Class of 2015 - Now that TB is in the rearview mirror; are we done? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Now that TB is in the rearview mirror; are we done?

O-pulse

Scout Team
orange_question_mark.png
Insiders, now that we came in 2nd for the Thomas Bryant sweepstakes; are we finished for this recruiting cycle or is there someone out there that we are still involved with
[ATTACH=full]39873[/ATTACH] Inquiring minds want to know!

Last edited:
So basically the impact of the sanctions for next year is that 3 walkons will have to pay their own way. That'll teach 'em NCAA!

Unless they could get an impact 1 year player (if there is one) or a top rated HS player that they have followed; makes more sense to just go with 10 guys next season and start the ban. Their 10 players for next year are more than enough to field a solid team. Any marginal improvement such as players that have been mentioned (i.e. Cornell forward, Ennis from Villanova) would not be worth it.

Also, losing Bryant who was good but not top 10 good, just gives them a potential spot for another top player down the road. At some point in the next year or so we'll know who we were able to get with Bryant's scholarship and probably feel OK about not getting the big guy from Rochester…We lose two players next year and are brining in the forward from Ohio, now have room for another top recruit and we know who that could be…

There were an abnormally large group of undeclared kids at the mcds game. I know nothing about their recruitments but wondered if we get involved with any of them.

PhatOrange said:
There were an abnormally large group of undeclared kids at the mcds game. I know nothing about their recruitments but wondered if we get involved with any of them.

If you had to guess whether or not SU was involved with any of them, and by guess I mean put money on it, how much would you put on SU being involved with any of the remaining 5 star recruits?

To answer your question, no not involved.

Most of them were probably waiting until they find out who from Kentucky is declaring for the draft.

I thought we were recruiting Diallo for a while, the kid that was MVP and a double double, weren't we?

I thought we were recruiting Diallo for a while, the kid that was MVP and a double double, weren't we?
Were. Until he started blowing up the charts and "pocketed" a UK offer.

The rest of the 5* are going to UK, Duke, and Kansas pending how many at each school declare for the draft. SU is done and has been done since January.

Were. Until he started blowing up the charts and "pocketed" a UK offer.

The rest of the 5* are going to UK, Duke, and Kansas pending how many at each school declare for the draft. SU is done and has been done since January.
Don't be surprise if Cal(Pac-12) makes a power move and lands three top 15 kids coming up. 2/3 is looking possible at this point but I'm sure Calipari will do everything in his power to prevent it.

Don't be surprise if Cal(Pac-12) makes a power move and lands three top 15 kids coming up. 2/3 is looking possible at this point but I'm sure Calipari will do everything in his power to prevent it.

Ivan Rabb and who ?

They are still Cal after all.

Dean, who are we talking about, Ivan Rabb, Jaylen Brown and someone else?

Dean, who are we talking about, Ivan Rabb, Jaylen Brown and someone else?
Caleb Swanigan. Rabb most likely will be the first chip to fall. They have gained good ground with Swanigan, but I'm sure Michigan St and UK will make their last pitches for him coming up. Jaylen Brown is the true wild card. UK, UGA, UCLA, KU, Cal, Michigan all seem to be right up there for him.

Cal? How?

And LSU is doing very well lately

Cal? How?

With Rabb, he's a local Bay Area kid so it's not really a big surprise that he could end up there and stay close to home. Swanigan and Brown, well that's a different story. I know Rabb said the three have discussed why not start something special somewhere new instead of playing follow the leader at a school with an establish tradition already. I think it would be cool if Cal was able to pull this off. Tired of the same 4-5 schools loading up on all of the 5 stars every year.

With Rabb, he's a local Bay Area kid so it's not really a big surprise that he could end up there and stay close to home. Swanigan and Brown, well that's a different story. I know Rabb said the three have discussed why not start something special somewhere new instead of playing follow the leader at a school with an establish tradition already. I think it would be cool if Cal was able to pull this off. Tired of the same 4-5 schools loading up on all of the 5 stars every year.

Is California rich bball territory?

what would you say are the 3 big "talent" regions?

If we are not actively involved with a guy that played in the McD's game, there is no way we are going to just suddenly swoop in and get him to accept an offer to Cuse. To think so, misunderstands our position in the recruiting pecking order and fails to realize how difficult it is to recruit these guys. It would be one thing if you wanted to swoop in and grab up a 3 star who only had mid-major offers, that might be a possibility. But, a 5 star or elite high end 4 star recruit...ain't happening.

Wish they would do it at SU and not Cal :)

Is California rich bball territory?

what would you say are the 3 big "talent" regions?
Plenty of high level talent coming out of Cali lately and over the next few years as well. Zona has built their program since Sean Miller has been there by loading up on the best talent from there.

Best talent regions I would say currently are New England(NEPSAC), Texas, DMV/NJ tied for 3rd imho. Yeah plenty of east coast bias from me there.:)

Cal? How?

Yeah, LSU has been doing well. They kept Jerrell Martin in state and he was a 5 star guy. Mickey is a 4 star guy from Dallas and they have the two studs coming in soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom