No SU Midnight Madness on ESPN/ESPN3 | Syracusefan.com

No SU Midnight Madness on ESPN/ESPN3

What is this bull spit.

Where will we see Mignight Madness this year for all of us out of towers?

Dare I say that Midnight Madness is not that good? But I guess you would like to decide that for yourselves.

It's not about it being great, or extra entertaining it's about being our first chance to get excited about basketball in 7 months. Watching the guys trot out on the floor, or throw down a garbage scrimmage isn't useful, it's all about getting excited that the season is back and about to start

Let us be in stealth mode. And then, we attack! Please be underrated, please be underrated. Seriously, it hurts recruiting a tad, but I think we are better when we are hungrier and the players want to prove something to the doubters. Last year, they rode on our bandwagon until we collapsed in a terrible stretch. Now? I want bizarro last year. We're just unknown enough to do it. Roberson. Johnson. McCullough. Christmas. Joseph. Cooney. All guys who can shock the world. One will. But hopefully the team does as well.
The preceding orange colored glasses pro SU rant slash basketball propaganda expressed by tee does not in any way reflect the opinion of this forum.

good thing they're going to show Mercer, ucon, and Fl Gulf Coast

Hey nothing wrong with Mercer! I'd rather watch Syracuse but my alma mater is a nice consolation prize at least for me.

Let us be in stealth mode. And then, we attack! Please be underrated, please be underrated. Seriously, it hurts recruiting a tad, but I think we are better when we are hungrier and the players want to prove something to the doubters. Last year, they rode on our bandwagon until we collapsed in a terrible stretch. Now? I want bizarro last year. We're just unknown enough to do it. Roberson. Johnson. McCullough. Christmas. Joseph. Cooney. All guys who can shock the world. One will. But hopefully the team does as well.
The preceding orange colored glasses pro SU rant slash basketball propaganda expressed by tee does not in any way reflect the opinion of this forum.
Oh, Tee, I am with you 120%! There was an article on syracuse.com this morning about Boeheim's quietly optimistic assessment of this year's team. I am sure it will be posted later.

Not one ACC school on ESPN's main coverage? What? NC State is on ESPN3. Looks like the whole show on ESPN will be a recruiting commercial for Kentucky and Paypal Cal and Arizona. That really sucks. I'll be skipping watching this year. If you feel the same, let ESPN know via twitter.

I love college basketball but truly would not spend 5 minutes in front of the tv watching anyone's midnight madness. I've tried it and to me it is nothing more than a carnival sideshow.

Oh, Tee, I am with you 120%! There was an article on syracuse.com this morning about Boeheim's quietly optimistic assessment of this year's team. I am sure it will be posted later.
Yeah, caught that article too. You're right. He has a little reluctance in his words and that makes perfect sense. Rightfully, he has big expectations for Roc, Trevor and Mike G. Even mentioned Roberson with some praise. But this a younger team than in the past many seasons.
Going go be interesting, but let me do the thing that I do: We ooooooooooze talent. Athletic enough to play up and down the court with anyone. We could be an outstanding zone defense. I thought we were good last year, not great. TC got his hands on the ball plenty of times, anticipated well. But if you think about it, Freshman Joseph is probably going to be more disruptive and trap better than Ennis, Mike and Buss get last year under their belt and even though we lose upperclassmen's defense in CJ and Baye, I think BJ and Roberson will be zone ready. McCullough is an athlete but I'm not sure yet what he will bring defensively. He might get lost early on. But if they get it together, chemistry, passing and function as a tight unit on D? Let's go.

Oops I forgot. I don't think it's a stretch for Christmas to average 2.5 to 3 blocks per game. He's going to be nasty. Also, fairly reasonable: 5.4 fouls per game. And with that, number of refs driving Ferraris to the game: 2.1. Fair is fair. :)

I'd venture to bet that this year's version of Orange Basketball in March would wipe the floor with last years version of Orange Basketball in March and it wouldn't even be close.

There are going to be several players who step on to the court and transform themselves and the team into a pretty scary proposition by the time March rolls around. There are some hungry kids on this team!

What is this bull spit.

Where will we see Mignight Madness this year for all of us out of towers?

You might be able to get a marvelously produced version to watch on Orange All Access;)
All for a small subscription fee of course:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom