NFL Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your prior encounters, how big is Brady's D?
Your a Bills fan right? So I get the bitterness. It must suck to be a football fan if your team these last 15 years has been SU college FB and the buffalo Bills.
How many times have the bills beaten Tom Brady? Not counting week 17 in 2014 I can remember one other time. Man that sucks. So yeah taunt me about Brady's junk it hurts big time.

look, go pen in 10 wins, maybe 11, the AFC East Title and stop any worries you may have.

brady -4, will only make him and the team better.

you will be sending your Emperor a case of champagne this Christmas.

the jets might come out of the shoot 1-5 with their only W being v the worse bills.

Miami, could be going places, but not yet.

im so sick of the afc least handing the patsys a crown every year.
The AFC East has been better than the AFC West and South.
The teams in the East have had too many high drafts to blame it on talent. The Pats haven't picked above 23rd in the NFL draft since 2007.
Denver has dominated the West
Indy has dominated the South.

The only AFC division that has been changing has been the AFC North.
The other AFC East teams haven't gotten good QBs. They have spent their caps on DLs and neglected the QB.

Teams that have consistently beaten the Pats have had good/elite QBs. That is on the stupid GMs in the AFC East.

The AFC East has been better than the AFC West and South.
The teams in the East have had too many high drafts to blame it on talent. The Pats haven't picked above 23rd in the NFL draft since 2007.
Denver has dominated the West
Indy has dominated the South.

The only AFC division that has been changing has been the AFC North.
The other AFC East teams haven't gotten good QBs. They have spent their caps on DLs and neglected the QB.

Teams that have consistently beaten the Pats have had good/elite QBs. That is on the stupid GMs in the AFC East.
I agree with that last sentence whole heartedly.

Ernie Accorsi and George Young's (how the F is he snubbed from the HOF again???!!!) mantra...

1. get to the QB
2. protect the QB
3. 'have' a QB

its very hard to get them all at the same time, but you got to get 2 out 3 right, quick...and have a plan for the 3rd and the fill.

in this era, there is no time.

unless, you have the QB.

you can buy time with that, but you cant with just a good DE and solid line.

Buffalo is about to start the season with nobody on defense.

Ragland - Done for the year
Shaq - Out 6-8 games
Dareus - Suspended 4 games
Manny - Suspended 1 game

Just absurd. Tyrod and the offense better come to ball out.

Only silver lining out of that is Manny and Dareus at this point at least will be healthy when they come back and I believe Manny's suspension is not for sure at this point. Ragland is a real tough blow but not unexpected when it comes to the bills exact same thing happened with Alonso though we at least got one year out of him before he blew out his knee. Shaq will at least not miss the whole season so I guess that's a bit of a break. D is certainly in trouble. Really need Kyle Williams to play like the Kyle Williams of old this year or at least the first quarter of the season. The schedule being as difficult as it is isn't helping things either.

Oh, it's def pure optimism on my part but I also look at the circumstances of those 4 games without Dareus and am pretty high on Tyrod Taylor.

@Baltimore and Taylor is going back against his old team. You know that game will be big for him.

Home Opener is a night game against NYJ in Buffalo. I just don't see Buffalo losing that game and Manny Lawson will be back.

Arizona will be a tough win, no ifs ands or buts.

NE won't have Brady so I give us a chance.

The defensive injuries and suspensions are troubling but I still think they have enough to be solid and my pure optimistic hope is that Taylor becomes "the guy" and if he does, he's got a lot of talent around him on offense. Watkins, Clay, McCoy, a healthy Woods and what should be a Top 10/15 Offensive Line with a stable of talented RBs. WR depth does concern me after Woods.

If you don't think Taylor steps up then we def look like a 6-10 to 9-7 team but I'm bullish on him and if they can maintain 2-2 until Dareus comes back, Shaq Lawson will be back soon after and they could really have a strong finish to the season.

That's my positive spin while deep down I'm just shaking my head over the decimation of our LBs and idiocy of Dareus.

