they were a pretty good D.

12-4 Dolphins win the East next year.
I like Adam Gaze but I don't see the Fins winning the East if Brady plays.
Pats are getting Gronk back.
Will be trading Jimmy G for a bundle.
The Pats have 61 million in cap space with only two key Unrestricted FAs in Donta Hightower and Marty Bennett and only one Restricted FA in Malcolm Butler.
They have cap space to add any FA they are interested in.

As a Bills fan, there is a a lot I don't like about the Patriots, but Tom Brady is not one of them.

Greatest QB of all time.

I cannot go that far. The league is so different now and teams are so watered down. He is the greatest QB of the modern, free agency era for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.