Not much of a surprise...Poncho Barnwell | Syracusefan.com

Not much of a surprise...Poncho Barnwell

tep624

Living Legend
But according to a headline over at Rivals, Poncho Barnwell did not qualify. It sounded like there was a small possiblity he may make it but now it's confirmed he won't. Not really sure what the damage is either, if he either has to go JUCO or has the Prep option.

But according to a headline over at Rivals, Poncho Barnwell did not qualify. It sounded like there was a small possiblity he may make it but now it's confirmed he won't. Not really sure what the damage is either, if he either has to go JUCO or has the Prep option.
Thought just about everyone had him pegged in for Milford

Article in the PS today. Going to Nassau CC. Scholarship offer stands.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2012/06/post_175.html

Thought just about everyone had him pegged in for Milford

Pretty much everyone did but there was some chatter a few weeks ago about him having a slim chance of qualifying.

would he consider only playing one year as nassau so he had 3 left to play 3?

would he consider only playing one year as nassau so he had 3 left to play 3?
He prob would consider it, but the school that's giving him the scholarship (Nassau) prob wouldn't be to cool w/ a BCS type player sitting on the bench for a year instead of contributing for their program

He prob would consider it, but the school that's giving him the scholarship (Nassau) prob wouldn't be to cool w/ a BCS type player sitting on the bench for a year instead of contributing for their program
is he getting a scholie to play at a CC ?

Didn't Tiller do that? Not fake the injury, lol, but sat out a year at Nassau?

Tiller broke his foot / ankle at NCC in 2008 and missed most of the season.

I
believe Nassau CC was mentioned as his destination at the moment. Pretty much makes three to play two when he is finished. Better than nothing I suppose. It appears that no current roster players have fallen victim to the big bad book monster thus far.Knock knock on wood.:p

Just a FYI. Poncho called and told me he verbaled to Old Dominion this morning. I know some of the guys wanted to know what was going on with him
Best of luck to him. I always had hoped he'd make it on campus, but wish him well. Did SU back off or vice versa? Was he not able to get qualified?

Just a FYI. Poncho called and told me he verbaled to Old Dominion this morning. I know some of the guys wanted to know what was going on with him
Thanks money. It is a shame he and SU were not able to connect. I really like the heart of kids from upstate and I think having some gives SU some of the #hardnose toughness Shafer wants.

I am glad things worked out for him and he will get a chance to play college football for 'free', at a high level.

Doaust loved him but he told me when they brought in the Juco DE's from last year , that gave them too many DE's and it wasnt necessary for them to Bring Poncho in.

Thanks. And thanks for resurrecting a post of mine from 2012 :)

is that 3 or 4 Rochester kids committed to ODU this class?

Thanks money. It is a shame he and SU were not able to connect. I really like the heart of kids from upstate and I think having some gives SU some of the #hardnose toughness Shafer wants.

I am glad things worked out for him and he will get a chance to play college football for 'free', at a high level.
Thanks man.

is that 3 or 4 Rochester kids committed to ODU this class?
Noye and Poncho. They had verbals from myles nicholas from Irondequiot and charlie shuman from pittsford. Myles decommited to Buffalo and Shuman is taking a walk on at Penn st. I know they like a kid from Fairport but not sure if he will qualify

Last edited:

Antonio Anderson is a coach at Nassau this was a RT of his. Hey I have an interesting twitter following. ;)

Thanks for sharing. Poncho is doing well for himself. There's a nice article there if anyone is interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom