not great news for Rak | Syracusefan.com

not great news for Rak

stuckinbig11 said:
Kevin Love resigned with the Cavs
cavs were better without love. Bad move

Totally expected. Pretty crowded at the 4/5 with Mozgov, Varajeao, KLove, Tristan (he will be resigned), and Rak.

I think its bad for Rak unless they release him and he has his choice of teams to sign with. Then its good.

Seems like everyone is writing off Rak before he has a chance to show what he can do. How many here thought he'd show as well before the draft.
Almost as bad as the anti-(whichever player) for next season. :noidea:

Seems like everyone is writing off Rak before he has a chance to show what he can do. How many here thought he'd show as well before the draft.
Almost as bad as the anti-(whichever player) for next season. :noidea:
Not writing him off at all. He just needs playing time so he can show what he can do. The court is crowded.

Well as bad as the Eastern Conference is,the Cavs will be blowing a lot of teams out. That should give Rak some decent mop up time.

Did not see this coming, this is bad news for Rakeem, are you serious? Love's been saying for a long time he's staying in Cleveland but people get all caught up in the non-stop stream of rumors and ill-informed tweets, etc. As for Rakeem, he'll be fine. Cavs will be cutting Haywood and Perkins loose, maybe James Jones, there will be room and need for Rakeem, if he performs like we know he can and should. He ain't no Dion, quite the opposite, Rakeem is wise enough to seize this opportunity.

I did not see that coming, I am sure Love will get hurt at some point, and they will probably try to keep his minutes down to save him for the playoffs, so Rak will get some time.

Oh man, my memory is killing me tonight. I heard another rumor about the Cavs going after another big man today or yesterday and now I can't find it. I had a feeling it would negatively impact Rak's ability to sign on there. Anyone else hear something along these lines?

The cavs won't have money left to resign Tristan Thompson...

Dan Gilbert's luxury tax bill is going to be INSANE :eek:

$10 mil per year to Shumpert.. Uh ok.

This isnt unexpected. Lbj will take a one year max deal. The money is accounted for. Rak can always get traded. Hes going to get a shot.

Oh man, my memory is killing me tonight. I heard another rumor about the Cavs going after another big man today or yesterday and now I can't find it. I had a feeling it would negatively impact Rak's ability to sign on there. Anyone else hear something along these lines?
His chances today aren't any different than they were yesterday: the Cavs like Rakeem, said they had him higher on the board than when they got him at the 36th pick, they need bench strength with big men Haywood and Perkins, at the very least, being gone. Rakeem's a stud, he may spend some time driving an hour or so between Cleveland and the D-League team in Canton, which Joe Harris did this past season, along with getting p.t. here and there with the Cavs. I think he's in a pretty good spot.

I did not see that coming, I am sure Love will get hurt at some point, and they will probably try to keep his minutes down to save him for the playoffs, so Rak will get some time.
Let's not forget Varajeo. He's been injured quite a bit. I think Rak is a good insurance policy.

Let's not forget Varajeo. He's been injured quite a bit. I think Rak is a good insurance policy.

Andy has been continuously injured and is comin off an Achilles injury.

I think the old Andy is gone for good. Which is too bad, he was fun to watch.

Last edited:
I think his odds of making the team have gone up as they'll need to have some cheap rookie contracts at the end of the bench with all these big deals in place
Yeah, I think that's pretty likely.

His chances today aren't any different than they were yesterday: the Cavs like Rakeem, said they had him higher on the board than when they got him at the 36th pick, they need bench strength with big men Haywood and Perkins, at the very least, being gone. Rakeem's a stud, he may spend some time driving an hour or so between Cleveland and the D-League team in Canton, which Joe Harris did this past season, along with getting p.t. here and there with the Cavs. I think he's in a pretty good spot.

That's very likely [D League this year]. Agree with your prediction.

Cleveland isn't going to worry about the #1 seed next year. They will try and rest guys in order to win it all. Rak is going to get his time to play and honestly the way Mosgov handled the smaller GS line-up, it would make sense for the Cavs to see if Rak at the 5 gives them an option when teams go small.

[````QUOTE="RF2044, post: 1421933, member: 40"]That's very likely [D League this year]. Agree with your prediction.[/QUOTE]
Shooting guard Joe Harris from Virginia was drafted second round last year, same round as Rakeem, and averaged nearly 10 minutes a game in 51 games his rookie season, also played in six playoff games.

I guess no one read the stories in the past couple of days where Lebron said he will stay with the Cavs if they kept the team together, and resigned Love and Thompson. That is what would show Lebron that they were serious with winning next year. He wanted everyone back and said he expected them to find a way to make it work along with bringing in other players to win. So he explicitly stated that he needed them to bring back Love and Thompson. Lebron rules so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom