Notice to Our Readers Regarding a Change in Policy for the Daily Articles | Syracusefan.com

Notice to Our Readers Regarding a Change in Policy for the Daily Articles

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
No, we aren't going to stop doing the daily articles. They have been a big part of the boards for many years and will continue indefinitely.

But we think they can be done better and are working towards that end. So, effective immediately, here is the new plan for handling them:

One of the mods, typically me, will get up early in the day and post the daily articles threads on the football and basketball boards. Sometimes we might do this on some of the other boards too if this is merited. A key difference is that these posts will only contain links to new articles that haven't appeared on the daily articles before.

After that initial daily articles post has been made, mods will monitor the Internet for more articles to link and as they are found, they will add new posts to the original daily articles post for the day. In this way, you the reader can see when updates have been made to the daily articles and you can, if you wish, keep up to date with breaking news throughout the day. Most of the follow up posts are going to be made by ace Internet sleuths OrangeXtreme and CuseLegacy, though other mods, including I, will try and help out when possible.

We think this is the best way to deliver the SU related links you crave to you in a timely way and in a way that makes it clear when new links have been added. So please gave the new approach a chance and let us know what you think.

Regards,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Syracusefan.com Staff

Thank you to everyone for all the hard work you do! We had been very spoiled and fortunate with Dan's hyper warp speed locating and posting articles. Now, instead of Warp 9.9 we will have to be content with Warp 5. We still have the best fan board in the country! (I even had a Duke fan acknowledge that to me.)

CuseLegacy and OrangeXtreme... are sure pumping out the articles. Great job, both of you!
Yes, many thanks to those two. They are the human dynamos that power the board!

images
images

images
Dynamo.jpg

Reactions: cto