NFL Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Bryce, get healthy soon.

Yeah Hackenberg sure got an awesome review of last night's performance in an article I read. I'm so glad the Bills stayed away from him. I wanted no part of him.

One thing I've noticed in pre-season games is that the refs are calling unsportsmanlike penalties on taunting very quickly. Apparently it's a point of emphasis this year. Two unsportsmanlike penalties and you're ejected.

Eagles traded Bradford to the Vikes for a first and fourth rounder next year. Eagles on their way to 5-11. Once Bradford gets acclimated he'll lead Vikes to the playoffs.

Eagles traded Bradford to the Vikes for a first and fourth rounder next year. Eagles on their way to 5-11. Once Bradford gets acclimated he'll lead Vikes to the playoffs.
id be lying if I didn't tell you I had week 4 as a W for the Giants.

now...its in play.

id be lying if I didn't tell you I had week 4 as a W for the Giants.

now...its in play.

Particularly on the road. The flip side is the two games with the Birds got a whole lot easier.

Yeah, it sure looks like the Birds have decided not to compete this year. Oh well, there's always fantasy football...

Particularly on the road. The flip side is the two games with the Birds got a whole lot easier.
absolutely on both accounts.

this 1st dallas game is HUUUUGGGEEAHHH!!

this could be like the pats and how they roll through the AFC Least every year or the old niners rolling through the NFC west, there is 4 baked in Wins...and then the redskins. hell, split that and ill take 5-1 in-division.

Teddy Bridgewater's injury just saved the Eagles franchise.
They got a 2017 1st and 2018 4th for Sam "I will get injured in Minnesota" Bradford.

Also this is basically a first round pick for 1 year of Bradford. Awful trade for Minny this bailed out the draft capital the Eagles wasted to move up for Wentz.

That trade now looks good.

They got a 2017 1st and 2018 4th for Sam "I will get injured in Minnesota" Bradford.

Also this is basically a first round pick for 1 year of Bradford. Awful trade for Minny this bailed out the draft capital the Eagles wasted to move up for Wentz.

Totally disagree.

Eagles gave up a first rounder this year, a first and fourth rounder next year and a second rounder in 2018 to get Wentz. The only ones happy about that will be the Cleveland Browns who will get some very high draft picks over the next two years, courtesy of the Eagles.

I watched all 16 Eagles games (10 in person) and I can tell you Bradford played solidly last year considering he had the worst OL in the NFL in front of him, a WR corp that led the NFL in drops and had no playmakers (Riley Cooper lol) and an offense (Kelly) completely foreign to him at the start. Sure his durability is questionable but so will Chase Daniels and Wentz be at risk when they play in front of that OL.

Btw the trade tells you all you need to know about the severity of Bridgewater's injury. Pretty bad.

at the very least, it at least gave the iggs a pick in the 1st round next year...which is in PHILLY.

it would've been hysterical to not have them go on day 1.

I think it was good trade for both teams.

virtue of the #1 means the viks think they have a legit shot this year.

I don't.

Totally disagree.

Eagles gave up a first rounder this year, a first and fourth rounder next year and a second rounder in 2018 to get Wentz. The only ones happy about that will be the Cleveland Browns who will get some very high draft picks over the next two years, courtesy of the Eagles.

I watched all 16 Eagles games (10 in person) and I can tell you Bradford played solidly last year considering he had the worst OL in the NFL in front of him, a WR corp that led the NFL in drops and had no playmakers (Riley Cooper lol) and an offense (Kelly) completely foreign to him at the start. Sure his durability is questionable but so will Chase Daniels and Wentz be at risk when they play in front of that OL.

Btw the trade tells you all you need to know about the severity of Bridgewater's injury. Pretty bad.
Chase Daniel is 80% of Sam Bradford. Bradford isn't winning games for a good team. He is a cog and if is good isn't screwing up.
Philly needed draft capital back. They traded 8 for 2 and had to give an extra first and second.
This trade got that first back. Now really all it cost was the 2nd rounder that puts a lot less stress on Wentz as they got draft capital back for the guy they traded up for.
Instead of going 7-9 or 8-8 the Eagles may go 4-12 to 6-10 for that first round pick and the reps for Wentz w/o Bradford this was a crazy good trade for Philly.

They fleeced Minnesota. If I were an eagles fan I am stoked.

at the very least, it at least gave the iggs a pick in the 1st round next year...which is in PHILLY.

it would've been hysterical to not have them go on day 1.

I think it was good trade for both teams.

virtue of the #1 means the viks think they have a legit shot this year.

I don't.

I think they do have a legit shot but it depends on how long it takes Bradford to get acclimated although he has worked with Pat Shurmur in the past.

The Vikes spent heavily to rebuild the weakest part of the team - OL - by signing Alex Boone and Andre Smith as FAs.

Chase Daniel is 80% of Sam Bradford. Bradford isn't winning games for a good team. He is a cog and if is good isn't screwing up.
Philly needed draft capital back. They traded 8 for 2 and had to give an extra first and second.
This trade got that first back. Now really all it cost was the 2nd rounder that puts a lot less stress on Wentz as they got draft capital back for the guy they traded up for.
Instead of going 7-9 or 8-8 the Eagles may go 4-12 to 6-10 for that first round pick and the reps for Wentz w/o Bradford this was a crazy good trade for Philly.

They fleeced Minnesota. If I were an eagles fan I am stoked.

You're nuts. If you'd watched any Eagles games in the pre-season you would have seen that Daniel is horrible. In fact he's so bad that the Eagles have said they will start Wentz in the opener despite him coming off a rib fracture and having only played one half of a pre-season game so far in his career. Do you think that's a good idea? Btw they gave Daniel $21 million over three years.

Bradford is much better than Daniel and he will do very well in Minnesota. Trust me, I watched him a helluva lot more than you did last year. Bradford can play. He just has to stay healthy. A #1 and a #4 is nothing for a solid NFL QB.

Btw there is plenty of pressure on Wentz. The Eagles gave up a ton to get him.

Bradford has never lead a team to a winning season. He had a pretty good OL with the Rams and they had talent on defense. The guy could never stay healthy.
Bradford doesn't have a great arm. He will get hurt. I get Chip's system didn't mesh with him but John Elway drafted Paxton Lynch over trading for Sam Bradford. I trust John Elway on QBs.

This was a fleecing. Eagles were sucking with Bradford anyway they got good capital for him and will be able to develop Wentz.

Bradford has never lead a team to a winning season. He had a pretty good OL with the Rams and they had talent on defense. The guy could never stay healthy.
Bradford doesn't have a great arm. He will get hurt. I get Chip's system didn't mesh with him but John Elway drafted Paxton Lynch over trading for Sam Bradford. I trust John Elway on QBs.

This was a fleecing. Eagles were sucking with Bradford anyway they got good capital for him and will be able to develop Wentz.

I get the healthy part. That's an issue but he held up last year with a really bad OL. Bradford has a very good arm. You don't get drafted #1 overall with a bad arm. You're wrong there and you're really wrong when you say there isn't much difference btw Bradford and Daniel. Bradford is also an upgrade on Bridgewater. You won't be calling it a fleecing by the end of the year.

You never answered my question about whether it was wise to start a rookie with one half of a game under his belt?

You're also forgetting a few things. Minnesota only has to pay Bradford $7 million in 2016 and are on the hook for $4 million in 2017. The Eagles eat the $11 million signing bonus. The Vikes are built to win now and are pretty strong across the board. And Bridgewater may be out the next two years. This was a very smart pickup by the Vikings and the draft pick won't cost them that much because it's likely to be at the back end of the first round.Not a big price to pay for a starting QB.

You're also forgetting a few things. Minnesota only has to pay Bradford $7 million in 2016 and are on the hook for $4 million in 2017. The Eagles eat the $11 million signing bonus. The Vikes are built to win now and are pretty strong across the board. And Bridgewater may be out the next two years. This was a very smart pickup by the Vikings and the draft pick won't cost them that much because it's likely to be at the back end of the first round.Not a big price to pay for a starting QB.
The Vikings were behind the Packers before this injury as the Pack got healthy and getting Jordy Nelson back is huge for that offense. I had Minneota as a wildcard with Bridgewater.
I think both Arizona and Seattle are playoff teams that leaves one wild card for the other 3 divisions. That pick is going to be a middle of the first round pick in the 14 to 20 range IMO.
Cap dollars are irrelvant as Philly was paying Bradford no matter what. The fact that Philly got a first round pick is amazing. Also Bradford does have a weaker arm as in college he injured his should multiple times. In Minnesota he has Peterson but the Minny skill position guys suck. Philly made out in this deal as Minny is going to be decent not a SB caliber team.

The Vikings were behind the Packers before this injury as the Pack got healthy and getting Jordy Nelson back is huge for that offense. I had Minneota as a wildcard with Bridgewater.
I think both Arizona and Seattle are playoff teams that leaves one wild card for the other 3 divisions. That pick is going to be a middle of the first round pick in the 14 to 20 range IMO.
Cap dollars are irrelvant as Philly was paying Bradford no matter what. The fact that Philly got a first round pick is amazing. Also Bradford does have a weaker arm as in college he injured his should multiple times. In Minnesota he has Peterson but the Minny skill position guys suck. Philly made out in this deal as Minny is going to be decent not a SB caliber team.

We disagree.

If Bradford injured his shoulder in college and that weakened his arm then why was he taken #1? I know I've seen a ton more of Bradford than you have and I can tell you he has a very solid arm.

That pick will be somewhere well into the 20s. They won 11 games last year and now you think they're gonna fall below .500? Small price to pay for a 28 yo QB that put very solid #s with very little around him last year. Yeah and the Rams have been really lighting it up without him in the last few years.

The Vikings got fleeced, Bradford blows, I wouldn't have given up a 4th round pick for him, let alone a 1st and a 4th.

The Vikings got fleeced, Bradford blows, I wouldn't have given up a 4th round pick for him, let alone a 1st and a 4th.

Another guy that probably didn't watch one Eagles game last year. The guy had top ten stats in several categories amongst NFL QBs while playing behind the worst combo of OL/WR in the NFL.

The only fleecing was done by the Cleveland Browns who parlayed the #2 overall pick in the NFL draft last year for a #15 pick in 2016 and a likely top ten pick in 2017, a likely high second rounder in 2017 and another likely high second rounder in 2018.

Keep arguing kids, fact remains...the New York Football Giants, will be your NFC Eastern Division Champions.

And more...

Another guy that probably didn't watch one Eagles game last year. The guy had top ten stats in several categories amongst NFL QBs while playing behind the worst combo of OL/WR in the NFL.

I saw plenty of Eagles games, they guy isn't that good.

Keep arguing kids, fact remains...the New York Football Giants, will be your NFC Eastern Division Champions.

And more...

Contain your enthusiasm, my friend. Vegas has the O/U on the vaunted Big Blue squad at 8. Sounds about right to me.

I saw plenty of Eagles games, they guy isn't that good.

He put up very solid #s with no supporting cast. Now he will have a much better cast on both sides of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.