NFL Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL hasn't done an investigation that is my freaking point. They are demanding the players basically incriminate themselves or the NFL has nothing. Why do think Peyton was clearly so easily. The players shouldn't be bullied into anything. Either have probable cause or ST FU.

I brought up Ray Rice because Goodell claimed he never saw the tape before handing out the discipline. The prosecutor saw the tape and was pathetic to give diversion. Roger Goodell claimed he never saw the tape before TMZ released even though the AP had a reporter ask the NFL PR about it and they had a copy. If you believe Roger never saw that tape you believed Baghdad Bob when he said the USA army wasn't in Iraq in 2003.

Asking Brady to give up his cell phone is a complete abuse of power, no one should give up their private conversations to anyone, unless under the court of law.

It sounds lie Rex is on the hot seat, either make the playoffs or he is out.

And that's just fine with me. I wasn't a fan of the hire in the first place. I prefer people who just go about their jobs and keep their mouths shut, particularly when they have jack squat to be running their mouth about after how last year went.

If he does well this year, great. I'll be just as excited as anyone. But if not, I won't mind at all if they move on from him.

If the players have an obligation to meet with Commissioner that opens up disruptions for players dealing with accusations from people on twitter, in newspapers etc.

The League is acting like the players have no recourse. Goodell is power hungry and this is ridiculous. Goodell can suspend for not cooperating what a joke. He is saying you don't have the right to remain silent that is such crap and shows how dumb the players union is.

We are going to have a long lockout in 2020. Tom Brady went under oath in Federal Court and testified he didn't do anything and the NFL didn't care. If the NFL wants to suspend you for whatever they want they will.

The NFL hasn't done an investigation that is my freaking point. They are demanding the players basically incriminate themselves or the NFL has nothing. Why do think Peyton was clearly so easily. The players shouldn't be bullied into anything. Either have probable cause or ST FU.

I brought up Ray Rice because Goodell claimed he never saw the tape before handing out the discipline. The prosecutor saw the tape and was pathetic to give diversion. Roger Goodell claimed he never saw the tape before TMZ released even though the AP had a reporter ask the NFL PR about it and they had a copy. If you believe Roger never saw that tape you believed Baghdad Bob when he said the USA army wasn't in Iraq in 2003.
let me start with Ray Rice...I don't care.

I really don't care whether he saw it or not. he gave a suspension that was within what had legally been given. if he came out and threw the book at him, and didn't say why??...oh my.

which he clearly wouldn't because there is no way on Gods Green Earth that he would admit to have seen the tape and trumped a legal decision because of it. as far as that is concerned, he did the right thing by staying the party line. if you don't believe the NFL, the FBI and local law enforcement all work together, then I have I bridge to sell you in lower Manhattan.

then they should all talk and tell the NFL to go F themselves and wait to see if anything incriminating comes of it. I don't think they will have extra games tacked on for at 1st lying.

Last edited:
Asking Brady to give up his cell phone is a complete abuse of power, no one should give up their private conversations to anyone, unless under the court of law.
Brady gave 4 interviews the NFL leaked the phone the day before upholding the suspension to sway public opinion. They never wanted the phone they just wanted to use it hammer him.

The phone wasn't Patriots or League property they had no right to it and knew they didn't. They just wanted to swing public opinion for the Kaiser's of the world to love the ruling. Anyone with a brain who actually followed the Brady case now knows the NFL can do whatever they want without recourse now.

Being cooperative has never been part of the process. Expecting that is such a violation of due process. The NFL is power hungry.

Brett Favre should have been suspended indefinitely for not cooperating with ding dong pictures he sent the Jets girl based on the NFL's current position.

Knell before Zodell the NFL's new motto.

LOL. I'm pretty sure if a Manning was up for suspension Kaiser would have an entirely different take.

to change things up a bit...im beginning to think Victor Cruz gets cut.

Buffalo is about to start the season with nobody on defense.

Ragland - Done for the year
Shaq - Out 6-8 games
Dareus - Suspended 4 games
Manny - Suspended 1 game

Just absurd. Tyrod and the offense better come to ball out.

Buffalo is about to start the season with nobody on defense.

Ragland - Done for the year
Shaq - Out 6-8 games
Dareus - Suspended 4 games
Manny - Suspended 1 game

Just absurd. Tyrod and the offense better come to ball out.

And IK Enemkpali on top of that. Shaq had a history of shoulder problems so probably could have seen that coming and Dareus is just self-inflicted crap but just really frustrating to say the least after only one preseason game.

Damn Buffalo really has a hard schedule the first 4 games
Week 1 at Baltimore
Week 2 TNF against NY Jets
Week 3 Arizona
Week 4 at New England
2-2 would be really good in this stretch.

Week 1 at Baltimore
Week 3 Arizona
Week 4 at New England

The Jets first 6 are brutal

Bengals
At Bills
At Kansas City
Seattle
At Pitt
At Arizona

The Jets first 6 are brutal

Bengals
At Bills
At Kansas City
Seattle
At Pitt
At Arizona
New England even without Brady should be fine as long as Jimmy G isn't a complete bum.
Miami starts at Seattle and at New England as well.
If NE even went 1-3 they shouldn't be out of it.
The AFC as a whole is wide open.
I see Denver, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Houston, fighting for the playoffs and then one AFC East team.

New England even without Brady should be fine as long as Jimmy G isn't a complete bum.
Miami starts at Seattle and at New England as well.
If NE even went 1-3 they shouldn't be out of it.
The AFC as a whole is wide open.
I see Denver, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Houston, fighting for the playoffs and then one AFC East team.

I think Jimmy G will be fine, he has ability and plenty of weapons around him, even if Ne goes 2-2 they will be ok. I don't believe in Miami at all, and I think Buffalo could be good, but have a lot of issues. I think the Jets might be the 2nd best team, but that brutal 6 game start could bury them.

How about the NFL actually do their investigation and after they have then present what they have in form of charges against the players.

The players aren't bound to sit down without the NFL having probable cause. The players didn't fail drug tests. They want the players to incriminate themselves that is bleeping joke.

How about Roger Goodell give his phone and email records the the NFLPA and prove he never saw the Ray Rice video like he claimed.

It is a joke. Either do the investigation or drop it. The players shouldn't be forced to say anything unless the NFL has something. Innocent until proven guilty. Not prove your innocence.
Collectively bargain for it. The NFL isn't going to do anything they don't have to.

Week 1 at Baltimore
Week 3 Arizona
Week 4 at New England
It really all depends on the offense and Tyrod Taylor. The talent is there on offense with a good offensive line and Watkins, Woods, Clay and McCoy.

K Williams in suspended but J Williams, Gillislee and Bush are all back there.

On defense Rex should be able to work with:
Kyle Williams
Corbin Bryant
Adolphus Washington
Leger Douzable

Jerry Hughes
Preston Brown
Zach Brown
Kroy Biermann (1 game without Manny Lawson)
Brandon Spikes

Stephon Gilmore
Ronald Darby
Kevin Seymour
Nickell Robey

Aaron Williams
Corey Graham
Duke Williams

Sucks not having Ragland all year, Shaq for half the year and Dareus a quarter of the year but Rex has had elite defenses with less than I just outlined.

It really all depends on the offense and Tyrod Taylor. The talent is there on offense with a good offensive line and Watkins, Woods, Clay and McCoy.

K Williams in suspended but J Williams, Gillislee and Bush are all back there.

On defense Rex should be able to work with:
Kyle Williams
Corbin Bryant
Adolphus Washington
Leger Douzable

Jerry Hughes
Preston Brown
Zach Brown
Kroy Biermann (1 game without Manny Lawson)
Brandon Spikes

Stephon Gilmore
Ronald Darby
Kevin Seymour
Nickell Robey

Aaron Williams
Corey Graham
Duke Williams

Sucks not having Ragland all year, Shaq for half the year and Dareus a quarter of the year but Rex has had elite defenses with less than I just outlined.
I mean my team has problems but the team you outlined doesn't even look like a playoff team. That D is very thin. Decent secondary but the front 7 isn't the strength it should be.
NE could be had with Jimmy G but if Buffalo can't pass rush him I think NE beats them at home.
I like the NE D more than the Buffalo D and if teams aren't ahead of NE while Brady is out the division is over.

I mean my team has problems but the team you outlined doesn't even look like a playoff team. That D is very thin. Decent secondary but the front 7 isn't the strength it should be.
NE could be had with Jimmy G but if Buffalo can't pass rush him I think NE beats them at home.
I like the NE D more than the Buffalo D and if teams aren't ahead of NE while Brady is out the division is over.
Well we haven't made the playoffs in 17 years so that's not surprising.

I think if Taylor steps up, they can get by at 2-2/3-1 until Dareus gets back (only bc I think they can steal the NE game with Garrapalo. Baltimore and NYJ are toss ups and Arizona will be tough.

The front 7 is hurting but the secondary is much more than decent. If Seymour continues what he's shown in the summer (he's already the nickel corner in practice), that unit could be special. The Ed Reed influence has also been evident so far.

If they can hold on, by Week 8, the front 7 could be K. Williams - Dareus - Washington - Hughes - Brown - Brown - Shaq Lawson with a lot of depth even without Ragland.

Well we haven't made the playoffs in 17 years so that's not surprising.

I think if Taylor steps up, they can get by at 2-2/3-1 until Dareus gets back (only bc I think they can steal the NE game with Garrapalo. Baltimore and NYJ are toss ups and Arizona will be tough.

The front 7 is hurting but the secondary is much more than decent. If Seymour continues what he's shown in the summer (he's already the nickel corner in practice), that unit could be special. The Ed Reed influence has also been evident so far.

If they can hold on, by Week 8, the front 7 could be K. Williams - Dareus - Washington - Hughes - Brown - Brown - Shaq Lawson with a lot of depth even without Ragland.
Sorry but even without Brady @New England is tougher than @Baltimore. NE has a top 5 D this year. They aren't Denver but the unit is deep at every position on D.
I just think Buffalo has 1-3/2-2 best case after 4 games. Those are 4 tough games.

I get the optimism now as it is only August but I really think Buffalo could be in trouble this year. I think the Jets are the 2nd best AFC East team. I mean I could be wrong I am a lot but Buffalo looks a like a 7-9/8-8 team.

AFC East has a tough schedule this year NFC West/AFC North as crossovers. If Manuel is a top 10 QB then I guess they could be better but I think he is just decent not a top 10 guy.

I think the Pats D can hold Buffalo under 20 at home.

Sorry but even without Brady @New England is tougher than @Baltimore. NE has a top 5 D this year. They aren't Denver but the unit is deep at every position on D.
I just think Buffalo has 1-3/2-2 best case after 4 games. Those are 4 tough games.

I get the optimism now as it is only August but I really think Buffalo could be in trouble this year. I think the Jets are the 2nd best AFC East team. I mean I could be wrong I am a lot but Buffalo looks a like a 7-9/8-8 team.

AFC East has a tough schedule this year NFC West/AFC North as crossovers. If Manuel is a top 10 QB then I guess they could be better but I think he is just decent not a top 10 guy.

In your prior encounters, how big is Brady's D?

Oh, it's def pure optimism on my part but I also look at the circumstances of those 4 games without Dareus and am pretty high on Tyrod Taylor.

@Baltimore and Taylor is going back against his old team. You know that game will be big for him.

Home Opener is a night game against NYJ in Buffalo. I just don't see Buffalo losing that game and Manny Lawson will be back.

Arizona will be a tough win, no ifs ands or buts.

NE won't have Brady so I give us a chance.

The defensive injuries and suspensions are troubling but I still think they have enough to be solid and my pure optimistic hope is that Taylor becomes "the guy" and if he does, he's got a lot of talent around him on offense. Watkins, Clay, McCoy, a healthy Woods and what should be a Top 10/15 Offensive Line with a stable of talented RBs. WR depth does concern me after Woods.

If you don't think Taylor steps up then we def look like a 6-10 to 9-7 team but I'm bullish on him and if they can maintain 2-2 until Dareus comes back, Shaq Lawson will be back soon after and they could really have a strong finish to the season.

That's my positive spin while deep down I'm just shaking my head over the decimation of our LBs and idiocy of Dareus.

Last edited:

look, go pen in 10 wins, maybe 11, the AFC East Title and stop any worries you may have.

brady -4, will only make him and the team better.

you will be sending your Emperor a case of champagne this Christmas.

the jets might come out of the shoot 1-5 with their only W being v the worse bills.

Miami, could be going places, but not yet.

im so sick of the afc least handing the patsys a crown every year.

Oh, it's def pure optimism on my part but I also look at the circumstances of those 4 games without Dareus and am pretty high on Tyrod Taylor.

@Baltimore and Taylor is going back against his old team. You know that game will be big for him.

Home Opener is a night game against NYJ in Buffalo. I just don't see Buffalo losing that game and Manny Lawson will be back.

Arizona will be a tough win, no ifs ands or buts.

NE won't have Brady so I give us a chance.

The defensive injuries and suspensions are troubling but I still think they have enough to be solid and my pure optimistic hope is that Taylor becomes "the guy" and if he does, he's got a lot of talent around him on offense. Watkins, Clay, McCoy, a healthy Woods and what should be a Top 10/15 Offensive Line with a stable of talented RBs. WR depth does concern me after Woods.

If you don't think Taylor steps up then we def look like a 6-10 to 9-7 team but I'm bullish on him and if they can maintain 2-2 until Dareus comes back, Shaq Lawson will be back soon after and they could really have a strong finish to the season.

That's my positive spin while deep down I'm just shaking my head over the decimation of our LBs and idiocy of Dareus.

I'm much more optimistic after reading this. I needed a pick me up after everything that's happened so far. I really like how we set up Taylor's contract. If he's not the guy, we have a way to get out of it and if he builds off last year and he is the guy, we're good to go also.

Status
Not open for further replies.