Notice to Our Readers Regarding a Change in Policy for the Daily Articles | Syracusefan.com

Notice to Our Readers Regarding a Change in Policy for the Daily Articles

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
No, we aren't going to stop doing the daily articles. They have been a big part of the boards for many years and will continue indefinitely.

But we think they can be done better and are working towards that end. So, effective immediately, here is the new plan for handling them:

One of the mods, typically me, will get up early in the day and post the daily articles threads on the football and basketball boards. Sometimes we might do this on some of the other boards too if this is merited. A key difference is that these posts will only contain links to new articles that haven't appeared on the daily articles before.

After that initial daily articles post has been made, mods will monitor the Internet for more articles to link and as they are found, they will add new posts to the original daily articles post for the day. In this way, you the reader can see when updates have been made to the daily articles and you can, if you wish, keep up to date with breaking news throughout the day. Most of the follow up posts are going to be made by ace Internet sleuths OrangeXtreme and CuseLegacy, though other mods, including I, will try and help out when possible.

We think this is the best way to deliver the SU related links you crave to you in a timely way and in a way that makes it clear when new links have been added. So please gave the new approach a chance and let us know what you think.

Regards,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Syracusefan.com Staff

Thank you so much for all you do Tom and the admins. As well as Orange Xtreme & Cuse Legacy. I'm sure OE would be glad that This legacy of his lives on.

I just want you all to know that your efforts are appreciated greatly by us SU fans.

Thank you to all the Mods and Admins for this great site and for all the work you do keeping it my favorite website.. Always my first click after booting up..

It's certainly appreciated that the tradition is carried on. I'm all in for trying out a new approach if you feel it's warranted. The idea you've presented sounds great to me!. Checking this board for daily articles has been a long standing discipline for many of us.

Thank you for all you do Tom!

Thanks for this great site. I know I probably take it for granted some times! It is a gift to us all.

I greatly appreciate everyones contributions and any changes the site makes is except able to me as you are all unpaid and none of us pay a subscriber fee.

Many thanks to all the Mods for filling our lives with Orange on a daily basis!! Your time and effort is appreciated by everyone.

No, we aren't going to stop doing the daily articles. They have been a big part of the boards for many years and will continue indefinitely.

But we think they can be done better and are working towards that end. So, effective immediately, here is the new plan for handling them:

One of the mods, typically me, will get up early in the day and post the daily articles threads on the football and basketball boards. Sometimes we might do this on some of the other boards too if this is merited. A key difference is that these posts will only contain links to new articles that haven't appeared on the daily articles before.

After that initial daily articles post has been made, mods will monitor the Internet for more articles to link and as they are found, they will add new posts to the original daily articles post for the day. In this way, you the reader can see when updates have been made to the daily articles and you can, if you wish, keep up to date with breaking news throughout the day. Most of the follow up posts are going to be made by ace Internet sleuths OrangeXtreme and CuseLegacy, though other mods, including I, will try and help out when possible.

We think this is the best way to deliver the SU related links you crave to you in a timely way and in a way that makes it clear when new links have been added. So please gave the new approach a chance and let us know what you think.

Regards,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Syracusefan.com Staff
The two options appear to be aas follows: 1) write a little blurb introducing each article but only list a limited number of links, or 2) list a large number of links without any intros. I wonder what preference readers have. Personally, I prefer the second option, unless we are talking pay site, in which case I want a pastrami on rhy along with hot links and kraut, and don't forget the suds.

Thank you all for the work it takes to keep this place running!

Who said nothing is free, unless the mods provide insider links on the pay side. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom