NFL Thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you say Nostradamus. Have you even looked at the standings?
Both teams are 5-4 and the Vikings have a tough schedule. The Eagles again are a good home team but they aren't winning that division and the competition for wild cards will be hard.
Just because you disagree there is no need for the attitude. If I am wrong oh well. One thing I am not wrong about is Sam Bradford blows.

Their three remaining divisional games are all at home. They are largely in control of their own destiny given where the standings are at right now.

The odds of them winning all 3 are slim but if they pull it off I will give you credit for calling it.

If we could put our offense with your defense we would be unstoppable.

I still think Dak will hit the wall at some point but he continues to defy expectations.

Agreed. The Falcons have one of the top offensive teams in the NFL and they were thoroughly stifled today. Eagles blew two very winnable games with fourth quarter fumbles in DET and DAL and squandered numerous opportunities against the GMen. At the Linc they've pretty much dominated their four opponents. Honestly I'm shocked. I thought they were good for 6-10 at best.

I still think Dak will hit the wall at some point but he continues to defy expectations.
When we scored with 1:50 I knew we scored too early. When Pitt scored with 42 seconds, I knew they scored too early. Didn't think we'd put it in, thought Bailey would hit a 50 harder. Great game and great win.

Both teams are 5-4 and the Vikings have a tough schedule. The Eagles again are a good home team but they aren't winning that division and the competition for wild cards will be hard.
Just because you disagree there is no need for the attitude. If I am wrong oh well. One thing I am not wrong about is Sam Bradford blows.

Just don't like your arrogance where every opinion is delivered with 100% certitude. Have you ever used a qualifier in your life?

You said the Eagles were dead. Look at the standings dude. They're right in the thick of the playoff hunt. I never said they were going to win the division.

The Eagles homefield has meant about zilch since the Linc opened. I really think their home/road splits this year is just a fluke.

When we scored with 1:50 I knew we scored too early. When Pitt scored with 42 seconds, I knew they scored too early. Didn't think we'd put it in, thought Bailey would hit a 50 harder. Great game and great win.

The refs were like ACC level bad. If they had no called a second face mask on us to end the game I might have blown a gasket. Once they actually called the one on Witten I thought we had it too. To see Elliot do his thing and end it was unbelievable. The kid is making all the people who said #4 was too high for a RB look foolish.

The odds of them winning all 3 are slim but if they pull it off I will give you credit for calling it.

Not necessarily calling it but only a fool would write them off given where the standings are right now.

Of the three divisional games the toughest (Cowboys) is the last one and the Boys' may not even need that game.

They're right in the thick of the playoff hunt. I never said they were going to win the division.

They certainly got a shot. Looks like both wild cards may come out of the East this year.

Just don't like your arrogance where every opinion is delivered with 100% certitude. Have you ever used a qualifier in your life?

You said the Eagles were dead. Look at the standings dude. They're right in the thick of the playoff hunt. I never said they were going to win the division.
Read my signature. I have no arrogance I have STRONG opinions. I don't care if I am wrong. Just because you don't like that I don't care. I say what I think. Get some right and get some wrong.
Disagree if you like just don't expect me to care of I am wrong as they are opinions.

The refs were like ACC level bad. If they had no called a second face mask on us to end the game I might have blown a gasket. Once they actually called the one on Witten I thought we had it too. To see Elliot do his thing and end it was unbelievable. The kid is making all the people who said #4 was too high for a RB look foolish.
I coukd not believe they missed tge first one with the side judge right there. Dak and Elliot are great picks. Jaylon Smith from ND who is out this year with a knee might be an All Pro too if he recovers. Great Draft.

The Eagles homefield has meant about zilch since the Linc opened. I really think their home/road splits this year is just a fluke.

Previous seasons are irrelevant. Different players and different coaches. This year they're 4-0 and have outscored their opponents 105-38.

Previous seasons are irrelevant. Different players and different coaches. This year they're 4-0 and have outscored their opponents 105-38.

They're not irrelevant. The stadium didn't transform into a great advantage overnight. Sure, it is possible there is something specific about Wentz & Pederson that make them adverse to playing away games. Can't prove otherwise since they're both rookies. However the 60+ years of data on the league make it more likely it's just a short term quirk in results.

Other teams that don't have a good HFA have had great home seasons out of nowhere...
1st Eli team that made the playoffs went 8-0 and was shut out by Carolina.
Carolina went 8-0 before Delhomme had his 18 int game vs Arizona..

They're not irrelevant. The stadium didn't transform into a great advantage overnight. Sure, it is possible there is something specific about Wentz & Pederson that make them adverse to playing away games. Can't prove otherwise since they're both rookies. However the 60+ years of data on the league make it more likely it's just a short term quirk in results.

Other teams that don't have a good HFA have had great home seasons out of nowhere...
1st Eli team that made the playoffs went 8-0 and was shut out by Carolina.
Carolina went 8-0 before Delhomme had his 18 int game vs Arizona..

So tell me which teams have stadiums that transform into a great advantage for them?

My concern remains the defense. It would be nice to have a better pass rush. On the other hand is sweet to be 8 and 1.

I've been a season ticket holder since the Linc opened. You're right from an historical standpoint but this year's team plays much better at home than on the road. I don't why, they just do.

Russell Wilson needs a rocking chair. He got all day in the pocket to find receivers.

That was roughing the passer on Brady?? Gimme a break, and people wonder why it's thought he gets preferential treatment.

That was roughing the passer on Brady?? Gimme a break, and people wonder why it's thought he gets preferential treatment.
That is the Carson Palmer rule. You can't engage a QB at their legs in the pocket . You can't hit non-Cam Newton QBs high or at their legs.

It sucks but that is the rule.

Russell Wilson needs a rocking chair. He got all day in the pocket to find receivers.
Patriots biggest weakness by far is their pass rush. Russell Wilson is exposing them bigtime. Matt Patricia is copying Brian ward here at SU and is refusing to blitz.

Patriots biggest weakness by far is their pass rush. Russell Wilson is exposing them bigtime. Matt Patricia is copying Brian ward here at SU and is refusing to blitz.

Should've kept Chandler.

That would set up very nicely for a team wearing silver and black whose QB has been hit the least so far this year.

That would set up very nicely for a team wearing silver and black whose QB has been hit the least so far this year.
Raiders-Pats would definitely be a shootout. I wouldn't like that matchup at all but all 3 AFC West teams would be tough matchups.
Denver elite D
KC all around deep team
Raiders elite young O

Wow, Broncos with one of the craziest plays this year. Not sure if he stepped out, but looked like it. They never showed a good angle of it. What'd you think Cusefan0307?

Typical Saints. We invent ways to lose. Michael Thomas singlehandedly cost us the game before that play though fumbling twice and causing an interception on his drop, yet Payton kept putting him out there.

Bree's was terrific as usual. Drove 90 yards in 90 seconds to tie it. The hookup he and cooks had to tie it was one of the best throws and catches of the year in the NFL. Congrats on the gift you got today.

Status
Not open for further replies.