NFL Thread | Page 143 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a waste, 1/3 of that "study" is how fans stick up for their teams online (social equity)? Dumb category. I don't go on any site really but this one, to stick up for my team. Also traveling to see your team, (road equity) kinda lame too. Would partly explain Eagles being so high though. I'll go with my Broncos being the longest consecutive game sellouts, at 47 years. And there's 75,000 people on the season ticket wait list.

What a waste, 1/3 of that "study" is how fans stick up for their teams online (social equity)? Dumb category. I don't go on any site really but this one, to stick up for my team. Also traveling to see your team, (road equity) kinda lame too. Would partly explain Eagles being so high though. I'll go with my Broncos being the longest consecutive game sellouts, at 47 years. And there's 75,000 people on the season ticket wait list.

They might be horrible human beings, but they do support their team, I will give them that.

To be honest I would rank the top fanbases like this.

1. Cowboys- largest in NFL(lots of bandwagoners though)
2. Steelers- only fanbase I have seen come close to have any real amount of fans at Gillette.
3. Broncos- I give them credit they own their area.
4. Raiders- Raider Nation is beyond loyal and crazy.
5. Packers- Cheeseheads travel.
6. Giants- traditional fanbase just owns NY/NJ.
7.Patriots- lots of bandwagoners nationally but in New England because they have been good forever now they own the area and have a 50k seating ticket waiting list.
8. Redskins- their owner has killed a real traditional power.
9. Chiefs- Arrowhead loudest stadium I ever went too. Good fans.
10. 49ers- They were the Patriots a generation ago.

They might be horrible human beings, but they do support their team, I will give them that.
The Eagles travel extremely well. When a team can make an impact in Mile High, that's a big deal. I was told by one of them at the game, they pick a game every year and a ton of them go to that one game, so it looks like a green take over. Them and Steelers have impacted Mile High the most, over the recent past. And Steelers a few years ago was the most opposition fans I've ever seen in there. Everyone found out a ton of Bronco fans sold their tickets to them, so they started this social media thing about Broncos fans not selling to opposing fans unless it was a last resort. It worked, there hasn't nearly been the amount of opposition fans after that.

2. Steelers- only fanbase I have seen come close to have any real amount of fans at Gillette.
7.Patriots- lots of bandwagoners nationally but in New England because they have been good forever now they own the area and have a 50k seating ticket waiting list.

There was a lot of bandwagoners in the 70's and 90's, not sure its true of Cowboys fans now, what bandwagon is there to get on, we haven't won a sb in 22 years.

There was a lot of bandwagoners in the 70's and 90's, not sure its true of Cowboys fans now, what bandwagon is there to get on, we haven't won a sb in 22 years.
Oh you should see what we see here in Denver. There's still a ton of 'boys bandwagoners. It's like a bee's nest when they're winning, when they're not, there are few to be found. Like total opposite of Raider fans, Bears fans, etc.

Oh you should see what we see here in Denver. There's still a ton of 'boys bandwagoners. It's like a bee's nest when they're winning, when they're not, there are few to be found. Like total opposite of Raider fans, Bears fans, etc.

I guess there are some, but I don't get the Bandwagon thing, if you aren't winning sbs.

The Eagles travel extremely well. When a team can make an impact in Mile High, that's a big deal. I was told by one of them at the game, they pick a game every year and a ton of them go to that one game, so it looks like a green take over. Them and Steelers have impacted Mile High the most, over the recent past. And Steelers a few years ago was the most opposition fans I've ever seen in there. Everyone found out a ton of Bronco fans sold their tickets to them, so they started this social media thing about Broncos fans not selling to opposing fans unless it was a last resort. It worked, there hasn't nearly been the amount of opposition fans after that.
Eagles may be the 10th but I think the 49ers fanbase is slightly better.

Eagles fans are passionate though. They will turn on their team though. I was in Philly for a Pats game in 2011 and their fans were quick to turn on their own team.

id say that's about right.

FYI: the Giants fan base is rock solid right up the Hudson into the Adirondacks too, including southwest CT. once you start heading west..you find pokes, steelers, raiders and eventually bills fans. theres also some old school dolphin folk left over from the early 70s, but theyre dying off.

Roll phins.

Never dying off KaiserUEO
I like Adam Gaze but next year barring major injuries the Patriots are beyond loaded.

The Fins are moving in the right direction. Pats have depth at every position including QB. David Harris was the last piece.

I like Adam Gaze but next year barring major injuries the Patriots are beyond loaded.

The Fins are moving in the right direction. Pats have depth at every position including QB. David Harris was the last piece.
Don't care, in J Train we trust.

Im buying a broom to frame for this years series

Don't care, in J Train we trust.

Im buying a broom to frame for this years series
Honest question what was the last year the Fins swept the Pats?

It has to be 2000. You could use the old in the year 2000 Conan O'Brian sketch.

I'm still somewhat stunned that they are replacing a stadium only built in 1992 but whatever. Have to admit this is pretty neat.

I'm still somewhat stunned that they are replacing a stadium only built in 1992 but whatever. Have to admit this is pretty neat.

Not sure where Atlanta is getting all this money, the Braves just got a new stadium, and Turner field was built in 95.

So if the Jacksonville Jaguars move to London do they get moved to the AFC East and the Dolphins moved to the AFC South?

Or do they keep divisions the way they are.

So if the Jacksonville Jaguars move to London do they get moved to the AFC East and the Dolphins moved to the AFC South?

Or do they keep divisions the way they are.

Is there more chatter about this?

Hope this doesn't happen.

Is there more chatter about this?

Hope this doesn't happen.
Just that the Jaguars are building a facility in London. So if they are building it is opening chatter something is up. I think by the next TV contract 2022 their will be a team in London and my bet is the Jags.

I just hope they don't move them to the AFC East.

Just that the Jaguars are building a facility in London. So if they are building it is opening chatter something is up. I think by the next TV contract 2022 their will be a team in London and my bet is the Jags.

Dislike.

Wouldn't like that travel every year in that division.

When they play the West's... have fun with the jet-lag, London Jags.

Eagles fans in general are angst ridden, s--t breathed morons who negatively impact their team with their angsty, angry loser crap.

* Apologies to any Eagles fans on here, your SU fandom overrides all of that.

I think Bills fans deserve some credit. They consistently provide a strong game day atmosphere, despite going on two decades of bad teams. The loyalty should be commended. They certainly own WNY, not just Buffalo. Growing up in CNY and going to college in WNY, i know a ton of Bills fans, and the majority of them are super passionate and loyal, which I respect.

Last edited:

Thursday games, Monday games, 4 meaningless preseason games, send them across the ocean...the NFL doesn't even pretend to care about its players.

Doug Marrone with his personal injury lawyer face.
DDb320BXkAArSNf

Status
Not open for further replies.