Not Sure How Other Feel, But... | Syracusefan.com

Not Sure How Other Feel, But...

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
I think Dan Dakich is one of the best in the business. On par with Bilas in his analysis.

He's fun to listen to, although too much of him would potentially get grating. I like him in the relatively small doses we get him in.

Yeah I think he's very intelligent and knows his stuff but please stop talking once in a while.

If that's the guy that's Bill Walton's handler, I'd be happy with him letting Bill exercise his craft as much as possible. Walton is an artist who transcends basketball even if I dont agree with everything he has to say. The guy is bigger than the game, and a treat to listen to for some of us. I guess that probably biases my opinion of Dan the way certain things about him may bias other's opinions of him. I like duos with the straight man/funny guy combo, it reminds me of the good cop and bad cop.

I'd love to see a Bilas/Jalen Rose duo some day

That would be interesting because I wonder how Bilas, a Duke graduate, would truly feel about working with someone who ripped the Duke organization on one of those ESPN 30 for 30's.

That would be interesting because I wonder how Bilas, a Duke graduate, would truly feel about working with someone who ripped the Duke organization on one of those ESPN 30 for 30's.
Definitely would be a good combo. Bilas obviously gets big picture stuff and sees how teams work well together, while Jalen could provide good analysis of individuals and what he likes and doesn't like - also closer to the recruitment aspect and coaching critiques/praises.

That was not Jalen ripping Duke as he currently views the world. That was him talking about how he felt as a young, and somewhat ignorant Freshman. He essentially admitted to being more jealous than anything. He has the utmost respect for Duke and coach K. He didnt go to Detroit Country Day private school like Cweb did, he went to inner city Detroit public school. His dad was not in his life.

I like Dakich. It seems like so many color guys constantly throw out cliches hoping to sound like they know what they're doing. I like when I feel like I can learn something from them, and Dakich falls into that category for me. I'm not a big fan of Jalen Rose. He knows his stuff, but I prefer that people getting paid to talk for a living be able to enunciate.

That was not Jalen ripping Duke as he currently views the world. That was him talking about how he felt as a young, and somewhat ignorant Freshman. He essentially admitted to being more jealous than anything. He has the utmost respect for Duke and coach K. He didnt go to Detroit Country Day private school like Cweb did, he went to inner city Detroit public school. His dad was not in his life.
Yep - with Jalen Rose, you can kind of put it this way: they were the college version of Arthur Agee and William Gates. Rose was Agee, Webber was Gates. Go back and watch Hoop Dreams and I think you'll get what I mean about that. Agee is the first guy I think of when I think of Rose in that respect.

I also think of Agee when I think about SlamBall, because I remember the one and only time that insanely awesome sport had a televised "draft" Agee was one of the first selections, and it was held in some cheap banquet hall, and it was great. I miss SlamBall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom