NFL Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS I don't need anymore NYG games on at night.
These uniforms look cool on the new tv tho.

My Birds coughed up a certain win against Detroit with a key fumble inside 2 min with a two point lead.

Vikings continue to roll, on their way to the SB.

I hate to say it, but I'm really concerned about Eli. He's flat out missing way too many throws.

Flowers is getting killed at LT too, which isn't helping anything.

I hate to say it, but I'm really concerned about Eli. He's flat out missing way too many throws.

Agreed, that miss to Tye doesn't happen 2 years ago.

Your O-line stinks, it doesn't matter how many good receivers, or how good your qb is, if you can't protect, you can't win.

Your O-line stinks, it doesn't matter how many good receivers, or how good your qb is, if you can't protect, you can't win.

The OL is a big part of it, but even when he's got time and open receivers he's just making too many inaccurate throws. With a normal Eli performance, we win that game last night. He stunk.

Giants look like the worst team in the NFC East. Eli looks like he's caught a case of the dreaded Manning noodle arm!;)

The NFC is a lot more wide open now. Arizona and Carolina are both 1-3. Unlike the AFC were 4 of the playoff teams are pretty obvious NE, Pitt, Denver, Houston the NFC is wide open.

Minnesota, Green Bay, Seattle look like a playoff teams. The East, South are wide open.

I think the Giants made a mistake firing Coughlin for McAdoo. I see very little scheme from the Giants they depend on their talent. Eli seems like he throws the ball under 2 seconds now matter if he is facing a pass rush.

Kasier you will miss Trump throwing up on himself this week for the Pack-Giants game.

You think Houston is definitely a playoff team? I'm not nearly as certain. Next week against the Colts is a big game. I expect one of them gets in with around 8 wins.

You think Houston is definitely a playoff team? I'm not nearly as certain. Next week against the Colts is a big game. I expect one of them gets in with around 8 wins.

Neither of those teams are any good, I wouldn't be shocked if 7-9 won the division. The Colts will probably win it just because of Luck.

Best part of the Giants game was seeing Beckham kiss the kicker's net.

Apparently Erik Flowers shoved a reporter after the game, that was more contact than he had with any Packers last night.

Indy is awful. They literally have the least talented roster in the NFL. They have Andrew Luck, Ty Hilton and I don't think another player at the top 10 of their position beyond McAfee their P and Vinatieri their K.

Their GM has done a pathetic job. I don't get how they could have Andrew Luck still on rookie cap and have wasted all their cap space on terrible players. Now Luck is getting paid next year and their GM is saying they can't fix the D because of it. Instead of wasting a draft pick on Philip Dorsett or trading a first round pick for Trent Richardson he should be gone.

I can't see the Colts winning 8 games this year. Houston is your classic good bad team. They beat bad teams Chicago, KC, Tennesse and loses to good teams Patriots, Vikings.

Houston will win 8-9 games and lose in the wild card game. Even without Watt they have enough talent. Clowney is playing well on the DL and Osweiler can beat mediocre teams.

Giants season on the line this Sunday.

Win, and we good.

Lose, and that hole may be too deep.

4-3 at the bye with 2 weeks to prepare for the iggs, that's the goal here.

Giants season on the line this Sunday.

Win, and we good.

Lose, and that hole may be too deep.

4-3 at the bye with 2 weeks to prepare for the iggs, that's the goal here.
Eli has turned himself into a non-athletic Alex Smith and is a Captain Checkdown. There is absolutely no vertical threat for the Giants offense and Eli is obsessed with getting rid of the ball within 2 seconds and not getting hit.

That doesn't allow plays to develop. Even if they win this week the Giants don't look as good as the Cowboys. The Dallas OL is dominating and all they need is the play Prescott is giving them which is no turnovers and they are dominating time of possession and keeping their mediocre defense off the field.

I don't see the Eagles better than 8-8 but that is about the high mark I see for the Giants. That Redskins loss showed this team's flaws.

I guess there is no playoff berth open in the NFC as the North is getting 2 teams but the rest of the divisions could get that 2nd wildcard.

Eli has turned himself into a non-athletic Alex Smith and is a Captain Checkdown. There is absolutely no vertical threat for the Giants offense and Eli is obsessed with getting rid of the ball within 2 seconds and not getting hit.

That doesn't allow plays to develop. Even if they win this week the Giants don't look as good as the Cowboys. The Dallas OL is dominating and all they need is the play Prescott is giving them which is no turnovers and they are dominating time of possession and keeping their mediocre defense off the field.

I don't see the Eagles better than 8-8 but that is about the high mark I see for the Giants. That Redskins loss showed this team's flaws.

I guess there is no playoff berth open in the NFC as the North is getting 2 teams but the rest of the divisions could get that 2nd wildcard.
I agree with that. Eli has got to play better, but I really miss the old gunslinging Eli with the INTs, they went deep OFTEN.

Eli just CANNOT miss that pass to Tye.

flowers has been a disappointment, all the negatives are still there after 20 starts.

still, should've beat the redskins and we would be sitting at 3-2 instead of this must win on sunday.

although, it would've been a must win anyway.

Eli appears to be afflicted by the one malady that often spells doom for NFL QBs. More and more he's looking at the oncoming traffic rather than focusing downfield.

Indy is awful. They literally have the least talented roster in the NFL. They have Andrew Luck, Ty Hilton and I don't think another player at the top 10 of their position beyond McAfee their P and Vinatieri their K.

Their GM has done a pathetic job. I don't get how they could have Andrew Luck still on rookie cap and have wasted all their cap space on terrible players. Now Luck is getting paid next year and their GM is saying they can't fix the D because of it. Instead of wasting a draft pick on Philip Dorsett or trading a first round pick for Trent Richardson he should be gone.

I can't see the Colts winning 8 games this year. Houston is your classic good bad team. They beat bad teams Chicago, KC, Tennesse and loses to good teams Patriots, Vikings.

Houston will win 8-9 games and lose in the wild card game. Even without Watt they have enough talent. Clowney is playing well on the DL and Osweiler can beat mediocre teams.

I think an AFC playoff team will need 10 wins this year.

I should have said AFC wild card teams will need 10 wins

I should have said AFC wild card teams will need 10 wins
Yeah I agree. Between Denver/Oakland/Kansas City/Buffalo/Baltimore/Cincinnati I think 3 of those teams will win 10 games.

I could the AFC West getting 3 teams in this year. Denver looks like a 11-13 win team, and Oakland/KC look like 10 win teams.

Yeah I agree. Between Denver/Oakland/Kansas City/Buffalo/Baltimore/Cincinnati I think 3 of those teams will win 10 games.

I could the AFC West getting 3 teams in this year. Denver looks like a 11-13 win team, and Oakland/KC look like 10 win teams.
The AFC West is brutal. The exact opposite of the joke of a division Indy always gets to emerge from.

I'm not positive about the Chiefs being a 10 win team at this point. They have the potential but really haven't played well at all this year. Needed a second half comeback to beat the Chargers, couldn't do anything on offense in Houston and just threw up all over themselves against Pittsburgh. That was just brutal. They did okay against the Jets but Ryan Fitzpatrick helped a lot. It will be a big game in Oakland this weekend.

Not surprised at all in SD beating Denver. All week people around here were writing off the Chargers. I do what I do every season and try and remind them in the AFC West a division opponent is an anything goes game. Seen way too many, doesn't matter the records one way or another. And as long as they have Rivers, they're a threat. They have some very good young talent as well. Oh well, 11 days to get our shyt together to welcome Brock back in town. Kubiak will have the troops ready.

I'm not positive about the Chiefs being a 10 win team at this point. They have the potential but really haven't played well at all this year. Needed a second half comeback to beat the Chargers, couldn't do anything on offense in Houston and just threw up all over themselves against Pittsburgh. That was just brutal. They did okay against the Jets but Ryan Fitzpatrick helped a lot. It will be a big game in Oakland this weekend.
Yeah I trust KC is a 8-10 win team. They played the Steelers at a bad time coming off an embarrassing loss and I see SD as a good team that just chokes.

I have KC over Oakland this week as that division is probably the best in the league. Buffalo could sneak in if they don't have any What losses.

Yeah I trust KC is a 8-10 win team. They played the Steelers at a bad time coming off an embarrassing loss and I see SD as a good team that just chokes.

I have KC over Oakland this week as that division is probably the best in the league. Buffalo could sneak in if they don't have any What losses.

I think you're right about San Diego. Losing Keenan Allen is big but they sure have choked a lot. When Denver got that onside kick last night, I was really worried about Mike McCoy's mental state. Make sure he doesn't have any sharp objects!

Status
Not open for further replies.