Now that Dino is solid lets time to close | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Now that Dino is solid lets time to close

I was once told DFB makes $2.4 million but OX corrected me stating he makes $2.5 mil. Plus he has significant buyout on top of that.

$2.5 to $3.0 mil at Baylor would be the right amount if Baylor didn't have the baggage it came with. That was my concern all along - they would have to pay up a lot to bring in someone like DFB. I would assume high $3s to low $4s and most likely an extended contract beyond a typical 5 year deal. I suspect Rhule is close to $4 mil with that 7 year contract (probably includes incentives for bowl appearances) would be my guess.

Morally? DFB would go into Baylor and morally fix it - seems like he likes to go places that need fixing just like he did for SU. This was a lot closer than many thought on this Board.

If DFB starts to recruit top 25 classes, he will stay a long time but SU will need to up the ante to $4 mil. That's what the going rate is for a top 25 coach.
Dollarwise you are forgetting no personal state taxes in Texas.

Agree it's just tough to compare and the two programs are in very different spots. You just threw me with the 5'11" guys making up the class and Devito and Fagan are meaningless (liberally paraphrazing) flavor...just didn't (still don't) get it.
Meaning the hoops team isn't so desperate that they're taking 5'11" guys with no wing spans. And meaning that we can't say we're having huge success on the football recruiting trail because we got 2 guys who we all agree could play for many teams. That's where we should be.

"Disconcerted" in what context?

I find it "disconcerting" that you space before all punctuation.
I need robo-correct for punctuation. As for disconcerted, he is staying which is all that matters now .

If we can land a stud db dt to close i would argue football had a better year. Bball missed on every top target.

I.E., one player?

You can't say that Syracuse football is having a better recruiting year than Syracuse basketball. Yes, hoops missed out on many big name guys. But they still recruited quality players, and there's a good sense of how they will fit. Football isn't as clear, even with the notable names like Fagan and Devito.

Therefore, it's relative.

Its really apples and oranges. football recruiting is about stockpiling talent while 1 stud recruit in hoops can make your team go. Well, at least with proper offensive half court coaching ;):rolleyes:

If we can land a stud db dt to close i would argue football had a better year. Bball missed on every top target.
Is this a serious post? The hoop teams second and 3rd choices are higher ranked than the Football teams first choices. Let's be real here.

Fagan cuts it for LSU/SEC etc. and DeVito's a Elite 11 7 on 7 MVP, not to mention the impressive WR's. I'd say just calling them ACC calibre is underselling them. Also keeping in mind the types of players our system requires, I think Babers first year overachieved while basketball is very much underachieving. Recruitment hopefully isn't over for bball though.

Edit:

However, I am making this comparison in respect to where each program is. Just think footballs recruiting is much more positive than basketball's right now. Basketball obviously still recruits a higher level.
That last sentence is accurate.

Why? Because he doesn't believe that money is everything? Maybe he morally wouldn't feel comfortable working at Baylor?

Or maybe he likes it here at cuse. Question i have is if dino brings us back and dome gets full again (will this ever happen) does cuse fork over the big bucks?

Stay tuned for tomorrows thread:

"If Dino isn't actually solid, what recruits do we lose"?
Took the words right out of my post

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom