NY State playoff update | Syracusefan.com

NY State playoff update

PhatOrange

Living Legend
All three section 3 teams won opening round games. Here's the brackets as of now:

Class A

FM (3)
TBD Fairport (5) or Orchard Park (6)

Lakeland Panas (1)
Niskayuna (2)

Massapequa (8)
Smithtown East (11)

Class B

JD (3)
Massena (10)

Victor (5)
Hamburg (6)

Yorktown (1)
Albany Academy (2)

Lynbrook (8)
Rocky Point (11)

Class C

Cazenovia (3)
Salmon River (10)

Penn Yan (5)
Akron (6)

Bronxville (1)
Greenwich (2)

Locust Valley (8)
Babylon (11)

Some new faces in there this year. Looking forward to some good matchups. thinking Nisky v LI winner in A; JD v Yorktown in B; Not sure about C but Bronxville v maybe Caz/Penn Yan winner.

Nisky v LI will be the semifinal Wednesday. Winner will face a fairport for title. Don't be suprised to see victor take down JD in class b

good catch I just re-checked the brackets and Section 2 plays LI in the semi's. Pretty sure Nisky had the choice this year of A or B and chose A. I always enjoy watching the HS playoffs.

Far west regionals are live on Time Warner Sports Channel in the Rochester area. Fairport up 6-3 on OP at the half

@ILPreps: FINAL: Jamesville-DeWitt 18, Massena 4. Section III champs advance yet again to the NY State Class B semis. Will face Victor-Hamburg winner.

@ILPreps: Final: Cazenovia 7, Salmon River 4. Section III champ/reigning Class C NY State champ Lakers head to semis, face winner of Penn Yan-Akron.

Fairport 11-8 over Orchard Park.. will play Fayetteville-Manlius

Victor 10-8 over Hamburg. will play J-D

Class A

FM (3)
Fairport (5)

Niskayuna (2)
Massapequa (8)

Class B

JD (3)
Victor (5)

Yorktown (1)
Lynbrook (8)

Class C

Cazenovia (3)
Penn Yan (5)

Bronxville (1)
Babylon (11)

Looking forward to the Upstate Semi's. I wish TWC had the Downstate games on as well. We have 3 or 4 recruits playing today from Penn Yan, Niskayuna and Yorktown that I know of.

Looking forward to the Upstate Semi's. I wish TWC had the Downstate games on as well. We have 3 or 4 recruits playing today from Penn Yan, Niskayuna and Yorktown that I know of.

And Trimboli from Victor

Class A semis:

Massapequa 23, Niskayuna 9.
Fayetteville-Manlius 10, Fairport 9 (OT)

Last edited:
Class A semis:

Massapequa 23, Niskayuna 9.
Fayetteville-Manlius 10, Fairport 9 (OT)

Wow, that Nisky score is shocking to me. I've seen them play a bunch of times this year and I thought they were really good. Didn't know if they were state championship good but would've never expected them to get blown out like that

Don't know if anyone is watching Caz penn yan but holy crap has the Caz goalie been good. Back to back one on one saves. And made a killer save against a voight fish shot at 90mph. They keep saying he has no college offers. Kid looks solid.

Class C Semis:

Bronxville 13, Babylon 7.
Cazenovia 8, Penn Yan 6.

Section III goes 3-for-3 today.

Looks like its going to be an all section 3 title game.

Caz goalie was the difference. Kid played out of his mind. Voight was pretty quiet but looks like a good player.

Wow, that Nisky score is shocking to me. I've seen them play a bunch of times this year and I thought they were really good. Didn't know if they were state championship good but would've never expected them to get blown out like that

Yeah, I'm really surprised by this score. Didn't see it coming at all.

If the sloppy FM team I watched last night plays like that again then Massapequa is going to take them apart. I don't really see FM having much of a chance at all in this one.

The Mass attackman Delina is a horse.

I was hoping for a closer game as well from Nisky. They just couldn't stop Massapequa. There were stretches where the Chiefs scored on every possession and their FO guy was solid. That Delina kid is 260lbs.

Interesting note, I looked up Massapequa's enrollment and they have over 800 kids per class. Big school. Nisky is probably in the 300 range.

Looking forward to the Yorktown v. JD game. That might be the best of the bunch.

I was hoping for a closer game as well from Nisky. They just couldn't stop Massapequa. There were stretches where the Chiefs scored on every possession and their FO guy was solid. That Delina kid is 260lbs.

Interesting note, I looked up Massapequa's enrollment and they have over 800 kids per class. Big school. Nisky is probably in the 300 range.

Looking forward to the Yorktown v. JD game. That might be the best of the bunch.

Nisky was class B last year and had the choice this year to move up to A or stay at B. They moved up.

Correct. They are on the A/B bubble every year. The Freshman Quinn who verballed is going to be a nice player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom