NFL Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFC east quarterbacks outside of Brady have been average to bad pretty much since Marino retired. As an outsider who roots for NOLA, that division is over every year before it starts.

Pats
Jets
Bills
Phins

Rex is done after finishing 8-8.

The NFC South is where it's at for QB play. Matty ice is the third best QB in division. Lots of shootouts this year. Hopefully the defense can improve, but we've already lost a couple key guys to injuries.
I'm looking forward to playing the Giants week 2. We regularly put up 40 on them every game. It will be fun to watch Kaiser post about the Giant golden years of Coughlin and Parcells while Drew carves them up yet again.

I'm optimistic about this year for the Saints. I think they will contend with Carolina for the division. I'm thinking 11-5 or 12-4 isn't out of the possibility. The schedule is favorable. They can win every game out of the gate if they beat the Giants week two, which I expect they will. Hope you all get Brandin Cooks and Coby Fleener in fantasy this year. They are going to dominate. Don't forget My man Drew is the number 1 fantasy QB over the last ten years. You won't find anyone as consistent as him putting up big numbers.
NFC South has the best division for QBs. I like Jameis Winston. Matt Ryan is your classic decent QB who can't be elite without a good D behind him.

Saints have been hammered with injuries Rankins and the Zack Shierf. If they stay healthy they should good offensively as usual. I expect NO to put another 50 burger on the Giants.

Saints just need their OL and D to be decent and they have weapons.

NFC South has the best division for QBs. I like Jameis Winston. Matt Ryan is your classic decent QB who can't be elite without a good D behind him.

Saints have been hammered with injuries Rankins and the Zack Shierf. If they stay healthy they should good offensively as usual. I expect NO to put another 50 burger on the Giants.

Saints just need their OL and D to be decent and they have weapons.
As was said above, it remains to be seen what the Giants D brings this year. That being said, I would be stunned if NO hangs 50 on the Gmen again this year.

As was said above, it remains to be seen what the Giants D brings this year. That being said, I would be stunned if NO hangs 50 on the Gmen again this year.
I think the Giants free agent spending tells everyone their D sucked. I don't expect their D to be great. They play the Patriots better than anyone but I expect the Giants to be the Giants. They will beat good teams, have several What losses and miss out on the playoffs.

Scapegoating last year on Coughlin was a joke.

An entire thread for everything about the NFL? That seems a bit restrictive. How about separate threads for each team anyone is a fan of and another for general league issues?

An entire thread for everything about the NFL? That seems a bit restrictive. How about separate threads for each team anyone is a fan of and another for general league issues?

I am all for it, I could take forever about football.

Wow, season hasn't even started and sleeping on Denver's D already? lol, I know most often teams can't live up to previous great seasons. But I don't think this unit ever felt respected even after they won the SB and that's a good thing. Chris Harris got into a fight w Sanders in champ camp last week. That's what I like to see. I don't think these guys even felt like the won the whole thing, outside the summer of Von.

I think Todd Davis is going to fill in very well for Travathan. We'll see how Malik Jackson's replacement is going. We just lost Vance Walker for the year, Crick is having a good camp though. I will say, I think we have the deepest secondary. Roby could start on any team in the league and is our 3rd cb and Kayvon Webster has had as good a camp as any player and making the leap.

I love everybody jumping on the Raiders wagon though, this is gonna be fun like always.

They went into Denver and won last season. Still too conditioned by years of losing to boldly predict division title, but I can agree with the wild card talk for my Raiders.

The AFC east quarterbacks outside of Brady have been average to bad pretty much since Marino retired. As an outsider who roots for NOLA, that division is over every year before it starts.

Pats
Jets
Bills
Phins

Rex is done after finishing 8-8.

The NFC South is where it's at for QB play. Matty ice is the third best QB in division. Lots of shootouts this year. Hopefully the defense can improve, but we've already lost a couple key guys to injuries.
I'm looking forward to playing the Giants week 2. We regularly put up 40 on them every game. It will be fun to watch Kaiser post about the Giant golden years of Coughlin and Parcells while Drew carves them up yet again.

I'm optimistic about this year for the Saints. I think they will contend with Carolina for the division. I'm thinking 11-5 or 12-4 isn't out of the possibility. The schedule is favorable. They can win every game out of the gate if they beat the Giants week two, which I expect they will. Hope you all get Brandin Cooks and Coby Fleener in fantasy this year. They are going to dominate. Don't forget My man Drew is the number 1 fantasy QB over the last ten years. You won't find anyone as consistent as him putting up big numbers.

4th best IMO :)

Regarding the Saints, I think I have them at 8-8 this year, finishing 2nd in the division. I could see a way they get to 10 or so, but I think 12 is a stretch. The 8 losses I have for them are:

vs Raiders
@Giants
vs Panthers
@Chiefs
@Panthers
@Bucs
@Cardinals
@Falcons

I think the two bolded are pretty much locks to be losses unless something catastrophic happens to those two teams. They might beat one of the Falcons or Bucs on the road, but I doubt they beat both of them. At the Chiefs should be a really tough game. So that's four losses right there, and then you'd need to beat the Raiders and Panthers at home as well as the Giants and a division rival on the road. I just don't trust the Saints defense at all. If Ingram can stay healthy, that will be huge though; he's turned into an absolute (injury-prone) beast.

Last edited:
One game Rog? integrity of the game right.

Giants should cut this MFer now.

Giants must cut Josh Brown after domestic violence incident

I'm so confused by this. Didn't they make the DV policy stricter after the Ray Rice incident when they got so much backlash for the 2 game suspension? I don't understand why Brown is only facing a one game suspension; I thought it was bumped up to like a 4 game minimum for DV and the reports are that this is like Brown's 20th incident.

4th best IMO :)

Regarding the Saints, I think I have them at 8-8 this year, finishing 2nd in the division. I could see a way they get to 10 or so, but I think 12 is a stretch. The 8 losses I have for them are:

vs Raiders
@Giants
vs Panthers
@Chiefs
@Panthers
@Bucs
@Cardinals
@Falcons

I think the two bolded are pretty much locks to be losses unless something catastrophic happens to those two teams. They might beat one of the Falcons or Bucs on the road, but I doubt they beat both of them. At the Chiefs should be a really tough game. So that's four losses right there, and then you'd need to beat the Raiders and Panthers at home as well as the Giants and a division rival on the road. I just don't trust the Saints defense at all. If Ingram can stay healthy, that will be huge though; he's turned into an absolute (injury-prone) beast.

I have them losing to the Cardinals and Panthers to for sure. They could lose to the Giants, but that game is a toss up. I can't remember the last time the Giants forced a punt against us in the past 10 years.

People are high on Oakland, but we will see. I don't think they beat us in the dome.

They COULD win 11 or 12. The games I could see them winning besides those 2 are at Atlanta and home against Carolina. I do think Carolina falls back to earth a bit. The rest of the losses I had built in.

Broncos are better than the Raiders. Raiders have elite talent in Mack and Cooper but I think Denver has the better D.

Raiders are moving in the right direction but again like most teams without a high paid QB they can spend that money on the middle of their roster. They got 2 years before Carr will have to get paid and I don't seem them being a SB contender in the next 2 years. Then they will have to pay Mack and that middle of the roster they have built up will be less quality.

I know people are high on Derek Carr, but I need to see more to believe it. He really fell off a cliff in December last year. He didn't average over 6 YPA in any of the last 5 games and threw 7 INT's. Two of those games were losses to KC, who I think will ultimately end up winning the AFC West this year.

I know people are high on Derek Carr, but I need to see more to believe it. He really fell off a cliff in December last year. He didn't average over 6 YPA in any of the last 5 games and threw 7 INT's. Two of those games were losses to KC, who I think will ultimately end up winning the AFC West this year.

I like him, but I think he's just an average starting QB right now. I think people are higher on him from a fantasy perspective than they are in terms of his actual play; a low accuracy % along with low YPA is not a good indicator. He definitely has talent though, and the first half of last year, he was fantastic.

The back and forth between me and myself in the Bucs thread will be fun.

I'm just not very big on these all-inclusive threads. I hate it when I post something and it gets attached to some 100 page thread. If the subject is identical, that's one thing. But having all NFL comments in one thread is a bit much.

I'm just not very big on these all-inclusive threads. I hate it when I post something and it gets attached to some 100 page thread. If the subject is identical, that's one thing. But having all NFL comments in one thread is a bit much.

I guess we could have a divisional thread.

Most people here are Giants/Jets/Bills fans. It might make sense to start a thread on those teams. I guess Pat's would be next?

Most people here are Giants/Jets/Bills fans. It might make sense to start a thread on those teams. I guess Pat's would be next?

Yeah I was thinking maybe divisional threads or conference threads.

Or another idea that I've seen on other message boards: weekly threads, so you'd discuss all the week 1 games in a thread, week 2 games in another, etc.

Are there any other Cowboys fans in here besides me?

I think this thread we have is fine. We had the same thread last year. General NFL talk in one thread. I don't want articles and recaps in these threads.

Just a general NFL thread.

Are there any other Cowboys fans in here besides me?
Guilty
cowboys-cheerleader15.jpg

They went into Denver and won last season. Still too conditioned by years of losing to boldly predict division title, but I can agree with the wild card talk for my Raiders.
Yeah, that happens often, it's a division rival. The only thing that matters is winning the division or making the playoffs. They haven't had a winning season since going to the SB in '02. So they'll have to show something concrete before I'll believe it. Trust me I've heard every angle, I unfortunately have 2 very good friends who are life long Raider fans and fly to games and sit in the black hole. And there are tons here in Denver. But as always, I look forward to the games with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.