No bowl game this year | Syracusefan.com

No bowl game this year

Bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no reason we can't win 3 more games. I will be very disappointed if we don't.

There is no reason we can't win 3 more games. I will be very disappointed if we don't.
agreed everyone knew October would be very difficult when schedule was released(hopefully acc does a better job next year even if it means moving the pitt game from 2nd to last game to October)

Turrible offense, mediocre defense, no bowl sorry, get well soon
Not so fast, my friend! If we had played our schedule in reverse our record and the team would be quite different.

Reactions: cto

This may be the most condescending statement ever made on this board.

"no bowl sorry, get well soon"?

Must be you in your avatar.

Chris02M said:
agreed everyone knew October would be very difficult when schedule was released(hopefully acc does a better job next year even if it means moving the pitt game from 2nd to last game to October)

The only game that remains shocking outcome wise is the Maryland game. We were far more competitive vs the elite teams than last season.

Wish we could do a Duke schedule just once: patsie FCS, directional school, directional school, lower p5. We need the buzz of a win streak.

The only game that remains shocking outcome wise is the Maryland game. We were far more competitive vs the elite teams than last season.

Wish we could do a Duke schedule just once: patsie FCS, directional school, directional school, lower p5. We need the buzz of a win streak.
next years is ok even though LSU will be very tough but FSu shouldn't be quite as good with Winston eating crab with the jets

TheCusian said:
The only game that remains shocking outcome wise is the Maryland game. We were far more competitive vs the elite teams than last season. Wish we could do a Duke schedule just once: patsie FCS, directional school, directional school, lower p5. We need the buzz of a win streak.

We need to follow the Baylor model and schedule non BCS teams for at least a couple of seasons. It's ok to do this.

We need to follow the Baylor model and schedule non BCS teams for at least a couple of seasons. It's ok to do this.
can't happen as it is required by acc starting next year to play 1 p5 game or nd every year out of conference

next years is ok even though LSU will be very tough but FSu shouldn't be quite as good with Winston eating crab with the jets

I know this won't be popular here - but the program is simply not ready to add powerhouse SEC teams to the mix.

I know this won't be popular here - but the program is simply not ready to add powerhouse SEC teams to the mix.
The only thing that gives our program the allure of Big Time is the people we play. We need to play LSU and the rest. Playing non BCS is fools gold. And we unlike Rutgers fans, know the difference. We weren't near ready when we beat Nebraska in '84 and that game help turn this whole thing around. The year before they put up about 70 on us.

The only thing that gives our program the allure of Big Time is the people we play. We need to play LSU and the rest. Playing non BCS is fools gold. And we unlike Rutgers fans, know the difference. We weren't near ready when we beat Nebraska in '84 and that game help turn this whole thing around. The year before they put up about 70 on us.

Just don't agree. Giving the current state of the program, you just can not schedule in guaranteed losses playing heavy weights from the SEC. It's admirable. But the "fools gold" is thinking that playing up and getting hammered is better than getting wins, getting to bowls, have additional practices after the regular season, and chipping away at the national perception of being a losing program.

We have plenty of opportunity to show our chops playing FSU, Clemson and Louisville every year.

Just don't agree. Giving the current state of the program, you just can not schedule in guaranteed losses playing heavy weights from the SEC. It's admirable. But the "fools gold" is thinking that playing up and getting hammered is better than getting wins, getting to bowls, have additional practices after the regular season, and chipping away at the national perception of being a losing program.

We have plenty of opportunity to show our chops playing FSU, Clemson and Louisville every year.

Great post. Agree 100%. This whole macho scheduling philosophy is idiotic. Fine we have to play a P5 every year that we don't play ND. Instead of LSU play Kansas.

You may want to rethink your screen name. This post just doesn't fit.

But thank you for your amazing analysis.

So what kind of chaos do we need to have happen to win the division?

I actually think our defense has improved...no major blowouts and held their own against the big kids...FSU, Notre Dame and Clemson...the offense has been hurting the defense...

This. I find it interesting that the take on FSU and ND's games is more that FSU and ND weren't prepared, had off-games, or had distractions (if you listen to Sirius 91, you know what I'm talking about). Could it be instead that our D is pretty good and held these teams in check, for the most part?

This. I find it interesting that the take on FSU and ND's games is more that FSU and ND weren't prepared, had off-games, or had distractions (if you listen to Sirius 91, you know what I'm talking about). Could it be instead that our D is pretty good and held these teams in check, for the most part?

Sure, on defense, we are good enough to win. We have senior veterans in key spots (DE, O-LB, safety, one CB spot with a junior CB opposite) and this bunch plays with a lot of heart.

It gives us a chance in November, if we stay healthy, and if we can establish the run to help our inexperienced QB. Not a sure thing, but a chance.

can't happen as it is required by acc starting next year to play 1 p5 game or nd every year out of conference
We could improve our odds by only scheduling the traditionally sucky teams in the P5.

Playing LSU for a team where we are, just isn't very smart.

But as a fan, who has little choice in such things, I'm going to enjoy it. I really need to attend both games (even the good ol' Carrier Dome is a road trip for me). They should be fun. I'd bet my house we go 0-2 in them.

I know people want to see the 4 game creampuff to get us some wins. But that's no sure thing. Look at NC State. Started 4-0 beating the schools for the blind. Rode that momentum into the first quarter of FSU. Since the whistle blew at the end of that first quarter, they've been outscored 150-49 with 4 straight losses. If they can beat us this weekend, they will likely sneak into whatever bowl game isn't filled by another conference. If they lose to us, they likely end up 5-7. So do they think of this year as progress at that point?

I'm still bullish. Our defense has improved tremendously in recent weeks and after facing Clemson's D the game should slow down a bit for AJ and our offense hoepfully opens up as result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom