NYT does Calipari | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NYT does Calipari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc i posted it 4 times and its long. Apologies but ill have to hunt for it again sometime. Essentially he made a promise.. renegged and then caused the family irreparable harm financially because of it. I didnt believe it at first until i got the details. Im sure other scumbag coaches have done it too.. its a game of winning basketball more than anything for most.

Improper benefits and academic concerns regarding bledsoe. Handler issues regarding john wall. Academic and off court issues with cousins. Kanter ineligible due to playing pro ball. Drake in a locker room after a game. World wide wes always around despite having serious influence with agents and the nba. These are not vague stories. Lookem up. The anthony davis claim was not some random claim either it just got shut down quick enough.

How come none of these were ever prosecuted? And are you sure all of your sources for these allegations are 100% air tight and not internet fodder?

Orangezoo said:
Improper benefits and academic concerns regarding bledsoe. Handler issues regarding john wall. Academic and off court issues with cousins. Kanter ineligible due to playing pro ball. Drake in a locker room after a game. World wide wes always around despite having serious influence with agents and the nba. These are not vague stories. Lookem up. The anthony davis claim was not some random claim either it just got shut down quick enough.

Here's WWW at tonight's UK-WVU game. Sweet seats.

image-4108331133.jpg

bpo57 said:
Or the shooter in the grassy knoll.

That's what I thought.

Might i add the john wall handlers ordeal or the many issues surrounding demarcus cousins before he came to uk and while there. So carry on with your argument that the lack of a guilty verdict serves as enough.

Link?

How come none of these were ever prosecuted? And are you sure all of your sources for these allegations are 100% air tight and not internet fodder?

Touche.

Cal apologists might find comfort weaning on the teat of him not being directly implicated in the widespread violations that have occurred at all three NCAA programs he's coached, but that excuse won't hold up if / when UK gets busted--which will be the third school he's coached where major infractions get punished.

Burying your head in the sand is easy when you willingly choose to conveniently ignore FACTS from UMass, Memphis, AND Kentucky with your claim that this is all about Rose / Canby. That take alone is off the wall.

"Tragically", "weaning on the teat", "head in the sand". Hyperbole much?

I disagree.. completely. Cal has been a flash in the pan from a tenure standpoint vs JB. If Cal had been the foundation of the UK program for the last 40 years it would be a much different convo. And at the heart of the issue is cal has yet to get caught. That has been at the epicenter of his career is his ability to leave at the right time and cover his tracks.

And the heart of the issue for Coack K is that he's yet to be caught? Except, b/c he's boys with JB we largely give him a pass.

Why bring up Drake when we used to bring in rappers before people were getting stabbed in the dome?

So a performer who performs to an SU crowd vs a celebrity vs who hangs out in a teams locker room after a game.. hmm.

Look its the ncaas rulebook not mine. That they choose to see some things and not others and have a double standard is what it is.

Doc i posted it 4 times and its long. Apologies but ill have to hunt for it again sometime. Essentially he made a promise.. renegged and then caused the family irreparable harm financially because of it. I didnt believe it at first until i got the details. Im sure other scumbag coaches have done it too.. its a game of winning basketball more than anything for most.

If that's true then that sucks and I'm sorry. Whether or not he's actually broken rules at UK he comes of as a dirt bag and could see him doing something like that.

Kind of like setting up a pow wow getting your star center eligible?

So a performer who performs to an SU crowd vs a celebrity vs who hangs out in a teams locker room after a game.. hmm.

Look its the ncaas rulebook not mine. That they choose to see some things and not others and have a double standard is what it is.

Guess Uconn is next on the chopping block after UK.

screen-shot-2014-04-07-at-10-59-23-pm.png

C'mon on back when ya got something, RF.

Like I said, you've got your head buried in the sand, and your rationale is built on a flimsy premise.

I'll agree about one thing: to date, Cal has managed to avoid being implicated. The narrative on him will change when he eventually, inevitably is.

Maybe when JC asked for pointers on the zone we should have accepted with the caveat that he tech us how to cheat...because we're really bad at it.

So some vague story about the Davis family wanting $200 K from their son's suitors turns into UK paid Davis. okee-dokee.

Enes Kantor denied admission into UK because he collected $33k from his Turkish team. Is this what your talking about? That is the crime of the century especially when you consider Pat Connaughton of ND got a $426k signing bonus from the Baltimore Orioles last year and he played tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.