NFL Thread | Page 144 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday games, Monday games, 4 meaningless preseason games, send them across the ocean...the NFL doesn't even pretend to care about its players.
Well, they don't practice anymore and they make gazillions.

Not shedding a tear,

Never understood the anti games on tv angst.

If a game is buried at 1 on a Sunday, nobody can see it other than the home markets.

If it's on tv on a Thursday, the home markets and now the entire country can watch if they choose.

How is that not good???!!!

And don't give me the no rest shlit, I'm for games only off a bye starting in week 4 with byes handed out early to bad teams from the year before.

Not shedding a tear,

If a game is buried at 1 on a Sunday, nobody can see it other than the home markets.

If it's on tv on a Thursday, the home markets and now the entire country can watch if they choose.

And don't give me the no rest shlit, I'm for games only off a bye starting in week 4 with byes handed out early to bad teams from the year before.

Playing an NFL game on Sunday, and then doing it all over again on Thursday is pretty crazy. Thursday games should only be after bye weeks.

There are so many ways to watch any game you want...Sunday ticket, sports bar, streams, etc. I greatly prefer watching games on Sunday afternoon than staying up until midnight on a work night. That's just my personal opinion though.

Playing an NFL game on Sunday, and then doing it all over again on Thursday is pretty crazy. Thursday games should only be after bye weeks.

There are so many ways to watch any game you want...Sunday ticket, sports bar, streams, etc. I greatly prefer watching games on Sunday afternoon than staying up until midnight on a work night. That's just my personal opinion though.
Cancel the thanksgiving games too then.

One can only really watch 1 game at a time, and I've been going to sports bars for games for at least 25 years...I know how chaotic it is to follow anything really.

Thursday night is fine, just do it off the bye to make the snowflakes feel better.

I really have use for Sunday Night.

It's just too much, unless the 3rd game is a playoff.

1 more team, only 1 team with a bye.

But I'm ok with the 930 London game...again, because I likely wouldn't watch it otherwise.

Thursday night football is the highlight of my damn week.

And the Thanksgiving game is classic c mon.

Not shedding a tear,

I love the idea of fans telling players how much rest they need.

Thursday night football is the highlight of my damn week.

And the Thanksgiving game is classic c mon.

The Thanksgiving day games are great, and I like an occasional thursday night game, every week is too much, its weakening the product.

To be honest I would rank the top fanbases like this.

1. Cowboys- largest in NFL(lots of bandwagoners though)
2. Steelers- only fanbase I have seen come close to have any real amount of fans at Gillette.
3. Broncos- I give them credit they own their area.
4. Raiders- Raider Nation is beyond loyal and crazy.
5. Packers- Cheeseheads travel.
6. Giants- traditional fanbase just owns NY/NJ.
7.Patriots- lots of bandwagoners nationally but in New England because they have been good forever now they own the area and have a 50k seating ticket waiting list.
8. Redskins- their owner has killed a real traditional power.
9. Chiefs- Arrowhead loudest stadium I ever went too. Good fans.
10. 49ers- They were the Patriots a generation ago.

The Redskins games are jokes. So much of the place is packed with the opposing fans. Esp when the NFC East or the Steelers come through. Heck even the Dolphins packed it last year.

That stadium is the perfect suck of location, owner, and not terrible access for fans coming down 95. Honestly the Ravens have a better fanbase. Most of the good Skins fans have taken up other activities on Sundays.

The Redskins games are jokes. So much of the place is packed with the opposing fans. Esp when the NFC East or the Steelers come through. Heck even the Dolphins packed it last year.

That stadium is the perfect suck of location, owner, and not terrible access for fans coming down 95. Honestly the Ravens have a better fanbase. Most of the good Skins fans have taken up other activities on Sundays.
Snyder has ruined the franchise. They have the largest stadium( or 2nd maybe Cowboys stadium) and that fanbase has turned on him.

The Redskins fanbase still belongs top 10. The Ravens have a nice home field but the fanbase isn't that big.

Snyder has ruined the franchise. They have the largest stadium( or 2nd maybe Cowboys stadium) and that fanbase has turned on him.

The Redskins fanbase still belongs top 10. The Ravens have a nice home field but the fanbase isn't that big.

They had to take out about 20K seats. Was in there for U2 the other day, place is a joke.

Their fanbase, pardon me, is a bunch of people from the hinterlands who buy their one or two games off stubhub and get absolutely hammered and fight. They have the total absence of home field advantage. Their inside the beltway fanbase is mostly gone, like NBA fans. Their owner is the most evil person in DC and it's not close (let's see who catches that one).

Name an opposing team minus a few and they take the place over.

oddly, if you go by Wikipedia...Giants Stadium is #1 with 82,500.

fedex is #2 at 82,000

#3 Lambeau at 81,435

then its jerruh world at 80,000. they probably added some luxury seating in place of some earlier seats.

oddly, if you go by Wikipedia...Giants Stadium is #1 with 82,500.

fedex is #2 at 82,000

#3 Lambeau at 81,435

then its jerruh world at 80,000. they probably added some luxury seating in place of some earlier seats.
to follow up on my own post here...

im stunned at # of small Pro Football stadiums out there.

most are in the 60ks.

for perspective, college has 16 that are bigger than the NFLs # 1, Giants Stadium.

to follow up on my own post here...

im stunned at # of small Pro Football stadiums out there.

most are in the 60ks.

for perspective, college has 16 that are bigger than the NFLs # 1, Giants Stadium.
The college stadiums are larger because the big ones don't have seat backs and thus they stuff more people in.

The college stadiums are larger because the big ones don't have seat backs and thus they stuff more people in.
oh I get it, nobody wants to be in the last rows at a lot of those 100k college stadiums, but I would've thought most NFL ones would've come in around 80k.

the 75k-85k range.

oh I get it, nobody wants to be in the last rows at a lot of those 100k college stadiums, but I would've thought most NFL ones would've come in around 80k.

the 75k-85k range.

Baseball stadiums have downsized too. After 70K it gets pretty big compared to TV.

Baseball stadiums have downsized too. After 70K it gets pretty big compared to TV.
totally understand baseball stadiums getting smaller, theres a million reasons.

reason 1 is 81 games v 8.
reason 2 is...and you know I love baseball, its boring unless you really get the nuances and strategy.

totally understand baseball stadiums getting smaller, theres a million reasons.

reason 1 is 81 games v 8.
reason 2 is...and you know I love baseball, its boring unless you really get the nuances and strategy.

The new ballparks are really glorified concourse bars. Completely different than the old Yankee / Shea we knew.

The new ballparks are really glorified concourse bars. Completely different than the old Yankee / Shea we knew.
absolutely.

and everyone needs to point out every game that all the patrons at Yankee Stadium are in the open buffet for 5 innings a game.

btw: you should've told me no video boards for U2.

what are they doing? trying to make it feel like 1987 as well??

absolutely.

and everyone needs to point out every game that all the patrons at Yankee Stadium are in the open buffet for 5 innings a game.

btw: you should've told me no video boards for U2.

what are they doing? trying to make it feel like 1987 as well??

Nats games are the same way. Almost punched a guy in front of me recently who requested a beer tasting before he ordered. And people wonder about generational anger.

I thought you'd have good seats like me (well standing) and it would not have mattered.

I had the flip experience, I missed all the video stuff watching the band so close.

Nats games are the same way. Almost punched a guy in front of me recently who requested a beer tasting before he ordered. And people wonder about generational anger.

I thought you'd have good seats like me (well standing) and it would not have mattered.

I had the flip experience, I missed all the video stuff watching the band so close.
totally blew it on the floor seats, had decent in the 100s on the side a little towards the other endzone, surprised at how lazy I must be when it comes to watching the screens.

went Wednesday, sold my last night ticket...it was a great show, but I figured id 'seen enough' already.

Status
Not open for further replies.