NYC Advertising | Syracusefan.com

NYC Advertising

Jeepers

Starter
I've been seeing the new NYC taxis around and noticed that it's much easier to see the "available" light up top. Then I realized it's partly due to none of them having the billboard on the roof. I haven't been in one, but it looks like they have a moonroof, so I'm guessing the billboards will slowly disappear. What would Dr. Gross do?

NissanTaxiSkyline615.jpg

Last edited:
I've been seeing the new NYC taxis around and noticed that it's much easier to see the "available" light up top. Then I realized it's partly due to none of them have the billboard on the roof. I haven't been in one, but it looks like they have a moonroof, so I'm guessing the billboards will slowly disappear. What would Dr. Gross do?

NissanTaxiSkyline615.jpg
Get a
Car wrap and put it on the hood

We noticed at the NYCFC game last weekend that, not only was there the Syracuse banner, but along the 3rd base line, there was an ACC banner in front of the Away side dugout.

Upstate said:
We noticed at the NYCFC game last weekend that, not only was there the Syracuse banner, but along the 3rd base line, there was an ACC banner in front of the Away side dugout.

At the open of the telecast the two announcers were standing on the field doing their breakdowns.

Our banner was directly between them, over their shoulders.

It's a complete waste of time to advertise so far away. Try Rochester Utica and Albany

As a native of Utica, that would be a waste of resources. My friends and I grew up bleeding Orange. For us (and most of the locals), they are our "hometown team."

Although I think it is great exposure to advertise in the largest media market in our country, you may be spot on about pushing the brand a bit more along the I-90 corridor. Not sure those areas share the same passion for Syracuse as the Mohawk Valley does.

I forgot who the espn commentators were (maybe Twellman and the other guy) but they setup at home plate for the pregame intro. The 3rd baseline cuse billboard was in between them in the background for the whole thing.

It's a complete waste of time to advertise so far away. Try Rochester Utica and Albany

Been saying this for quite a bit of time, put all those NYC ads and put them to use from rochester, albany, to binghamton. Same amount of people within driving distance.

Are those the same ones that have been in Yankee Stadium for the last few years, or something new?

Are those the same ones that have been in Yankee Stadium for the last few years, or something new?
Same Syracuse one, I couldn't tell you if the ACC one was same, but I imagine it was.

They advertise with subway posters with a picture of the Dome during a basketball game stating 'Welcome to the Loud House'. I will ignore the fact that they took the picture when Syracuse was losing 10-7.

The one in Spring Street (6 Uptown) has been up for about two and half months and it hasn't been tagged once. That's about as close to a NYC miracle and respect as you can get.