NFL Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still bitter about sb 27 and 28? ;)

As a matter of fact, yes! Actually getting blown out in the Super Bowl doesn't feel so bad when you haven't seen the playoffs since 1999. Yes, there will be kids starting college in a year or so who haven't seen the Bills in the playoffs. Just amazing.

Yeah, that happens often, it's a division rival.

The Bills and Dolphins haven't gotten that memo. Only the Jets manage to beat New England once in awhile.

The Bills and Dolphins haven't gotten that memo. Only the Jets manage to beat New England once in awhile.
Great, there's one...AFC West, not a chance and never has been like their division. AFC East, it's an anomaly

Before my time but the Raiders did have a stretch of 9 AFC West titles in 10 seasons from the 1967-1976 seasons. These Broncos are the first team to win 5 consecutive AFC west titles since the 72-76 Raiders.

The Dolphins beat the Patriots in Miami quite often only the Bills can't beat the Pats.
The Pats win 11-12 games each year same for the Broncos sans the Tebow division year.

The Raiders have a decent squad but the question is can they win before their guys on rookie deals will have to get paid. I trust Denver to win. 10-11 games with there defense and an improved QB this year. Osweiler and Vernon Davis drops killed the Broncos against the Raiders last year.

I don't see the Raiders winning the division but they are definitely relevant and a playoff contender unless the Denver QB is somehow worse than last year which seems impossible.

Wow Bills gave up on Karlos Williams. You pick up enough guys with character issues that some will work up and some won't. Still surprised they stuck with him this long only to give up now. Probably more to the story than I can get here in Kansas.

And Marcel Dareus has checked himself into rehab. Rex Ryan did say the Bills won the offseason I would love to see his definition of winning the offseason.

And Marcel Dareus has checked himself into rehab. Rex Ryan did say the Bills won the offseason I would love to see his definition of winning the offseason.

I'm actually okay with Dareus going to rehab. Should keep him out of trouble for a chunk of the time he's suspended at least and hopefully helps with his issues.

The Redskins won the offseason like ten years in a row, and we see how well that worked out for them.

that was collectively bargained for.

Brady shouldn't be suspended 4 games for his crime...but his crime after the crime, warrants it.

let me ask you, if Troy Vincent sent the letter...should they show for a meeting??

their insubordination should be dealt with quickly and legally.

suspensions work.
So now you have to respond every time a media outlet accuses someone of something? That seems ridiculous to me.

So now you have to respond every time a media outlet accuses someone of something? That seems ridiculous to me.
Agree.

But the NFL has to at least investigate a little.

One would think, at least in this case, that there would be nothing found and it would be dismissed and thus no interview.

Unless...

Are there any other Cowboys fans in here besides me?
I am a Cowboy fan in Redskin country. Cowboys offense really looked good against Miami and the Porsche is still parked in the garage but will
probably make an appearance next game.

Agree.

But the NFL has to at least investigate a little.

One would think, at least in this case, that there would be nothing found and it would be dismissed and thus no interview.

Unless...
The NFL should do an investigation and then if they have anything they can charge the players. Instead of demanding the players submit to interviews. Zodell's threat to suspend players for noncooperation is a textbook McCarthyism.

I am a Cowboy fan in Redskin country. Cowboys offense really looked good against Miami and the Porsche is still parked in the garage but will
probably make an appearance next game.

Prescott has been terrific, I really liked the pick when they made it, I think he could be the future qb.

So I know everyone is down on our boy Nassib on the football board, but that is just hiding how bad the Giant's look on the whole. Eli hasn't been any better this pre-season. Is this the year the Giant's tank and go 4-12? I sure hope so. I'm thinking the Saints go in the Meadowlands week 2 and win 45-17.

So I know everyone is down on our boy Nassib on the football board, but that is just hiding how bad the Giant's look on the whole. Eli hasn't been any better this pre-season. Is this the year the Giant's tank and go 4-12? I sure hope so. I'm thinking the Saints go in the Meadowlands week 2 and win 45-17.
Kaiser has them playing them the Steelers in the SB.

I look at the Giants and I see a team that has been awful at the draft and developing talent. Whenever a team has to spend a lot of money in FA it tells you the roster was horribly managed. They spent bigtime on Jenkins/Vernon/Harrison and still the roster looks flawed.
I think 7-9 for the Giants as the NFC East plays the AFC North and NFC North in crossovers not exactly the easiest schedule.

Dallas looks like it has the best roster in that division.

The NFC East on the whole plays a brutal schedule this year. I think the division winner is once again 9-7.

If the Giants are that bad after being a roughly top 10 offense last year and spending tons of money on the defense this offseason, they have some serious issues to work out. But you're right...they've looked awful so far in the preseason.

Eli has played 1 drive.

drive.

how anyone can say he hasn't been better than Nassib is a joke.

Nassib is in danger of getting his arse cut, hes been so bad.

Giants-steelers bowl. mark it down.

they need to block better, especially in the run game.

starting D hasn't really played yet either, Rexy keeping his starters out there so long on Saturday was bizarre, but hes coaching for his job, probably thinks that was a good W.

the Giants will be fine.

iggs suck, Washington is so-so and all dallas is either in jail and/or suspended.

Question for you since you are the Saints fan, why do the Saints have their training camp in West Virginia? I kind of found that strange.

Eli has played 1 drive.

drive.

how anyone can say he hasn't been better than Nassib is a joke.

Nassib is in danger of getting his arse cut, hes been so bad.

Giants-steelers bowl. mark it down.

they need to block better, especially in the run game.

starting D hasn't really played yet either, Rexy keeping his starters out there so long on Saturday was bizarre, but hes coaching for his job, probably thinks that was a good W.

the Giants will be fine.

iggs suck, Washington is so-so and all dallas is either in jail and/or suspended.

Good luck getting to the Sb with that O-line and Defense.

Question for you since you are the Saints fan, why do the Saints have their training camp in West Virginia? I kind of found that strange.

It all started over a golf game with Sean Payton and Ryan Palmer. Originally the Greenbrier wanted the Redskins, who declined. Palmer talked Payton into using the resort and Jim Justice the owner of the Greenbrier (unfortunately because I don't agree with it) secured 25 million dollars worth of West Virginia tourism money to build the complex.

James Andrews Medical Institute is on site so the original thought was they could secure the Redskins as he is their team doctor. Snyder declined and because Payton is close with PGA Tour Execs and Brees is tight with Andrews, this happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.