NY Prospects | Syracusefan.com

NY Prospects

mgurtz79

Walk On
I attached a quick database of NY Prospects that have mentioned Syracuse at one time or another. I tried to include basics like hometown, position, offers, and links to video when possible. Syracuse is not necesarrily recruiting the players, just guys who are local looking for a scholarship. I am sure that there are some missing so let me know or if you have links to the guys I could not find that is great too.

Attachments

• NY SU Prospects.pdf
    150.2 KB · Views: 492
Plonski really has no offers? He was doing really well at previous camps. I could have sworn he was getting offers. Maybe I am just getting confused with someone else.

Plonski really has no offers? He was doing really well at previous camps. I could have sworn he was getting offers. Maybe I am just getting confused with someone else.

I just went back and looked and he really doesn't have any offers. Some will come for him. He's got great measurables.

I attached a quick database of NY Prospects that have mentioned Syracuse at one time or another. I tried to include basics like hometown, position, offers, and links to video when possible. Syracuse is not necesarrily recruiting the players, just guys who are local looking for a scholarship. I am sure that there are some missing so let me know or if you have links to the guys I could not find that is great too.
FYI, the recruiting database on this site is a lot bigger and more comprehensive. I am pretty sure it has more NYS kids listed than any other database on the Internet.

Another note: I added a feature to the recruiting database last night so you can select prospects by state. So if you want to focus in on a given state, select it and go from there. I think I will add another selection in the next day or so that allows you to limit the players displayed to only those with a Syracuse offer.

Devan Carter's recruitment is really picking up. Rutgers, UConn, UMass, UB, BC, Albany, and UNH have all been in contact with him over the past few weeks. From what I hear, he loves Wheatley though so that should go a long way.

It appears there are no local kids that we deperatly want this season.:noidea:

It appears there are no local kids that we deperatly want this season.:noidea:
I'm pretty sure we desperately want Ogundeko, Edwards, Smith, Wayne Williams, and Officer.

I'm pretty sure we desperately want Ogundeko, Edwards, Smith, Wayne Williams, and Officer.
;)
When I say "local" I presumed it was understood players from or playing IN Syracuse like CBA, FM Liverpool or North Syracuse. Do I have to remember every high school in Syracuse?:noidea:;)

;)
When I say "local" I presumed it was understood players from or playing IN Syracuse like CBA, FM Liverpool or North Syracuse. Do I have to remember every high school in Syracuse?:noidea:;)
No one wants any of those guys. Not division 1 prospects.

No one wants any of those guys. Not division 1 prospects.
That might be true for this year's players but yo know that the interest and ability does happen. Tim Green and the Paulus names are just a couple of big time players we were interested in and having come to the university.Dozens more for sure.:rolleyes: will come in the future.

Tyler Rouse from B'Ville has some interest. Not sure if he has actual offers though.

Rouse has a couple of issues, size, mileage, and injury history. I'm sure he brings the burst or speed you need with his size. Power is unquestioned.

one fallout of the tim green firing is that his camp is one less place to get a read on ny prospects without going too far. was told by many the camp was well received. many said it was best camp they attended including the su camp, but most attended the SU camp for the lower tier recruits..

Rouse has a couple of issues, size, mileage, and injury history. I'm sure he brings the burst or speed you need with his size. Power is unquestioned.
Plus who would you rather get Edwards, Kamara, Smith...or Rouse?

one fallout of the tim green firing is that his camp is one less place to get a read on ny prospects without going too far. was told by many the camp was well received. many said it was best camp they attended including the su camp, but most attended the SU camp for the lower tier recruits..
Visability for prospects in CNY is indeed really bad. One thing that could really help athletes here get scholarships would be if more of them attended the prospect camps Nike and others hold for rising juniors and seniors. Nike had a camp in NYC on April 28th. I looked through the 250 highest rated kids. Could only find 3 from upstate NY. The closest attendees to CNY were a couple of kids from Norwich.

If you go to the camps, you get looked at, you get measured, if you are good, you will get noticed. You also get your name in the Scout and Rivals databases. If you don't go to these camps, and you play in an out of the way area like CNY, your chances of getting recruited by a BCS school are not good. Not good at all.

CNY has some good athletes and good linemen. I think Chris Hicks and Jeff McDuffie, a couple of 6'0 175 types who are athletic and run well, are definite BCS prospects. But neither went to the big camps and no one knows about them.

The best prospect in the CNY region might be Aaron Jones, a 6'5 225 rangy kid out of Chittenango. 1st team all state, over 100 tackles, 70 of them unassisted as a junior. Took an undistinguished program and led them to a 10-2 record almost by himself. I think they were 2 wins from a state championship. Tough, athletic, also a fine lacrosse player, which is part of his problem. I bet the reason he didn't go to the NYC Nike camp because of lacrosse.

-b0e3b8bfc93327bb.jpg

Aaron "Bonebreaker" Jones

Visability for prospects in CNY is indeed really bad. One thing that could really help athletes here get scholarships would be if more of them attended the prospect camps Nike and others hold for rising juniors and seniors. Nike had a camp in NYC on April 28th. I looked through the 250 highest rated kids. Could only find 3 from upstate NY. The closest attendees to CNY were a couple of kids from Norwich.

If you go to the camps, you get looked at, you get measured, if you are good, you will get noticed. You also get your name in the Scout and Rivals databases. If you don't go to these camps, and you play in an out of the way area like CNY, your chances of getting recruited by a BCS school are not good. Not good at all.

CNY has some good athletes and good linemen. I think Chris Hicks and Jeff McDuffie, a couple of 6'0 175 types who are athletic and run well, are definite BCS prospects. But neither went to the big camps and no one knows about them.

The best prospect in the CNY region might be Aaron Jones, a 6'5 225 rangy kid out of Chittenango. 1st team all state, over 100 tackles, 70 of them unassisted as a junior. Took an undistinguished program and led them to a 10-2 record almost by himself. I think they were 2 wins from a state championship. Tough, athletic, also a fine lacrosse player, which is part of his problem. I bet the reason he didn't go to the NYC Nike camp because of lacrosse.

While not exactly what you are saying, there is a Elite Combine in Syracuse on June 10 before the Upstate/Downstate Football Classic that will be held in the Carrier Dome.

Ive worked that combine. The problem with that is that it doesnt allow players to showcase their football talents. No one on one's, no 7 on 7's.

Hopefully Desko grabs him!

Would be nice to land some of te top NY prospects.. Looks like we are set up nicely to do so. Hopefully, Dougs time downstate pays off, he was close with Williams, what a breakthrough it would be to land Ogundeko, we shall see, won't be easy at all

I think the staff gets it done this year; in general and in NY. Have a good gut feel about Ogundeko, Edwards, and Laray Smith among some other New Yorkers.

Wouldn't you think schools would do a better job of trying to evaluate kids like this for the sole reason that they show up on the 1st team all state list? Seems like a no brainer. Are we recruiting Jones?

Wouldn't you think schools would do a better job of trying to evaluate kids like this for the sole reason that they show up on the 1st team all state list? Seems like a no brainer. Are we recruiting Jones?
Don't know. But I think some on this board will know...

well - if the kid has D1a aspirations he and his coach will be sending out tapes and hitting camps this summer. I have no problem if SU is not yet recruiting him hard - if you come from an area that does not have a lot of other D1a level competition then it will naturally fall more on the kid to get his info out there and work for the scholarship.

I'll guarantee with that size and 1st team all-state as a junior he's getting plenty of mail from some programs - up to him to capitalize on it by going to camp and showing that he's legit.

I think the staff gets it done this year; in general and in NY. Have a good gut feel about Ogundeko, Edwards, and Laray Smith among some other New Yorkers.
stole this from the UConn board:

From a recent Scout article on Laray Smith:

Smith has been to a pair of more local schools - Rutgers and Connecticut - thus far on unofficial visits. On his visits to Storrs, Smith made a connection with a coach that has turned out to be his most consistent relationship over all others recruiting him at this point.
“One coach I talked to a lot is from UConn – Coach (Jon) Wholley,” he said. “UConn is recruiting me the hardest. He’s a real good guy, I talk to him a lot, I feel like he’s like a friend now. We talk daily…often.”

between that and Wayne Morgan telling the fizz that he's not friends with Laray, but he knows the guy - I'm not feeling as optimistic about Smith as you are. Long way until next Feb, but the recruitment of LS just doesn't seem to be on the same level as some of the other kids down there - at least from the snippets I see on this board and some others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom