NFL Thread | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blessed age of 5.

Mortality won't stop me from rooting against the Patriots and believing in the Phins.
Well your team is the right direction. I think the Pats have 2-3 more elite years unless they keep Jimmy G after Brady then look out.

Go Chiefs.

even against the Patriots, can't do it. Looking forward to the Mexico MNF game vs. the Patriots. The barbed wire fences at the stadium were charming.

even against the Patriots, can't do it. Looking forward to the Mexico MNF game vs. the Patriots. The barbed wire fences at the stadium were charming.

I could root for the North Korean National team vs. NE.

C9y0YkdWAAA_arh

Gronk also crashed the WH press briefing.

Chiefs at Patriots expected Thursday Night opener.
Cowboys or Packers at Falcons expected SNF opener.
Dallas doesn't want to open the new Falcons stadium that is why it might be Green Bay.

On the Cowboys board I go to they are saying Cowboys or Saints to open the new falcons stadium.

Giants @ Redskins on Thanksgiving Night

which means they will likely be either at Oakland or SF on the sunday before, as Goodell does them no favors.

Giants @ Redskins on Thanksgiving Night

which means they will likely be either at Oakland or SF on the sunday before, as Goodell does them no favors.
Your funny by rule all teams that play on the road on Thursday night have to have a home game the week before. For travel reason.

Your funny by rule all teams that play on the road on Thursday night have to have a home game the week before. For travel reason.
hopefully, that's the bye...

Giants at Dallas week 1...shocker.

@Arizona on Christmas Eve. phew...I was worried we were getting a Christmas Eve game after dodging the last 2. cant do it anymore because of kids...

will likely have to DVR it though as it will be at 4...right during Mass.

hopefully, that's the bye...

Giants at Dallas week 1...shocker.

@Arizona on Christmas Eve. phew...I was worried we were getting a Christmas Eve game after dodging the last 2. cant do it anymore because of kids...

will likely have to DVR it though as it will be at 4...right during Mass.
For some stupid reason you can't play your Thursday night game off a bye.

You will be playing a home game the Sunday before the Thanksgiving game if you guys and Washington are the Thanksgiving game.
You won't have to wear color rush unis for that game either as Turkey night is exempt that is why I bet Washington is playing that game as Snyder wanted to opt out of color rush uniforms and I bet this is the NFL throwing him a bone.

For some stupid reason you can't play your Thursday night game off a bye.

You will be playing a home game the Sunday before the Thanksgiving game if you guys and Washington are the Thanksgiving game.
You won't have to wear color rush unis for that game either as Turkey night is exempt that is why I bet Washington is playing that game as Snyder wanted to opt out of color rush uniforms and I bet this is the NFL throwing him a bone.
didn't know that, but my guess is because its an unfair advantage when you consider some teams play it on week 2 & 3 with no byes out there.

its why we need a 2nd bye week...

Last edited:
didn't know that, but my guess is because its an unfair advantage when you consider some teams play it on week 2 & 3 with no byes out there.

its why we need a 2nd bye week...

lions @ Giants the Thursday after thanksgiving...back to back thursdays including a week home nighter...sucks.
A second bye week is completely what they should do for Thursday night games. Every team plays on the Thursday night package.
If teams were given another bye it would give TV another week the NFL can make more money and claim its about player safety which they fraudulently claim to do.

A second bye week is completely what they should do for Thursday night games. Every team plays on the Thursday night package.
If teams were given another bye it would give TV another week the NFL can make more money and claim its about player safety which they fraudulently claim to do.
exactly.

and push us 1 week closer to the SuperBowl on Presidents Day Weekend.

move the regular season to the 2nd week of September and boom, its done. which they really should do, that 1st week after labor day is crazy with kids going back to school etc, just let the colleges have a 2nd weekend of National games Thurs-Monday.

Wasn't there a year or two a while while back when they had an 18 week season, with each team getting 2 bye weeks?

Wasn't there a year or two a while while back when they had an 18 week season, with each team getting 2 bye weeks?

In 93. Don't believe it's been done sense.

yep. close to 30 years ago.

they also cut the 2nd week of the SuperBowl down to 1 then.

for example: XXV Giants-bills had 2regular season byes and no bye after Championship games.

Chargers at Broncos has leaked as the late MNF game on week 1's doubleheader.

Apparently Giants-Cowboys week 1 and it's on SNF.
Falcons stadium debut will get the national window week 1.

Lions@Giants week 2 MNF.

For what it's worth, Jets and Browns have reportedly been discussing a trade for Cleveland to move up from 12 to 6.

Kaiser here is your Giants schedule leaked
C93uU4OVwAALqXl

Week 1 at Dallas is SNF
Week 6 at Denver is SNF

Status
Not open for further replies.