NFL Thread | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell Eli he needs to be an all-pro one time and he can enter the club.
Eli should give that SB 42 MVP to Justin Tuck today.
Eli has 319 TD 212 INT
This will be his 6th playoff appearances in 12 years as a starter.
Brady has 450 TD 152 INT

Elisha Manning isn't even in the top 10 all time.

Led his team to 2 game winning super bowl drives. All that matters.

I love the Eli haters. Cracks me up. Maybe when he wins #3 this year it will change.

#halloffamer

Eli says hello.

and as for your brady-rodgers argument, neither one can win on the road like Elisha can.

and in the playoffs, hes 3-0 versus both.

just sayin...

Eli is probably just as good as Rodgers, as long as ARod drinks two six packs of Colt 45 prior to kickoff.

Eli is probably just as good as Rodgers, as long as ARod drinks two six packs of Colt 45 prior to kickoff.
such a shame that apparently Rodgers was drunk during their 2011 playoff game.

how do you guys let him continue to start??

I love the Eli haters. Cracks me up. Maybe when he wins #3 this year it will change.

#halloffamer
I agree Eli probably belongs in the hall of fame, but having a great defense doesn't hurt either. Look at the last superbowl Peyton won. He was a total non factor, but the Denver defense won it for him. Winning is still a total team effort.

I agree Eli probably belongs in the hall of fame, but having a great defense doesn't hurt either. Look at the last superbowl Peyton won. He was a total non factor, but the Denver defense won it for him. Winning is still a total team effort.

Justin Tuck didn't make this pass...

For a HOF QB he turns the ball over a helluva lot.

#halloffamer
Jim Pluckett won 2 SBs as a starting QB.
Eli is going to make the HOF but he isn't this great alltime QB. He won so congrats but the truth is Justin Tuck was more valuable in SB 42 just like I would concede Vinateri was more valuable in SB 36 but a kicker isn't winning MVP.

Claiborne coming back healthy and not at a reduced level would be huge. Lawrence is an overpaid hack and I would rather see David Irving get those snaps.

That play against the Bucs where Carr missed the interception resulting in a TD was a microcosm of his whole career in Dallas. Dude needs to go.

I like Lawrence, I think if he can keep his head on straight and stay healthy, he can be a good pass rusher. If they cut Carr tomorrow I would be happy, the guy has been an overpaid bum, he had that one huge int against the Steelers to win the game a few years ago, other than that hes been garbage.

#halloffamer

Non-Giants fans seemingly forget that our defense and running game were terrible in 2011. The defense played well in the playoffs, after being bad all season. The running game never came around. Eli was incredible that year. Should've shut any Eli haters up permanently, but it didn't. As soon as we had the worst offense in football around him, they all perked up again talking about his stats while clearly not actually watching the games. Now he's got ONE weapon and is back to producing, and they're downplaying him again.

For a HOF QB he turns the ball over a helluva lot.

So did Favre, and a sizable amount of fans think he's the best QB ever. Maybe if Eli didn't make that "my dog just died" face and just looked like he was having more fun out there? Took more dick pics? I don't know.

Non-Giants fans seemingly forget that our defense and running game were terrible in 2011. The defense played well in the playoffs, after being bad all season. The running game never came around. Eli was incredible that year. Should've shut any Eli haters up permanently, but it didn't. As soon as we had the worst offense in football around him, they all perked up again talking about his stats while clearly not actually watching the games. Now he's got ONE weapon and is back to producing, and they're downplaying him again.
Your D won you SB 46.
They held Atlanta to 2 points
The number 2 offense GB 17 points
they held San Francisco to 20 points
They held the #1 offense NE to 20 points and got a safety.
Eli was good enough but nothing special in 2011.
In SB 42 your DL front 4 was the MVP. They held the greatest offense of all-time in the NFL to 14 points.
Eli won the game but it was like the Pats winning their first SB it was all the D shutting down the Greatest show on turf Rams.

Eli has the rings but he has never put the team on his back like Flacco did in 2012, Brady in 2014.

Your D won you SB 46.
In SB 42 your DL front 4 was the MVP. They held the greatest offense of all-time in the NFL to 14 points.
Eli won the game but it was like the Pats winning their first SB it was all the D shutting down the Greatest show on turf Rams.

Eli has the rings but he has never put the team on his back like Flacco did in 2012, Brady in 2014.

Like I said, they played well in the playoffs. In the regular season, they were not good. If Eli plays mediocre, we go 4-12 and the D never has a chance to play lights out in the playoffs. Eli carried that team all season and finally got some help from the D in the playoffs.

Edit: to take any opinion out of it...Giants had the 27th ranked defense that season and gave up 400 points. Running game was 32nd in the league in yards. Passing game was 5th in yards. Eli carried them.

Last edited:
So did Favre, and a sizable amount of fans think he's the best QB ever. Maybe if Eli didn't make that "my dog just died" face and just looked like he was having more fun out there? Took more dick pics? I don't know.

You're right with Favre and to me that was a clear negative as he was very careless with the ball. I remember watching in person as GB played at Philly in the playoffs. In OT Favre just threw one 50 yards downfield totally up for grabs and Dawkins picked it off and set Philly up with the game winning FG. It was a brutal TO.

Eli is such a difficult QB to evaluate. You can watch him for three quarters and he looks very average. Then he'll put two great drives together to win the game and you're wondering where was that for 55 minutes of the game. He's had some great years and some very mediocre years. I'm sure it is often a function of who is around him. I think the two SBs will get him in but do you think he would be a HOFer if the Gmen lost one or both of those very close games? I know it's a hypothetical but I don't think so.

Your D won you SB 46.

A thank you card is in order for Kyle Williams from the Niners. He was the NYG MVP in that playoff game. He wasn't the Niners regular return man but Ted Ginn Jr. got hurt and Williams replaced him - and did some major damage to his own team.

Like I said, they played well in the playoffs. In the regular season, they were not good. If Eli plays mediocre, we go 4-12 and the D never has a chance to play lights out in the playoffs. Eli carried that team all season and finally got some help from the D in the playoffs.

Edit: to take any opinion out of it...Giants had the 27th ranked defense that season and gave up 400 points. Running game was 32nd in the league in yards. Passing game was 5th in yards. Eli carried them.
Victor Cruz was your offensive MVP in 2011. He
won the Philly game in Philly week 2 or 3. He won the game in NE with that end zone PI, he won
the Jets game with that 99 yard TD, and he won that Dallas week 17 game with taking his short pass to
The house.

Victor Cruz was more valuable than Eli just like Beckham is more valuable this year.
Eli's best year was 2008 the year after SB 42.

Your D won you SB 46.

You are out of your mind.

277 3
330 3
316 2
296 1

That's Yards and TDs for the 11 playoffs, remember, middle 2 on the road.

He also passed for 4933 and 29 in the regular season, with as others have pointed out, zero run game.

Ravens started 2 HOFers on D the flacco team.

Carried the team, did Eli...year that.

won the Philly game in Philly week 2 or 3. He won the game in NE with that end zone PI, he won
the Jets game with that 99 yard TD, and he won that Dallas week 17 game with taking his short pass to
The house.

Victor Cruz was more valuable than Eli just like Beckham is more valuable this year.
See! Whenever Eli has a weapon, the weapon gets all the credit. Moss, Welker, and Gronk were the Pats MVP's at various times too then? Because they all put up numbers, made big plays, had game winning TDs, etc.

Cruz was great and he put up bigger numbers and made many explosive plays but Nicks was their best overall WR who drew the most defensive attention that season IMO, and Eli was the team MVP.

277 3
330 3
316 2
296 1

He also passed for 4933 and 29 in the regular season, with as others have pointed out, zero run game.

Ed Reed and Ray Lewis were way past their
Primes the year Baltimore won. Flacco was out of his mind that postseason.

The D won the Atlanta game. They shutdown Aaron
Rodgers and Tom Brady. The only real elite game Eli was at GB. He didn't put up elite numbers against SF/NE.

Your boy is going to the HOF but he isn't in the pantheon of alltime greats.
Give me Rothlisberger over Manning from that draft
Class.

277 3
330 3
316 2
296 1

The movement from other team's fans to discredit Eli....It's unreal. I watched every play of the season in 2011 and I ain't backing down. We know what happened.

See! Whenever Eli has a weapon, the weapon gets all the credit. Moss, Welker, and Gronk were the Pats MVP's at various times too then? Because they all put up numbers, made big plays, had game winning TDs, etc.

Cruz was great and he put up bigger numbers and made many explosive plays but Nicks was their best overall WR who drew the most defensive attention that season IMO, and Eli was the team MVP.
Moss is why Brady put up video game numbers in 2007.
50 TD 8 INT in 2007
That season isn't brought up in Brady's career.
Brady had Moss that one year.
Then got hurt in 2008 and by 2009 Moss was on his way out.
Welker/Edelman are slot guys.
Gronk has been his guy who is a HOFer but Brady wins when Gronk gets hurt and he gets hurt almost every year.
2008 Eli was close to all pro.

The house.

The year when we had one of the best running games in modern football history? he was excellent that year and we had the best overall team in football with Plaxico that year. But nah, he had a lot less help in 2011 and we made the playoffs solely because of our passing game, and then won the super bowl.

Lol at Eli being great. He's a great compiler. He's got the 37th best passer rating of all time. Donovan Mcnabb has a higher passer rating, doesn't have a Super Bowl and played two less years. He had more consistent regular seasons though. Freaking Jay Cutler and him have similar career per game averages. Good for the Giants and their two SB's, but ElI hasn't even been a top 5 QB any season he has been in the league.

Anyway I can't stand the Giants really. I'd root for the Cowboys and Pats ahead of them.:p

Lol at Eli being great. He's a great compiler. He's got the 37th best passer rating of all time. Donovan Mcnabb has a higher passer rating, doesn't have a Super Bowl and played two less years. He had more consistent regular seasons though. Freaking Jay Cutler and him have similar career per game averages. Good for the Giants and their two SB's, but ElI hasn't even been a top 5 QB any season he has been in the league.

Anyway I can't stand the Giants really. I'd root for the Cowboys and Pats ahead of them.:p
It's because of your last line that nothing you said before that can be taken seriously.;)

Moss is why Brady put up video game numbers in 2007.
50 TD 8 INT in 2007
That season isn't brought up in Brady's career.
Brady had Moss that one year.
Then got hurt in 2008 and by 2009 Moss was on his way out.
Welker/Edelman are slot guys.
Gronk has been his guy who is a HOFer but Brady wins when Gronk gets hurt and he gets hurt almost every year.
2008 Eli was close to all pro.

It should be, it was his best season and NE's best team. And Eli's team beat them. Total team effort, to be sure. The defense was great, the running game was solid...and Eli came through in the biggest of spots.

Cruz was a slot guy too, and you want to give him 2011 Giants MVP. Why is being a slot guy eliminating Welker from any Patriots MVP talk?

2008 Eli was great, but the whole offense was strong. Great OL, three solid RB's, and good WR's...for most of the year. In 2011 he didn't have the line or running game. The offense was in his shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.