O Line ups that i expect to see more often than not | Syracusefan.com

O Line ups that i expect to see more often than not

kcsu

Living Legend
I think that our base line up will be as follows:
Hunt at QB
McFarland at RB but expect for one of the frosh to see significant time by game 5
Ish, number 1 WR
Corn number 2 WR
Phillips Slot/Express
Par T
OL.

Next up would be
Custis replacing Corn
Morris at RB
Ash at Express
Trey at TE

Bris will get run as will Eoincy Avant Lewis. But i believe the top two groups will get most of the snaps

I think that our base line up will be as follows:
Hunt at QB
McFarland at RB but expect for one of the frosh to see significant time by game 5
Ish, number 1 WR
Corn number 2 WR
Phillips Slot/Express
Par T
OL.

Next up would be
Custis replacing Corn
Morris at RB
Ash at Express
Trey at TE

Bris will get run as will Eoincy Avant Lewis. But i believe the top two groups will get most of the snaps
If we are to have a good offense, then Custis, and Enoicy need to be your 2nd, and 3rd receivers. Cornelius is a nice player, but more in the lines of a West, who was at best a 3rd receiver. Adly, and Jamal bring size, and athletic ability that this offense needs to be successful. Scott talked about both of them in preseason last year, and Adly was ahead of Jamal, with both healthy we need their size.

If we are to have a good offense, then Custis, and Enoicy need to be your 2nd, and 3rd receivers. Cornelius is a nice player, but more in the lines of a West, who was at best a 3rd receiver. Adly, and Jamal bring size, and athletic ability that this offense needs to be successful. Scott talked about both of them in preseason last year, and Adly was ahead of Jamal, with both healthy we need their size.
I agree 100%. I think that the weak link this year is at RB. I really dont believe that Mcfarland or Morris are great backs. Both lack vision and good feet. Mcfarland is my pick to do well as he is more of a one cut guy. I predict that one of the two frosh backs will replace or get significant carries earlier in the season than not. Other than that if we can stay healthy i like our weapons

The thing I like about Jamal, and Adly is when they come across the middle, there is a mis-match, too quick for linebackers, too big for defensive backs. Plus if Hunt decides to run, they both are big enough to take on the defender.

Cornelius is much more explosive than West. He's going to surprise a lot of people if given the opportunity.

Enoicy and Custis could be good but what have you seen on the field that makes you feel that way?

They have potential - and I hope they're given opportunities too. But Cornelius has produced most every time he has been given a chance to.

Cornelius is much more explosive than West. He's going to surprise a lot of people if given the opportunity.

Enoicy and Custis could be good but what have you seen on the field that makes you feel that way?

They have potential - and I hope they're given opportunities too. But Cornelius has produced most every time he has been given a chance to.

Cornelius will get his opportunity (he is first on the depth chart) and we have to hope he has a break-out year. He had one big game (BC in 2013) for 7 catches, and a grand total of 5 others in his 2 years. The QBs did not look in his direction in the Spring game. He was running good routes and that is about all I can say.

Enoicy, in contrast, was impressive in the Spring game, with a couple of catches (mid-range, middle of the field), using his size against much smaller defenders. (Side note -- we have more than our share of small DBs.)

As for the line-ups, I would hold back on firm predictions. We have a lot of contenders, and not many who stand-out. Ishmael is obvious, Phillips has nearly as much potential. If Estime is healthy, he plays a lot, and the same with Broyld if his knee is 100%. MacPherson is the better blocking TE behind Parris. When you run through the names, and considering that we haven't seen Lester's formations and tactics, there is a lot to be sorted out in August and into the September games.

SoBristol said:
Cornelius will get his opportunity (he is first on the depth chart) and we have to hope he has a break-out year. He had one big game (BC in 2013) for 7 catches, and a grand total of 5 others in his 2 years. The QBs did not look in his direction in the Spring game. He was running good routes and that is about all I can say. Enoicy, in contrast, was impressive in the Spring game, with a couple of catches (mid-range, middle of the field), using his size against much smaller defenders. (Side note -- we have more than our share of small DBs.) As for the line-ups, I would hold back on firm predictions. We have a lot of contenders, and not many who stand-out. Ishmael is obvious, Phillips has nearly as much potential. If Estime is healthy, he plays a lot, and the same with Broyld if his knee is 100%. MacPherson is the better blocking TE behind Parris. When you run through the names, and considering that we haven't seen Lester's formations and tactics, there is a lot to be sorted out in August and into the September games.

If Dunk improves his blocking might jump both TE.

honestly think McFarlane's about to have a 1000 yard year

I think we are underestimating Estime. He had some injuries that hampered him all season. He was looking more like a realiable WR until he got hurt. Watching his online workout video's are impressive. With his work ethic I wouldnt bet against him.

I disagree about McFarland not having good vision. I have watched him multiple times and he has been the best one cut and go guy we have had eventhough he didn't get the playing time he deserves. I personally talked to Floyd Little about it at a practice and he thinks McFarland and Morris have what it takes to play in the NFL. I liked McFarland a little more as I watched him but who am I to argue with a pro-bowl running back. lol. If we can get any lanes open, we will be all right. McFarland will be a 1000 yrd rusher. He should have started last year but I am glad he didn't so he is in healthy condition. I think our offense will have balls this year or at least I hope so. Never had a clue what McDonald was trying to do except go fast. I forget what game it was, but two years ago they ran a fade ball to the fullback and I remember texting Dan Conley and asked what the hell that was and he said maybe they were trying to do something no one expected. Lol. The dumbest thing I have ever seen. I knew it wasn't going to work out with him after that. Ok SU, lets kick some ass this year and shock people.

It sounds like Lester's offense is a better fit for Mcfarlane. I don't know if people remember but McFarlane almost got flipped by Franklin on signing day when he was at Vanderbilt. McFarlane is talented, he just needs a shot in an offense that fits his skill set.

I think we are underestimating Estime. He had some injuries that hampered him all season. He was looking more like a realiable WR until he got hurt. Watching his online workout video's are impressive. With his work ethic I wouldnt bet against him.

Yes, why are so many people not looking to him as a weapon this year? I don't understand why he's not being talked about as a guy that needs the ball. He showed a good bit of explosiveness in this Fr. year.

Don't Sleep on Macky II at tight end. He looked like our best TE during the spring game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom