no play book | Syracusefan.com

no play book

upperdeck

Living Legend
so does babers have some ipad type thing to give kids ? they must want kids to have some idea of where to go offense before spring practice starts? if nothing else some film clips of baylor/BG plays at some level?

I know the WR splits are different, but anyone have a sense on the blocking changes for the oline and whether the RB have a whole knew ball game to learn?

for the QBs i would assume the read progressions but is it simpilier to play in once you understand it?

He told us Wednesday night that kids need to pay very close attention in practice cuz all they'll get is what they learn and remember in practice . Don't know if he was exaggerating

Last edited:
I've read him say before no play books, so I'm pretty sure it's more of a conceptual thing and the reason why it takes roughly 18 games to truly sink in. The route tree for WRs is totally predicated on the way the DBs are playing them. If they open their hips one way you cut another. It's all working off what the D gives you. Repetition repetition repetition.

690West said:
He told us Wednesday night that kids need to pay very close attention in practice cuz that's all they get is what they learn and remember in practice . Don't know if he was exaggerating

No exaggeration. The thought is if you do it enough, it becomes second nature and you're able to just play.

You get that edge - plus all the built in schematic "take what the defense gives you" (although that gives the impression that the D is dictating things - a better label might be "hit the weakness hard until they stop you").

I love the approach. It will work here.

No exaggeration. The thought is if you do it enough, it becomes second nature and you're able to just play.

You get that edge - plus all the built in schematic "take what the defense gives you" (although that gives the impression that the D is dictating things - a better label might be "hit the weakness hard until they stop you").

I love the approach. It will work here.
I'm sure it's just coincidence that what the D keeps giving them is a crap load of points and yards.

so how do the kids work on it by themselves, when the go to the IPF and there is nothing to really compare to where they are supposed to go?

so how do the kids work on it by themselves, when the go to the IPF and there is nothing to really compare to where they are supposed to go?
Do you need a playbook to practice a concept and get yourself more reps against your teammates?

I'm not sure why this is so hard to grasp. We live in the age of technology and people are harping on no paper playbook. He has stated they will watch the play on the screen and break it down for each player on what they are to do. In live practices they have the 2nd team stand behind the 1st team so they can watch them run the play. Also by spreading out the spring practices it gives the players time to let the plays sink in. I don't think we are giving this kids enough credit, they will be able to get this and still practice on there own at the IPF.

It's not that difficult.

If someone tells you to turn right, do you know what they mean?

What about walk, jog and run??

Now imagine that as ghost, zebra and bozo.

Plus, each section the play call tells a unit how to 'do your job'.

You build from there.

What did Bowling Green players do at the Bowling Green IPF?

(don't answer the "IPF" part).

it isnt that hard to learn what to do.. but in the traditional way the kids would have the book now and be able to study it before the practices start, without that i was asking how are they prepping for day 1 of the new system, does he have some visual aid or are the kids just going to start learning in a few weeks from scratch? even if its based on coverages it needs to be explained.

it isnt that hard to learn what to do.. but in the traditional way the kids would have the book now and be able to study it before the practices start, without that i was asking how are they prepping for day 1 of the new system, does he have some visual aid or are the kids just going to start learning in a few weeks from scratch? even if its based on coverages it needs to be explained.

Yes, he has visual aids. It was in an article on the P-S site. They use video to teach.

Yes, he has visual aids. It was in an article on the P-S site. They use video to teach.
Also, Babers is a master puppeteer.

Also, Babers is a master puppeteer.

The_Babfather.png

No playbook is relatively common now, words, phrases and signals tell the story. Not that difficult to grasp.

How many current players came from a no huddle/ handle signal only high school team?

How many current players came from a no huddle/ handle signal only high school team?

Smart kids can adapt quickly. What's the problem here?

LIBALL said:

Almost none on Baylor?

Smart kids can adapt quickly. What's the problem here?
Who said there was a problem? Running a no huddle program is common now in high school. That is why I asked if any of the players came from a no huddle program.