Obamacare vs ACA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by HOFCeluck, Jan 9, 2017.

1. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck HTF did I get all these likes

2. Quazzum69

Quazzum69 2nd String

Liberals just don't get it. You'd think after losing a million elections they would understand why no one gets their message.

YOU'RE NOT BEING STUPID ENOUGH!

Cowtown likes this.
  3. KellySyracuse

KellySyracuse All Conference

hahaha, I'm not surprised at the stupidity. wait until the house of cards tumbles for these idiots who think Donald has their best interests in mind.

FAL and Cowtown like this.
  4. CuseFaninVT

CuseFaninVT Living Legend

Unfortunately that house is going to tumble in on all of us.

Ugghhh

SUFaninNJ, JoeSU and orangefog like this.
  5. KellySyracuse

yes. I'm surprised it took tiny hands until 6am to fire back at Meryl Streep and then lie and try to obfuscate his mocking of the Times reporter. And I love the folks complaining that celebrities should just shut up as if they don't have any rights in this country to speak their mind, when those same dunces elected a celebrity to the highest office.

JoeSU, ssbriefcase, Cowtown and 3 others like this.
  6. Capt. Tuttle

Capt. Tuttle Living Legend

It's not that they speak up, its that they truly believe people should listen to them merely because they have some fame.

Many of them are very, very dumb.
    Some are really bright and well considered.

Some actually do something, so they get more respect from me.

victor and kuethstheman like this.
  7. Capt. Tuttle

Capt. Tuttle Living Legend

Do you really think HRC cared about anyone but herself?

8. exits funnel

exits funnel All American

It's a funny thread, but I think that it's probably fake.

kuethstheman, retro44 and Conrad13 like this.
  9. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck HTF did I get all these likes

I don't disagree, but at worst it's worth a few lol's

exits funnel likes this.
  10. Cowtown

Cowtown Adult Study Hall Overseer

Translation: "We won!! And now we don't give a flying F what it does to whom, we're gonna just start ripping it apart!" There's no plan, no direction, no leadership, just start slashing.

Photobucket burning couch

Broad legislation to repeal and replace Obamacare would require 60 votes in the Senate, and Republicans don't control enough seats to make that happen or to squash a filibuster by the Democrats.

Instead, Republican lawmakers are expected to use the budget process, which is limited to provisions that affect federal revenues and spending and requires only a simple majority to pass. It would enable Congress to repeal the Obamacare mandates that individuals have coverage and that companies with 50 or more employees provide workers with affordable insurance. Also, it can do away with the federal subsidies, eliminate funding for Medicaid expansion and cancel a multitude of Obamacare-related taxes.
    The urgent question Republicans must grapple with now is how they will go about replacing what they repeal.

Republican leaders are considering a "repeal and delay" approach of preventing the repeal from going into effect for two or three years. This transition period would buy lawmakers some time to figure out a replacement plan, but already, insurance companies are balking at the uncertainty that this scenario would create.​

Republicans take first step to repeal Obamacare - CNNPolitics.com

Oh Lord

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  11. KellySyracuse

and you know this how other than looking through your red colored glasses?

12. KellySyracuse

13. themole

themole 2nd String

I think it is fake because C-SPAN knows the Senate did not vote 51-48 to repeal Obamacare. Unless the sharer revised the headline that Facebook pulls in before posting it. The Senate voted 51-48 to proceed to a fiscal 2017 budget resolution that contains reconciliation instructions to undo parts of the 2010 health care law.

14. CuseFaninVT

Found this in the article about this that popped up on my FB feed today.

As all of the names have been removed there is no way to verify if this conversation actually took place or not. While on the surface it does rightfully appear amusing, it is ultimately not funny but tragic. Millions of individuals in the United States believe exactly as the individual in the conversation does.

A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He's On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues

HOFCeluck and Cusefan0307 like this.
  15. cliftonparksufan

cliftonparksufan 2016 Iggy Winner

How can anyone believe anything they read these days. It's almost impossible to filter out the noise. Are there any legitimate news sources anymore?

16. CuseFaninVT

I'm not even pretending to state something from occupydemocrats.com is legit. I give them credit for at least stating they couldn't verify the story.

17. cliftonparksufan

cliftonparksufan 2016 Iggy Winner

Especially articles that randomly pop up in Facebook feeds. That's why twitter is much better than Facebook. You can get legitimate news if you follow legitimate newsmen and not some random pop up websites that no one can tell if they are real or not.

18. exits funnel

exits funnel All American

If ´Millions of individuals in the United States believe exactly as the individual in the conversation does,´ itś weird that they had to fabricate the conversation.

19. Cheriehoop

Cheriehoop Moderator Staff Member

Sadly I know people who are so confused about health care that they thought that when they chose from the NYS health insurance exchange that it was NOT Obamacare. They are vehemently against "Obamacare" , not realizing that the insurance they have is Obamacare. I had sent them through a volunteer organization I was working with to the NYS exchange program to get insurance when they had said they were denied health insurance because of prior conditions or worked part-time jobs and were' eligible for it. (One woman worked 3 part-time jobs) They kept saying we will go to them (NYS health insurance exchange) but don't suggest Obamacare because that stinks and is way too expensive.

Honestly, I didn't argue with them or they wouldn't have signed up. I just helped them with info to connect with insurance and gave up explaining that the insurance they now praised was actually Obamacare administered through NYS. It didn't fit their political views and they just didn't nor wanted, to understand and it was less important that they realized it vs just having coverage regardless. Hoping will they still somehow get to keep their insurance if they repeal it. Sad.

20. CuseFaninVT