I would take 2-2 out of the first four. I don't see us being Arizona that's a L. Not sure how I feel about the Baltimore game. Feels like we should be big underdogs with so many guys out but Baltimore's passing game is basically 40 year old steve smith and????? Forsett is a nice back but again not exactly a scary backfield either. If we had most our D I would like our chances a lot in that game. With Ragland, Lawson, Dareus, Maybe Manny, and god knows who else between now and then out were definitely at a huge disadvantage but I think we have a shot. I actually like our chances vs the Jets, Ryan owns Fitzpatrick in his career and assuming relative health ( a big assumption) I think we could pull that one out. No idea what to think about the Pats game. I think a lot depends on how the first three games go for the Pats if Garoppolo is struggling and our Gronk is hurt I think we have a pretty good shot. If Jimmy G is playing out his @ss and were continuing to be decimated by injuries were probably in for a long game.

LETS GO PHINS BABY

ITS OUR YEAR

...To break .500

I know you were going for the laughs, but do you actually expect them to be above .500? I'd be pretty shocked if they don't finish last in the division unless the Bills current injury/suspension woes continue.

It sounds lie Rex is on the hot seat, either make the playoffs or he is out.

I've seen that idea floated around, but I just don't buy it, especially with all the injuries and suspensions taking their toll now.

I know you were going for the laughs, but do you actually expect them to be above .500? I'd be pretty shocked if they don't finish last in the division unless the Bills current injury/suspension woes continue.
9-7

look, go pen in 10 wins, maybe 11, the AFC East Title and stop any worries you may have.

the jets might come out of the shoot 1-5 with their only W being v the worse bills.

They have the best coach and the best qb in the sport, and until one of them retire, they will win that division. I actually think the Jets could be decent this year, if they can get by that 6 game start at 3-3.

The Bills have beaten the Jets 5 straight games

I mean my team has problems but the team you outlined doesn't even look like a playoff team. That D is very thin. Decent secondary but the front 7 isn't the strength it should be.
NE could be had with Jimmy G but if Buffalo can't pass rush him I think NE beats them at home.
I like the NE D more than the Buffalo D and if teams aren't ahead of NE while Brady is out the division is over.

The secondary is much better than decent. Gilmore is a top 5 corner and Darby ain't far behind. A Williams is back and he's a damn good player. C. Graham isn't flashy but is smart and solid.

Even tho Mr. Big Puff is out 4 games we still got a solid front 7 with K. Williams, J. Hughes, P. Brown is a good linebacker, Z. Brown is one of the best cover LB in the league, Manny is underrated (sets the edge like a man and can cover.), a talented rookie in A. Washington, C. Bryant sure isn't Dareus but he's a solid player.

This D is going to be much better this year.

Brady played his worst game of the season against us last year but we couldn't move the ball so we didn't pull out the victory.

The secondary is much better than decent. Gilmore is a top 5 corner and Darby ain't far behind. A Williams is back and he's a damn good player. C. Graham isn't flashy but is smart and solid.

Even tho Mr. Big Puff is out 4 games we still got a solid front 7 with K. Williams, J. Hughes, P. Brown is a good linebacker, Z. Brown is one of the best cover LB in the league, Manny is underrated (sets the edge like a man and can cover.), a talented rookie in A. Washington, C. Bryant sure isn't Dareus but he's a solid player.

This D is going to be much better this year.

Brady played his worst game of the season against us last year but we couldn't move the ball so we didn't pull out the victory.
Gilmore isn't a top 5 CB in my opinion but he is really good.
The Bills have a lot of injuries on D right now.

That game you reference last year the Patriots were without the starting LT Nate Soldier, RT Sebastian Volmer, C Bryan Stork. If the Pats play a 2nd string OL of course teams can kill Brady. Also Julian Edelman was out injured

Miami and the NY jets have beaten NE way more recently.

Buffalo needs a new HC and they likely will after the year unless Buffalo makes the playoffs most likely.

That game you reference last year the Patriots were without the starting LT Nate Soldier, RT Sebastian Volmer, C Bryan Stork. If the Pats play a 2nd string OL of course teams can kill Brady. Also Julian Edelman was out injured

Buffalo needs a new HC and they likely will after the year unless Buffalo makes the playoffs most likely.

sure the jets and dolphins have beaten the pats more than the bills, but we've also beaten the jets 5 straight games and 5 out of the last 6 against the dolphins. i'm confident we are better than those teams.

pats are def in the bills heads and that's a whole other story.

I would take 2-2 out of the first four. I don't see us being Arizona that's a L. Not sure how I feel about the Baltimore game. Feels like we should be big underdogs with so many guys out but Baltimore's passing game is basically 40 year old steve smith and????? Forsett is a nice back but again not exactly a scary backfield either. If we had most our D I would like our chances a lot in that game. With Ragland, Lawson, Dareus, Maybe Manny, and god knows who else between now and then out were definitely at a huge disadvantage but I think we have a shot. I actually like our chances vs the Jets, Ryan owns Fitzpatrick in his career and assuming relative health ( a big assumption) I think we could pull that one out. No idea what to think about the Pats game. I think a lot depends on how the first three games go for the Pats if Garoppolo is struggling and our Gronk is hurt I think we have a pretty good shot. If Jimmy G is playing out his @ss and were continuing to be decimated by injuries were probably in for a long game.
Totally agree and the more that comes out about Manny Lawson, the more it seems nothing will come of it so we should have him.

Dareus not playing doesn't change the fact that Baltimore isn't very good. I know we're ones to talk, never making the playoffs, but I think most people look at our offense and see a lot of potential. We should just put Goodwin in bubble wrap until the opener because he's actually a very good #3 if he could ever stay healthy for any period of time and is playing very well in camp.

Call it blind optimism but I think our offense is going to be legit this year. Second year in Romans system and second year for Taylor plus our RB stable is insane and Watkins/Woods/Goodwin/Clay is very legit. Only worry is those guys need to stay healthy because we don't have much behind them aside from unknown guys. The offensive line should be a strength and the fact Kujo is stepping up as well just gives them more help.

On defense, everything I read about the secondary and Ed Reed's influence has me really pumped.

This guy Seymour apparently just needed glasses? Bizarre story but now that we've fixed his vision, Rex can't talk him up enough and he's already taken the nickel spot behind Gilmore and Darby.

The safeties all look great. Aaron Williams hasn't even played but Duke Williams and Robert Blanton gush over Reed and have been lights out. Corey Graham is solid back there and versatile, can also slide down to CB4 if they need a bigger guy than Robey.

Front 7... Injuries and suspension ugh. Frustrating because the pieces are there for a freak show of a defense but if Manny isn't suspended and the reports about Jerel Worthy stepping up are accurate, they should hold down the fort until Dareus and then Shaq come back.

One thing that will be a welcome sight is having two linebackers like Manny and Z Brown who can cover as good as any LBs in the league. Hopefully that can compensate for the lack of playmaking ability Shaq and Ragland would bring.

Lets, for arguments sake, just look at Buffalo minus Dareus and Shaq Lawson, even though they will both play at least half the year.

You think Miami and NYJ are better than Buffalo, no debate?

I don't care that they've beaten NE. We're mental cases when it comes to y'all but..

I'll take Tyrod Taylor over Fitz or Tannehill.

Offensive Lines for both Buffalo and NYJ are good. Miami, we'll see.

Would you rather have Watkins/Woods (healthy)/Clay/McCoy/Williams/Bush etc or the weapons for NYJ or Miami? NYJ have comparable weapons but their QB is Fitz.

On defense, I'm starting to think the freak out mode is a bit much. Rex says the defense is way further along right now than it ever was last year despite injuries and the Dareus news and I believe him. I love the additions of Ed Reed and Rob Ryan and I'll put our secondary against any in the league.

Manny Lawson/Zach Brown/Preston Brown/Jerry Hughes with Biermann and Spikes as depth isn't a bad Linebacker unit. It's just missing Ragland and Shaq so it seems ultra decimated.

Kyle Williams/Corbin Bryant/Adolphus Washington rotating in Jerel Worthy and Leger Douzable isn't ideal and isn't flashy but, I believe is more than capable to hold down the fort.

As I said above, I'm bullish on our offense. I think Taylor is the real deal and if healthy, think he has some serious weaponry around him.

Dolphins will go 6-10

Typical pats fan. As others have stated above, bills have been better head to head against NYJ/Miami recently.

Lets, for arguments sake, just look at Buffalo minus Dareus and Shaq Lawson, even though they will both play at least half the year.

You think Miami and NYJ are better than Buffalo, no debate?

I don't care that they've beaten NE. We're mental cases when it comes to y'all but..

I'll take Tyrod Taylor over Fitz or Tannehill.

Offensive Lines for both Buffalo and NYJ are good. Miami, we'll see.

Would you rather have Watkins/Woods (healthy)/Clay/McCoy/Williams/Bush etc or the weapons for NYJ or Miami? NYJ have comparable weapons but their QB is Fitz.

On defense, I'm starting to think the freak out mode is a bit much. Rex says the defense is way further along right now than it ever was last year despite injuries and the Dareus news and I believe him. I love the additions of Ed Reed and Rob Ryan and I'll put our secondary against any in the league.

Manny Lawson/Zach Brown/Preston Brown/Jerry Hughes with Biermann and Spikes as depth isn't a bad Linebacker unit. It's just missing Ragland and Shaq so it seems ultra decimated.

Kyle Williams/Corbin Bryant/Adolphus Washington rotating in Jerel Worthy and Leger Douzable isn't ideal and isn't flashy but, I believe is more than capable to hold down the fort.

As I said above, I'm bullish on our offense. I think Taylor is the real deal and if healthy, think he has some serious weaponry around him.
Miami is not good. They are 7-9 type team.
I do think the Jets are clearly better than Buffalo
I think the Jets right now are a 10-6 team. I don't think the Bills are that good right now
Now I get the optimism I truly do. Until the season starts nobody knows anything.
Rex Ryan said the Bills won the offseason so we will see.

I still can't believe the Bills gave Tyrod that ridiculous contract. It's like management is satisfied with being mediocre.

Dolphins will go 6-10

Typical pats fan. As others have stated above, bills have been better head to head against NYJ/Miami recently.
Lol yeah cause Doug Marrone led Buffalo dominating Rex Ryan led Jets teams matters now.
Typical Bills fan be bitter when another has doubts on a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2000. I mean its funny my opinion means nothing but it isn't exactly without thought.

I still can't believe the Bills gave Tyrod that ridiculous contract. It's like management is satisfied with being mediocre.
They can get out of the contract pretty easily if he bombs. It doesn't kick in with a lot of money till year 3. They had to pay him as his 3rd year voided and no starting QB plays for 3 million per year.

BTW rumor I have heard is that Sean Payton liked Garoppolo from the joint practices and this could be Brees last year with NO and he could be a guy for New Orleans next year for a 2nd round conditional pick.

Miami is not good. They are 7-9 type team.
I do think the Jets are clearly better than Buffalo
I think the Jets right now are a 10-6 team. I don't think the Bills are that good right now
Now I get the optimism I truly do. Until the season starts nobody knows anything.
Rex Ryan said the Bills won the offseason so we will see.
The Jets had one of the easiest schedules in football last year. I do think they have a very solid team, I just don't think it's better than Buffalo and that reason is because of a certain QB named Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Everything us Bills fans told Jets fans last year came true and now he's another year older and still can't throw the ball further than 30 yards down field while inevitably throwing multiple interceptions per game and at the worst possible times.

He's easy to root for and good enough to give you hope. They have nothing else so I get why they resigned him but against decent teams or better, he's just not accurate or clutch enough.

They can get out of the contract pretty easily if he bombs. It doesn't kick in with a lot of money till year 3. They had to pay him as his 3rd year voided and no starting QB plays for 3 million per year.

BTW rumor I have heard is that Sean Payton liked Garoppolo from the joint practices and this could be Brees last year with NO and he could be a guy for New Orleans next year for a 2nd round conditional pick.

We'll see what happens. Brees says once the season starts he won't agree to an extension. They have until then to get it figured out. If not he will be an FA next year.

The Jets had one of the easiest schedules in football last year. I do think they have a very solid team, I just don't think it's better than Buffalo and that reason is because of a certain QB named Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Everything us Bills fans told Jets fans last year came true and now he's another year older and still can't throw the ball further than 30 yards down field while inevitably throwing multiple interceptions per game and at the worst possible times.

He's easy to root for and good enough to give you hope. They have nothing else so I get why they resigned him but against decent teams or better, he's just not accurate or clutch enough.

Speaking of bad contracts, is Ryan finally off the Bills salary cap???? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.