NFL Thread | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep playing him.

dak cant beat the Giants and this keeps romo cold.

funny thing about dak detractors, theyre all poke fans.

nervous much??...

Nervous about what? We are 12-2

Nervous about what? We are 12-2
Yes. The regular season is over for you.

All that's left is 2 things.

1. Make the super bowl
2. Win it.

Anything else and your season is an absolute FAILURE.

It's why at 12-2 you have a QB controversy

1. Make the super bowl
2. Win it.

There is only a controversy for non Cowboys fans.

1. Make the super bowl
2. Win it.

This is Dallas we are talking about. Any season that does not end up in a SB win is a failure. So your snarky point is well .. pointless.

This is Dallas we are talking about. Any season that does not end up in a SB win is a failure. So your snarky point is well .. pointless.
pointless, just like the pokes in the playoffs.

most of America doesn't even know that dallas plays playoff games, let alone win them.

and SuperBowl and dallas only makes sense to people when its held there.

pointless, just like the pokes in the playoffs.

most of America doesn't even know that dallas plays playoff games, let alone win them.

and SuperBowl and dallas only makes sense to people when its held there.

And yet America's team still has more titles than New Jersey's team does. Go figure.

If I were a Cowboys fan I would be worried about this season being like the 1999 Jacksonville Jaguars. Those Jaguars went 14-2 and lose both games to the Tennessee Titans.
They lost the AFC title game to Tennessee.

If I were a Cowboys fan I would be worried about this season being like the 1999 Jacksonville Jaguars. Those Jaguars went 14-2 and lose both games to the Tennessee Titans.
They lost the AFC title game to Tennessee.

Tough to beat a team 3 times.

I like our chances. Lot of football to be played between now and a potential rematch however. Either team could stumble.

People care about the pre superbowl era about as much as they do the Helms NC.

Doubtful considering the NFL history of celebrating titles, but more to the point the Dallas team doesn't have anyone is a key spot it seems that's actually won in January, and yet the Poke posters here keep leading with their chins in this back and forth.

They gave him a game plan he could succeed with unlike the conservative one they gave him the prior two games.

They need to get rid of that jet sweep however. Whitehead is a fumble waiting to happen every single time he touches the ball.

It was still a dink and dunk offense. If the Cowboys have to play Atlanta or Green Bay in the playoffs I don't know if they could keep up in a shootout.

I would argue that points don't tell the whole story. Last year he was hit 23 times! And we WON the game in the AFC chip. The D dominated and controlled the game throughout. I would say that was a far better defensive effort regardless of the points today. I would blame Brady today for not looking like he was ready to play, rather than our D.

Yeah, our O line has been our heel all year. It was supposed to be revamped from a terrible line last year, but the new guys didn't pan out. It happens. We'll take 2 O lineman in the draft please. We got 2 FA's this past off season and Stephenson could be the worst FA I can remember.

Could your boys do raider nation a favor and beat KC next week?

Giants at Packers
Bucs/Redskins at Falcons

Chiefs/Raiders at Texans/Titans
Dolphins at Steelers
Wild Card weekend
Byes
New England, Kansas City/Oakland
Dallas, Seattle

Giants at Packers
Bucs/Redskins at Falcons

Chiefs/Raiders at Texans/Titans
Dolphins at Steelers
Wild Card weekend
Byes
New England, Kansas City/Oakland
Dallas, Seattle

Giants at Packers is a hell of a game. Best QB in the NFC vs the Giant's D.

I don't feel that way. That's a pretty unrealistic and unsatisfying way to consume sports in my opinion.
it is.

unless of course you are 12-2 on the way to 14-2...

They gave him a game plan he could succeed with unlike the conservative one they gave him the prior two games.

They need to get rid of that jet sweep however. Whitehead is a fumble waiting to happen every single time he touches the ball.
Every time Whitehead touches the ball it is a negative play.

Every time Whitehead touches the ball it is a negative play.

I would prefer Beasley on PR, McFadden on KR and that jet sweep to either be shelved or run by players in the game for more than just that particular play call. No reason Beasley or Williams could not run it.

Could your boys do raider nation a favor and beat KC next week?
We definitely can and wouldn't surprise me. The Chefs fans might be asking us the same thing the following week against you guys. Lol. I can't wait to go hang with my Raider boys this week to hear them say they want us to win. They're salty with me for picking SD to beat them yesterday.

It was still a dink and dunk offense. If the Cowboys have to play Atlanta or Green Bay in the playoffs I don't know if they could keep up in a shootout.
I agree with this. I also worry that the defense might not be good enough for those 13 - 7 style games. Of course, every team they will be playing will also have significant flaws, so who knows what will happen?

it is.

unless of course you are 12-2 on the way to 14-2...
Eh, they have won their games and have therefore made a strong case for being the best one or two teams in the NFL, but I think the gap to the next tier of teams is not significant. There won't be any great shame if they happen to lose to any of their potential postseason opponents. It's not like the early-mid 90s when they were clearly better than everyone, but the 49ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.