Class of 2014 - Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered

So now that they are all in town, how many can we expect to verbal within the next week?

I'm hoping for 50% after this weekend. Guessing they will be talking about it among themselves. If one does I think they will grab a second. Hopefully it can create a chain reaction but I would settle to 2/4. I think AJ will be working hard this weekend.

I'm hoping for 50% after this weekend. Guessing they will be talking about it among themselves. If one does I think they will grab a second. Hopefully it can create a chain reaction but I would settle to 2/4. I think AJ will be working hard this weekend.

I think it will snowball as well, here's to hoping for a slate of commits in the next ten days

Ba6IWkNCQAAtHUC.jpg:large

Any news on Sykes? Seems everyone else on visit had a great time, we havent heard a peep from him.

Have a shot with ND coming up?
I think we might come up short here. The location and ND mystic might be too much to overcome but the coaches did the best they could.

He had a great time.

bnoro, have you done your list of most likely final recruits anywhere? Very interested in your thoughts...

I think we might come up short here. The location and ND mystic might be too much to overcome but the coaches did the best they could.

I think your right but kudos to the staff much like the Ishaq recruitment a few years ago they pretty much did everythign they could short of kidnapping him until signing day.

if he makes it out of the ND visit without committing we will have a pretty good shot. I think we end up just a bit short, but the staff has done an excellent job on him. Again the perception of the program may get us. I hate when recruits say "I was surprised, I wasn't expecting that." We still have a ways to go to get back to a respectable level nationally, but are headed in the right direction. Going to be an anxious weekend

Wow could we have just caught a major break? Ole Miss filled their class with LBers yesterday taking a commitment from a JC LBer. How does that impact us? Well Nyles Morgan was deciding between Ole Miss and ND, and was thought to be an Ole Miss lean. Now it looks like he will definitely head to ND, who is visiting him Friday I believe. They also have 3 other 4 star OLB recruits in this current class. Could they now be full, or maybe even if they want another could Sykes take a look at the depth chart and say hmmmph? I do believe they were recruiting Sykes as a MLB though (same as Morgan)

This could get interesting

i also was wondering if it was going to come down to morgan and sykes. well take whatever breaks we can get bc i think hes a stron nd lean

So in one day his assumed first choice lost their DC and got a commitment from a talented player in the same position? Can't ask for much more!

Wow could we have just caught a major break? Ole Miss filled their class with LBers yesterday taking a commitment from a JC LBer. How does that impact us? Well Nyles Morgan was deciding between Ole Miss and ND, and was thought to be an Ole Miss lean. Now it looks like he will definitely head to ND, who is visiting him Friday I believe. They also have 3 other 4 star OLB recruits in this current class. Could they now be full, or maybe even if they want another could Sykes take a look at the depth chart and say hmmmph? I do believe they were recruiting Sykes as a MLB though (same as Morgan)

This could get interesting
You're overthinking this.

Fwiw a new rvls article by the nd site has a headline that says "Sykes 'stunned' by diaco move"

Fwiw a new rvls article by the nd site has a headline that says "Sykes 'stunned' by diaco move"
as long as he isn't so stunned becomes an option for him I can live with it either way.