Nick Carparelli | Syracusefan.com

Nick Carparelli

Now that I've actually read his background, I'm very intrigued. Business and college conference leadership experience is a nice combination plus the obvious fact that he is an alum.

He'd be an excellent choice.

I was surprised he didn't make the short list last time.

So I wonder whether SU just goes back to that list or takes a look at some new candidates.

So I wonder whether SU just goes back to that list or takes a look at some new candidates.

Certainly both. They have a prior list as a starting block but will add names to it, without a doubt.

Was he not on the short list because he wasn't truly interested? Is there any confirmation that he's truly interested in leaving UA? He'd definitely be making less money.

Was he not on the short list because he wasn't truly interested? Is there any confirmation that he's truly interested in leaving UA? He'd definitely be making less money.

and he would be leaving after 2 years... cant imagine any of those $$$$$$$$$$$$ stock options have vested yet $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Even though UA is down like 25% in the last few months, still worth tons to him.

my assumption is his name is out there from national guys because he wants his name out there. Whether he's leveraging UA or wants the job remains to be seen. I'm sure if he came to Syracuse, turned it to an UA school, those stock option issues you mention won't be a problem. He's worth more to UA at a top 5 hoops school i bet.

This guy would be my number 1 choice right now. If not him then the UCF AD.

I would make Jim Boeheim the top internal candidate.

Why would this guy take a pay cut?
How much does he make at UA?

Coyle is rumored to have had a base salary of 500k and had to have incentives as well.

I think if Carparelli got a long term deal and he wanted to be an AD I doubt the money gap would be that large.

Alsacs said:
This guy would be my number 1 choice right now. If not him then the UCF AD.

I would make Jim Boeheim the top internal candidate.

Love JB, but I just can't imagine him as AD. He would never fire a coach...and he's a short term place holder.

What has Nike done for Syracuse University other than get our AD to neuter Orangemen/women to Orange.

I get JB gets money from them but they don't send us any recruits. They have destroyed our football jerseys and basketball jerseys. I got no loyalty to Nike I don't care if we are an Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, New Balance, Puma, whatever brand school.

We need an AD who would do good things for Syracuse and Nick Carparelli is a Syracuse guy.

and he would be leaving after 2 years... cant imagine any of those $$$$$$$$$$$$ stock options have vested yet $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Even though UA is down like 25% in the last few months, still worth tons to him.

If it's like my company, most would vest between 2 and 5 years.

If it's like my company, most would vest between 2 and 5 years.

I was thinking at least 3 - especially as a signing bonus which would probably be a bigger chunk for him than his annual stock awards. But I've been wrong once before :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom