No one is watching Columbia vs UK | Syracusefan.com

No one is watching Columbia vs UK

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
No way UK goes undefeated. No team is that good to win every game.

I hope they go undefeated in the regular season, be real interesting seeing the amount of pressure they would have in the tourney

Kensucky really scorching the nets, 25 - 23 smart guys at the half.

Well this is probably the best they have played since Jim Macmillian played for them.
Hey, Chet Forte was once the national player of the year!

(Both McMillian and Forte preceded me at Columbia, so I never saw either one there).

Last edited:
Columbia is doing this while missing their best player, who broke his foot prior to the year and due to an absolutely ridiculous rule in the Ivy League dropped out so that he can redshirt and return next year.

Reactions: cto
Hey, Chet Forte was once the national player of the year!

(Both MacMillian and Forte preceded me at Columbia, so I never saws either one there).
I know but some of us only know him from his work with Howard Cosell and Monday Night Football. I was surprised when I found out he was a hoopster.

I'm watching
And I hope Joyce alma mater's have not done a reversal this season!!

Columbia is doing this while missing their best player, who broke his foot prior to the year and due to an absolutely ridiculous rule in the Ivy League dropped out so that he can redshirt and return next year.
the ivy league has some pretty dome rules.. you can red shirt if you graduate is one.. letting every sport under the sun play for a national title but football is another.

Of course now that I have it on, Kentucky is running away with it.

ugh. I was so excited for Columbia that my son found a stream here in Canada. I fell responsible for this Kentucky run as it started when I put the game on.

No way UK goes undefeated. No team is that good to win every game.
To me this is just a down yr in college bball. SO much young talent left last year, even more than other yrs imo. I know on paper UK is the best team and they should be the favorite to win it all. But other than their defense in that KU game they have not played at the super high level you would expect from a team w 9 mickey Ds in the other games i have watched. They dont shoot it much better than we do, they simply can not be stopped on the boards by inferior/smaller teams. The one team that has really impressed me every game i have watched so far is Duke. Yes they are loaded but they are also very young and K has those young kids ready early so far. That tyus guy and okafor look nothing like freshmen. Even Winslow, imo he makes some freshmen mistakes, but he looks like hes 24 ...as much as i am impressed w McC, lets face it , he doesnt have the body of a 24 yr old....not even close obviously

It is sort of nice to see some of these team stepping up. Columbia, even though they did not pull it off, NJIT, who lost for like 5 straight years, E. Michigan. New kids on the block...

I love these coaches (JB included), when something goes wrong they put it all on the kids. Listening to Cal now and after they underachieve a little against CU, its how young the "kids"are and they dont listen, dont play hard, dont hit shots, whatever, its never on the coaches even a little bit. Izzo is one of the few coaches who takes some accountability. You would think a guy who had as many tens of millions as Cal would be less insecure and would take more accountability. I mean it must be pretty hard on Cal to have 9 mickey Ds and then to have to complain about these kids deficiencies when they dont outperform...

Last edited:
It is sort of nice to see some of these team stepping up. Columbia, even though they did not pull it off, NJIT, who lost for like 5 straight years, E. Michigan. New kids on the block...
You might not have saw it but they showed a graphic of all the big upsets this season. It was nice that Cuse wasn't on the list.

You might not have saw it but they showed a graphic of all the big upsets this season. It was nice that Cuse wasn't on the list.

If we're on any big upset list in the foreseeable future, it's going to be one we want to be on. Beating a team without a single top 25 vote isn't going to make national headlines in the majority of cases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom