Class of 2014 - Now that grant/Ennis gone | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Now that grant/Ennis gone

JrodCuse

All Conference
Any chance we go hard after someone else in '14? Or say f it, roll the dice and save the ship for a super stud in 15/16? Sorry if this question was posted already.

I would say cupboard is fairly full. Roll the dice with what you have and let people step up. Hopefully get better through the year. It isn't like we don't have talent and the people stepping in all practiced this year so let's see what we have. No one knew that Ennis was going to be as good as he was but he got a chance to step up because no one was ahead of him. You think he plays much if there is a senior starter?

Don't we only have 9 scholarship players? I guess that doesn't really matter though because Coach doesn't like to play more than 8 anyway haha.

JrodCuse said:
Don't we only have 9 scholarship players? I guess that doesn't really matter though because Coach doesn't like to play more than 8 anyway haha.

Ten if Coleman can play.

Save it, let the youngins develop...get a monster 15/16 class which is off to a great start

I'm kind of hoping no transfers are brought in, and every current player gets maximum development time. So when the following year comes, there will still be plenty of returning players with a great deal of experience - which can provide a solid system for Richardson and Lydon and others to blend in with. I'm not saying we should or will "sacrifice" next year. After all Roberson is cabable of lighting it up, along with CM. And the guards will have more experience as well. Pattersn, Cooney and G aren't exactly ideal PG's, but their collective age will be like 75 by then, and that's gotta count for something.

Then there's my surprise special - Chinoso. If he has a knack for rebounding like the coaches say, bring him on.

Yeah, this is one of those "forget who just graduated/jumped ship and let's positively look forward to next year" perspectives. What's the alternative?

The more I think about it I really think SU will be fine next year. Worst Case Scenerio
PG Gbigne
SG Cooney
SF Roberson
PF Coleman
C Christmas
Bench McCoulough, Patterson, Johnson, Chino, and Joseph, if none of these guys are ready to be starters. Wild card is Colemans knee and MGB development this summer. Would be a tall and good defensive team. Best Case scerio BJ McC or Joseph are more prepared than thought and we have deeper bench

The more I think about it I really think SU will be fine next year. Worst Case Scenerio
PG Gbigne
SG Cooney
SF Roberson
PF Coleman
C Christmas
Bench McCoulough, Patterson, Johnson, Chino, and Joseph, if none of these guys are ready to be starters. Wild card is Colemans knee and MGB development this summer. Would be a tall and good defensive team. Best Case scerio BJ McC or Joseph are more prepared than thought and we have deeper bench

I doubt you will see Coleman & Xmas on the court together. They will almost certainly be splitting the minutes at Center, but if you do see it, you will never see Coleman as the PF. Lateral speed and wingspan are on Xmas' side in that battle. This is assuming Coleman is ready to start the season (Please!!! Let it be so!!! SU needs a break in a good way, and so does Coleman!)

It will be interesting to see what develops during practice. Something will have to give. Either BJ wins the SF position with a great stroke and solid 3pt % (please, let this be so!) with Roberson at PF, or Roberson will play SF & McCullough will play PF. I worry about the McCullough & Roberson combo, as I just don't see enough outside shooting to keep opponents from packing things in on defense, just like the end of last season.

I hope Buss gets plenty of time early, and becomes part of the PG solution, because if BJ doesn't find his range, Gbinijie will need to play more SF to provide better spacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom