Nutshell | Syracusefan.com

Nutshell

Don

2nd String
Force equals mass times acceleration =in football terms big fast guys against either slower small guys or fast smaller guys= what you see against these better teams . these are the facts you see it on TV and at the dome your eyes don't lie until that's changed well you get the picture

I think we just don't have a counter punch yet.

I'm tempted to way we never run the ball and never punt, and maybe we get better results.

Is that formula the reason why Dungey kept calling for the snap before his teammates were set? Is it why our best running back sits on the bench? Or our kick returner isn't big or fast enough to be doing that job at this level? etc.

More like linear momentum = mass times velocity. Easier to tackle a 5'10" 180 lb guy than it is to bring a 6'2" 220 lb guy to a complete stop.
However, there is a lot of physics in football as it is sport played in the physical world as opposed to the cyber world. Physical strength is very important and I guess that has to do with muscle mass.

I think we just don't have a counter punch yet.

I'm tempted to way we never run the ball and never punt, and maybe we get better results.

I think we could though. If our kick game doesn't implode, it's a 10 point game. How many offensive possessions did we waste running (without a true RB) and trying to screen them to death. THAT D was able to take away ET AND Ishmael, AND Estime?

ND has better players, but that game should have been competitive until the end. We went for 2 4th downs all day, and one was a terrible fake with an unnecessary penalty gift from ND?

I think we could though. If our kick game doesn't implode, it's a 10 point game. How many offensive possessions did we waste running (without a true RB) and trying to screen them to death. THAT D was able to take away ET AND Ishmael, AND Estime?

ND has better players, but that game should have been competitive until the end. We went for 2 4th downs all day, and one was a terrible fake with an unnecessary penalty gift from ND?
Yeah, I'd like to see us fight to keep the ball more.

Is that formula the reason why Dungey kept calling for the snap before his teammates were set? Is it why our best running back sits on the bench? Or our kick returner isn't big or fast enough to be doing that job at this level? etc.
It's pretty clear why the best running back is sitting the bench. He isn't calling protections, lines up wrong, can't catch. If he can't read a defense he isn't cut out for this offense.

Rgood things are coming I have no doubt. Even wit the current players progress is being made. But it's much like an interview earlier with coach Babers it may take an extra year to rebuild, and there was some good players here . I just don't see enough of them all over the field, I think you can see why the so called pundits picked us to win 3 or 4 games if you honestly look at us vs these really good teams. We have moments when we look great but they cannot be sustained because there is not enough good players. And the lack of a running game, look at Babers Bowling Green teams and how man times they rushed the ball and how many yards and tds came from the running game

It's pretty clear why the best running back is sitting the bench. He isn't calling protections, lines up wrong, can't catch. If he can't read a defense he isn't cut out for this offense.
Yup today was pretty telling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom