Notre Dame/Kentucky... in-game thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame/Kentucky... in-game thread

Okay, I do have to give Kentucky massive credit for something...

I saw Jayson Stark tweet this stat, and didn't believe it. But the play by play on the box score backs it up. Over the last 12 minutes of the game, Kentucky was 9-9 from the field!

Wow. Yes, they missed some free throws...but damn. That's how you close a game.
That goes to what a lot of people in this thread are saying about Brey's decision to go with Auguste and his 4 fouls. Now it's not Brey's fault the refs gave Auguste 2 fouls before the game starts but tactically, although he coached a good game, not saving his timeout to draw something up besides more Grant hero ball and not putting Colson in when Towns kept hitting layup after layup down the stretch on a 4 foul Auguste were two pretty bad coaching moves.

Announcers say a lot of stupid things. Colson is 6-5, Auguste 6-10. If Brey had made the switch and Towns scored the go-ahead over him, they'd have been screaming for Brey's scalp. Brey has coached that team all year long, and he had to know what he was going with. You don't invent new strategies at crunch time, especially because some DF talking head announcer dreamed one up. You dance with the one that brought you.

Announcers say a lot of stupid things. Colson is 6-5, Auguste 6-10. If Brey had made the switch and Towns scored the go-ahead over him, they'd have been screaming for Brey's scalp. Brey has coached that team all year long, and he had to know what he was going with. You don't invent new strategies at crunch time, especially because some DF talking head announcer dreamed one up. You dance with the one that brought you.

Youre running my narrative!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom