Class of 2014 - Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered

I have a lot more faith that SU will get their share of talented HS players to sign their LOI on February than I have in the past...since the McNabb years to be honest.
I would not rule out another series of JC kids as well but I agree that we seem to be doing well in the HS ranks.

Dam man so after his visit to mizzou its now 18-1 Missouri / Syracuse yikes

As with anyone we need the visit to happen

Mizzou received another OLB commit yesterday bringing there overall commit list to 27 players. Hope that moves Sykes down priority list.

Mizzou received another OLB commit yesterday bringing there overall commit list to 27 players. Hope that moves Sykes down priority list.

pretty sure this has to be good news for us on the sykes front. If it is for the most part down to just the two of us (which by some accounts it is either SU or Mizzou, with 27 commits and another OLB now in the Mizzou fold, you have to really like our chances with Sykes.

which is great, because I really want this guy.

pretty sure this has to be good news for us on the sykes front. If it is for the most part down to just the two of us (which by some accounts it is either SU or Mizzou, with 27 commits and another OLB now in the Mizzou fold, you have to really like our chances with Sykes.

which is great, because I really want this guy.

Sykes is currently one of their top targets, even with their recent commitment

Hey they are in the SEC now..and thus no limits... ;)

Yeah but it's Mizzou they might be in the SEC but they aren't true SEC yet the protection comes later I'd assume.

ND looks to be - chicago area kid at a catholic high school - looks like another kid well lose to nd

Notre Dame's offer makes it that much better for when he commits to the Orange, am I right?! Anyone!? Anyone...? Anyone...? Seriously though, I know it is beyond naive, but I refuse to believe that just because Notre Dame makes an offer that we automatically lose any possibility of winning a recruit. Until he literally commits elsewhere, I believe we have a shot.

they already have two kids rated 21 and better this year and the the no.1 kid last year....maybe a conditional offer.

they peaked under that hot head of a coach...

Notre Dame's offer makes it that much better for when he commits to the Orange, am I right?! Anyone!? Anyone...? Anyone...? Seriously though, I know it is beyond naive, but I refuse to believe that just because Notre Dame makes an offer that we automatically lose any possibility of winning a recruit. Until he literally commits elsewhere, I believe we have a shot.

Chicago kid - Notre Dame... Gonna be tough, unless as said below, its a conditional offer

they already have two kids rated 21 and better this year and the the no.1 kid last year....maybe a conditional offer.

they peaked under that hot head of a coach...

If he doesnt commit after his visit. This will hold true.

This one stings a bit. I've been pretty vocal on this guy being the best (realistic) prospect left on the defensive side of the ball. Still holding out hope that we get him on campus and then whatever happens will happen.

Really can't wait to play those dbags next season in the Meadowlands. Hope we beat them up. F ND! Go Cuse!!!!

Must make Sykes real proud to know he is ND's fall-back option. Aside from last season, is there any team in America who has achieved less with more talent than the Irish (Texas maybe) ?

Any chance he thinks hey are a pretentious program that annoys him to the point he wouldn't ever consider donning a golden dome?

The ND site had a long piece on this. From what Sykes was saying it sounds like he will commit on his visit.

Must make Sykes real proud to know he is ND's fall-back option. Aside from last season, is there any team in America who has achieved less with more talent than the Irish (Texas maybe) ?
USC (both of them actually) and Georgia come to mind, as well.

AlmightySy ‏@Ninth__Cloud 20h
I'll be announcing my Top 5 schools Next Week

With the extended dead period it seems like it is getting a little late for this.. at least if he wants to take all his officials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom