Now Here's a Pre-Season Poll That Makes Sense | Syracusefan.com

Now Here's a Pre-Season Poll That Makes Sense

I would put us in the top 15, I mean how in the world is Rhode Island ahead of us? But at least he finally came to his senses.

We are mixed bag until we start proving otherwise. I thought the poll was fine. These things always contain favorites.

We are mixed bag until we start proving otherwise. I thought the poll was fine. These things always contain favorites.

I agree with that, but we have top ten talent. I mean teams like Ucla is really a mixed bag, they had a losing record last year, and somehow now they are a top ten team.

I agree with that, but we have top ten talent. I mean teams like Ucla is really a mixed bag, they had a losing record last year, and somehow now they are a top ten team.

I can't argue with that. We will get there. Even if we don't, the competition level in the ACC is so good we will be ready for our annual bracket busting run in the NCAA tournament.

Doesn't make sense at all. We are a top ten team. Every team needs to jell. St Marys, Gonzaga, and Rhode Island have nowhere near the talent we do, and theres other teams on that list that are less talented than us.

We're not ranked high because Tyus Battle wasn't a burger boy and although Tyler Lydon was great last year, he wasn't highly rated either. This is just ignorance by the experts.

When we finish the season #1, it would be cooler for them to say we started out unranked.

It's not clear after we win the national championship that they will rank us #1. We went to the final four and we were ranked 16th last season in the final poll.

Doesn't make sense at all. We are a top ten team. Every team needs to jell. St Marys, Gonzaga, and Rhode Island have nowhere near the talent we do, and theres other teams on that list that are less talented than us.

We're not ranked high because Tyus Battle wasn't a burger boy and although Tyler Lydon was great last year, he wasn't highly rated either. This is just ignorance by the experts.
Not ignorance, purposeful clickbait! After all, has us talkin ;)

I like the lack of respect. It's motivation fuel.

I don't get the people who like being ranked low..

It's all about hype. Recruiting. Kentucky and Duke are always Top 10 preseason and always have their names scrolling across the ESPN ticker and talked about on SC and GameDay.

I'd rather be ranked #1 year round then be the scrappy underdogs who went from #20 to a Championship dark horse.

Not to mention that these polls are ridiculous. How many teams have a better rotation of Battle, White, Lydon, Roberson, Coleman, Gillon, Chukwu etc.. I'm going to go ahead and say, not many.

It's all about hype. Recruiting. Kentucky and Duke are always Top 10 preseason and always have their names scrolling across the ESPN ticker and talked about on SC and GameDay.

I'd rather be ranked #1 year round then be the scrappy underdogs who went from #20 to a Championship dark horse.

Not to mention that these polls are ridiculous. How many teams have a better rotation of Battle, White, Lydon, Roberson, Coleman, Gillon, Chukwu etc.. I'm going to go ahead and say, not many.

Great Post. This guy thinks we should be ranked 6th...

Rob Dauster

in the ACC

The thinking goes like this. SU was 9-9 last season in the ACC got into the tourney and made an improbable FF run. They lost all 3 of their guards who lead the offense.

They are making the mistake of looking at what we lost than who is actually on the team this year.

The thinking goes like this. SU was 9-9 last season in the ACC got into the tourney and made an improbable FF run. They lost all 3 of their guards who lead the offense.

They are making the mistake of looking at what we lost than who is actually on the team this year.
I agree, but if I hear JB is talking up his team like this, I am moving SU into my top 15, minimum. I think some of the better college basketball journalists understand this.

I think the main issue is so much of what we are excited about is new talent. Thus, there are many who may be reluctant to rank us too high. But we will have the opportunity to prove ourselves, and if/when we do, I expect it to be reflected in the polls.

Just for giggles, what was the points we lost with the 3 players we lost, "MikeG, TrevorC, and Mali per game and what were the points we are bringing in with AWIII, JohnG, and T. Battle. (I know TB was is high school, but what would be fair.

Bingo. I think people say "I like being under the radar" only because we are under the radar. The same people would have the biggest hardons if we were ranked high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom