Now Louisville is in trouble with the Mexicans ... | Syracusefan.com

Now Louisville is in trouble with the Mexicans ...

Hm. It would have been much better if they somehow could have incorporated "rapist" and "murderer" into their costumes. Instead, they all look so darn jolly!

It's a trick to funnel all of our weirdnesses into just one day, but you gotta give Halloween credit for trying! It's the other 364 days that are truly scary.

I prefer this one myself ...

Target's+illegal+alien+costume.jpg

This gets more and more ridiculous each year. Are people seriously offended by this? What's next, I won't be allowed to eat a burrito because I'm not Mexican?

wow. this is almost as stupid as suing your tutor for having sex with her daughter.

When you are the head of administration - it's a no no. If a sorority or fraternity had a party like this, their charter would have been revoked.

When you are the head of administration - it's a no no. If a sorority or fraternity had a party like this, their charter would have been revoked.

And that's the problem. Charter should not be revoked because of a stupid Halloween costume.

I think the problem here is that all of the staff are also dressed in the same traditional Mexican outfit. If it were just the President of the University and his wife, and then you had a ghost and a witch and a spaceman and a ballerina etc etc etc it would not be such a big deal. The fact that most of the group came dressed in the same fashion leads to a different conclusion as to how this may have been put out to the people who attended this affair. Was is to come dressed in your best Mexican attire? Or did they provide everyone with the Mexican outfits? And I have not seen a mariachi band with that many members so don't throw that out as an excuse. It appears that they showed up at this party and the costumes were provided as they are so identical. They are also incredibly stereotypical and therein lies the crux of the issue. While granted there are much worse things in the world than this, it still shows a bit of insensitivity, especially for a person in the position of leadership and inclusion of all cultures and diversity. Just was not the smartest thing to do.

When I was a kid, ok teen, my standby costume was always dressing as a "bum". Fake beard & mustache, some old dirty ripped clothes etc. My kid was scrambling for a last minute costume this year and I said, "hey you could go as a bum". He's like, "what's that?" I'm thinking about it and it occurs to me, I guess that would be a homeless person.

Yeah, let me go get the white sheet and we'll cut eye holes in it and try to make sure it has a well rounded and not a pointed shape to the head.

Wait...what?

My post was an over simplified take on the notre dame "scandal" when a tutor "coerced" black athletes into sexual trysts around the country with her own daughter.

1 of the players is suing either her or ND. it doesnt make any sense so i dont know.

My post was an over simplified take on the notre dame "scandal" when a tutor "coerced" black athletes into s e xual trysts around the country with her own daughter.

1 of the players is suing either her or ND. it doesnt make any sense so i dont know.

O ok, I didn't catch that story.

cto said:
Scroll down a bit until you come to the anecdote and picture of the Louisville president wearing a "Mexican costume." http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/u...t_au_20151030&nl=afternoonupdate&nlid=1437122
I am really starting to hate academia in America. Was it the moustaches that made the costumes offensive or the fact that it was white people wearing Mexican outfits? Either way, this stuff is getting out of hand. Colleges in the U.S. Are waging a war on freedom of speech and no one is even allowed to debate on anything lest they get labeled and ridiculed and, in some cases, disciplined merely for disagreeing.

I am really starting to hate academia in America. Was it the moustaches that made the costumes offensive or the fact that it was white people wearing Mexican outfits? Either way, this stuff is getting out of hand. Colleges in the U.S. Are waging a war on freedom of speech and no one is even allowed to debate on anything lest they get labeled and ridiculed and, in some cases, disciplined merely for disagreeing.
southpark.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom