"No pants".... redux | Syracusefan.com

"No pants".... redux

cto

Administrator
I just heard a tv commercial in which someone said he was not wearing pants.. which brought back a weird memory. What was the running joke here a few years ago... about "I've spoken. No pants."?

I may be wrong, but I think that was the joke. I have spoken. No pants.

The person in the commercial was Neil Patrick Harris, by the way, doing a beer ad. I have spoken, no pants.

I just heard a tv commercial in which someone said he was not wearing pants.. which brought back a weird memory. What was the running joke here a few years ago... about "I've spoken. No pants."?

As I recall from my way too many years reading these boards :) - that came about from a rather eccentric poster named PeruFlaOrange (or something to that effect) who made one of his rambling posts one day that ended with "I have spoken - no pants."

I think it was VivaPeru who added the tag line. But it was around the era when the infamous- and much missed- RaoulDuke, of MONSTER DUNKS fame randomly posted a line from "So I Married and Axe Murderer". The thread title was, "Head! Pants! NOW!" with no message in the post. From there, "I have spoken, no pants!" became a board meme, and a phrase I still use sometimes.

Sadly, I recall those incidents, but nothing of importance from my education, such as Pythagorean theorem, anything about the Magna Carta, or similarly useful information.

NO PANTS?!?

syracuse-chick.jpg

I think it was VivaPeru who added the tag line. But it was around the era when the infamous- and much missed- RaoulDuke, of MONSTER DUNKS fame randomly posted a line from "So I Married and Axe Murderer". The thread title was, "Head! Pants! NOW!" with no message in the post. From there, "I have spoken, no pants!" became a board meme, and a phrase I still use sometimes.

Sadly, I recall those incidents, but nothing of importance from my education, such as Pythagorean theorem, anything about the Magna Carta, or similarly useful information.
no it was a truly crazy person that added that tag line to an incoherent post and everyone just ran with it.

my favorite poster ever was McKay. it might've been over at the paper site. i think he might've had 2 posts total. in 2001 he boisterously proclaimed that we were going to pop tennessee's cherry on the football side. when he got deleted, he had one last baffled post "what,don't you guys like popping cherries?"

there are not nearly enough crazy people on this board any more.

"I have spoken, no pants"...was originally written by a poster under the nom de plume of 'Orangeballz'.

It was during the 'Year of Melo'.

He went off on a rant, to whatever the was a topic du jour...and his last line, separated from the body was that gem.

If I remember correctly he had less than 20 posts and I don't recall him ever posting again.

PeruflaOrange was an early version of Cali, and vivaperu was a great guy who entered the board witness protection program right around the YoM after 1 too many encounters with NYCfan in public.

To clear this up... "No pants" had nothing to do with either Raoul Duke or VivaPeru (two of my favorite posters from the early 2000's... who seem to have disappeared). As MSOrange said above, the crazy guy was PeruFlaOrange (or something like that)... not VivaPeru.

Was PeruFlaOrange the dude with the turkey fryer?

To clear this up... "No pants" had nothing to do with either Raoul Duke or VivaPeru (two of my favorite posters from the early 2000's... who seem to have disappeared). As MSOrange said above, the crazy guy was PeruFlaOrange (or something like that)... not VivaPeru.

Wow. Further evidence that my mind is much more a steel sieve than steel trap. I stand 1000% corrected! Hell if I want to be totally wrong about pretty much everything, I'll just talk to my wife and leave you guys alone. :cool:

I am famous for my memory at work. Just imagine if I had useful information stored up there where all these random facts are :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom