Not sold on Strickland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not sold on Strickland

As with all of our Offense and Defense this year it's a work in progress.
Colgate - Sold out to stop the run
Louisville - Top 5 defense with middle of the D guys that will play Sunday
USF - They hockey lined all 4 Dlinemen and wore out our offensive line after a good running game start
UCONN - two big boys in the middle with multiple Oline injuries
Give it time, but Fredericks must of done/is doing something really wrong to be buried as deep as he is

He was fat this spring, during which time Strickland "flashed." First impressions are hard to overcome.
See, in this offense, with how this staff values S&C, Fredericks has to know he's got to show he'll do what it takes for them to believe in him.

Last edited:
Neal's numbers are terrible the last three games. I wonder how many three and outs feature him. He is too young and too small. Talk to me in a year after 365 gallons of milk

His numbers were bad against Colgate too after the 1st run. Since that first run of the year he is averaging 2.6 ypc which is nearly impossible to do. Also he has only 2 catches for 6 yards. Hard to justify him being in there at all.

Strickland is getting 3.7 ypc which isn't much better.

He's either (a) not in the shape Babers wants, (b) not grasping the playbook, (c) not a fit for the offense (d) all of the above.

He's either (a) not in the shape Babers wants, (b) not grasping the playbook, (c) not a fit for the offense (d) all of the above.

Would have a hard time believing it could be "B", maybe Babers just doesn't think he's a fit in the system though.

I just really hope Fredricks doesn't have has thoughts on transferring. I'm not saying he does it's just it has to be pretty damn frustrating to go from starter to sometimes uses as a KR...

Last edited:
I just really hope Fredricks has thoughts on transferring. I'm not saying he does it's just it has to be pretty damn frustrating to go from starter to sometimes uses as a KR...
That is food for thought. How much longer should he sit?? What could of he possibly done to be punished for so long? If it's conditioning, play him when you are not going fast, let him wear down the defense. How long before he feels like he isn't wanted and leave?? All good questions. Doubt we get any answers
Glad Cuse came away with the W.

becoming a major gripe for me. Fredericks no carries. Just wow.

Strick is a straight ahead runner has no vision and can't make anyody miss. Not even a little bit impressed.

It needs to be asked on the show. The run game is terrible and im starting to believe it's more the backs than the line. Fredericks needs to get some meaningful run
Strickland is a good RB. He needs another strong RB to compliment him.

Neal's numbers are terrible the last three games. I wonder how many three and outs feature him. He is too young and too small. Talk to me in a year after 365 gallons of milk

I think Neal needs to be shifted into the same role as Philips. He's too small for RB, behind the type of OL we have.

It would be different if we had great run blocking, but we don't.

Jordon is most likely gone. It has nothing to do with his talent.

Neal and Stricks do not have the size to be power backs in this offense. I'm tired of seeing them bounce backwards off the first defender they contact on short yardage plays. This is just dumb.

This is my main source of frustration with the team, in no way does Strickland appear superior (and I do like Strickland, but he's just not an every-down back).

What makes it even more strange is that Fredricks is used on kickoffs. Not good enough to get carries on offense, presumably because he's not fast enough or too heavy, but he's good enough to return kicks? Weird.

Doubt we'd get a clear answer from Coach Dino, but the question should still be asked.

They did ask recently. Maybe after the USF game? He said that he's progressing and doing the things they want him to do. Kind of a non-answer.

Strickland flashed speed and agility at times. As time goes on he will get better.

He lacks vision and instincts. Has no ability to make someone miss with a little wiggle either.

I like Strick, liked him catching that ball split out yesterday. I'd start training him there and go with Jordan at RB.

I'm convinced that Fredericks wouldve busted off some runs yesterday. There were some cut back lanes the other runners don't see

I like Strick,

I'm convinced that Fredericks wouldve busted off some runs yesterday. There were some cut back lanes the other runners don't see[/QUOTE] I agree. I am glad Cuse won. But I must admit I wonder in tough games if the coach rather lose than play Fredericks. That is sending a strong message to the player. What is your take on that? There were times in the previous games where we just couldn't move the ball but they just wouldn't play him. #freejordanfredericks

We miss Morris. He may be the best back for this offense. But short of that, Fredericks just seems like he should be the #1. I like Strickland but I liked him better in last years role. In fact, I liked Erv at RB last year more than I do Strickland this year. I'd almost flip Erv and Strickland back and move Fredericks into the starting lineup.

We miss Morris. He may be the best back for this offense. But short of that, Fredericks just seems like he should be the #1. I like Strickland but I liked him better in last years role. In fact, I liked Erv at RB last year more than I do Strickland this year. I'd almost flip Erv and Strickland back and move Fredericks into the starting lineup.
Spot on

Baylor disagrees.
Babers also said his offense differs from Baylor's.

Through 4 games RBs have 9 receptions. I'd wager the majority are on screen passes.