OBJ's suspension upheld [Updated] | Syracusefan.com

OBJ's suspension upheld [Updated]

jekelish

Living Legend
Per Jaworski.

YES. My fantasy football championship dreams live on.

I'll wait til Schefter or Rapoport tweet it out. It would be so NFL to not uphold this though.

1. The "threatened by the presence of bats" defense = BS
2. Is there ANY independent coorboration of the alleged slurs? If not, then BS. If so, then suspend those guys as well.
3. Good for the NFL.
4. Final judgment - OBJ is a spoiled baby who can't handle tough play.

Last edited:
Jaworski basically out "Steve Harveyed" Steve Harvey. What an idiot. Former Eagle---maybe he did it on purpose just to with us.

Jaws = Former Eagle.
Thrash = Former Eagle.

Who do the Giants play in Week 17? ;)

Couple facts we need to get out there.

1. ODB should've been suspended, that was too much
2. The panthers repeatedly threatened that they were going to take out his legs and end his career.
3. Idiots with baseball bats were dangerously and stupidfluckingly close to Eli and got in ODBs face to tell him so
4. The panthers most certainly hurled gay insults at ODB, they even continued in post game and this week with 'cleaned up' versions of it when they say 'I guess we won't see him prancing and dancing this week'
5. When asked today about the gay insults, norman basically gave a yes answer by not denying he ever said things
6. Go anyone who plays the panthers, even the pats

Couple facts we need to get out there.

1. ODB should've been suspended, that was too much
2. The panthers repeatedly threatened that they were going to take out his legs and end his career.
3. Idiots with baseball bats were dangerously and stupidfluckingly close to Eli and got in ODBs face to tell him so
4. The panthers most certainly hurled gay insults at ODB, they even continued in post game and this week with 'cleaned up' versions of it when they say 'I guess we won't see him prancing and dancing this week'
5. When asked today about the gay insults, norman basically gave a yes answer by not denying he ever said things
6. Go anyone who plays the panthers, even the pats
2-5. Who cares.

Jaws = Former Eagle.
Thrash = Former Eagle.

Who do the Giants play in Week 17? ;)

I respect the fact that you admit #1.

Really hard to know if all of the threats etc. are for real. I noticed that the PR drive to defend Odell seemed to be cranked to the max today.

Unfortunately the trash talk is def a staple of american sports. To be honest the gay epithets are a common M.O. particularly among african american athletes.

If Odell had a clean slate coming into Sunday I would be inclined to be more sympathetic. But his diva act wore thin a while ago. Maybe this situation will jar him a little and get him on the right track.

EDIT: above post was meant for Kaiser.

I respect the fact that you admit #1.

Really hard to know if all of the threats etc. are for real. I noticed that the PR drive to defend Odell seemed to be cranked to the max today.

Unfortunately the trash talk is def a staple of american sports. To be honest the gay epithets are a common M.O. particularly among african american athletes.

If Odell had a clean slate coming into Sunday I would be inclined to be more sympathetic. But his diva act wore thin a while ago. Maybe this situation will jar him a little and get him on the right track.

EDIT: above post was meant for Kaiser.
I imagine that the 1st 2 sentences bolded are popular thought.

I pray your last holds true...

Facts.

But didn't and shouldn't have impacted the decision.

Thought that was clear, once again, forgot where I was.
Mine was just an editorial comment on items that, for me, make no difference and represent a little boy using fake tears trying to get out of trouble.

I didn't mean to imply that you thought those were mitigating issues.

Mine was just an editorial comment on items that, for me, make no difference and represent a little boy using fake tears trying to get out of trouble.

I didn't mean to imply that you thought those were mitigating issues.
Hey, if the POS hadnt dropped those game winning TDs v the pats and jets, this suspension would be nothing but a nice rest.

If the playstation-nation ever ignored the fantasy #s and watched... they'd witness a lot of ugly there.

He may be all that...but he don't have a bag of chips too, yet...

Having an opposing team standing on the field with bats, talking about ending a career, and the gay stuff in this day and age...a guy has to defend himself.

The Panthers late hit him all game long, go whoever plays them.

Having an opposing team standing on the field with bats, talking about ending a career, and the gay stuff in this day and age...a guy has to defend himself.

I have been watching football for a long time, and I have never seen someone bring a baseball bat onto the field of play. Did Beckham think someone was going to Jeff Gioguli him?

Briancuse said:
I have been watching football for a long time, and I have never seen someone bring a baseball bat onto the field of play. Did Beckham think someone was going to Jeff Gioguli him?

Symbology.

Having an opposing team standing on the field with bats, talking about ending a career, and the gay stuff in this day and age...a guy has to defend himself.:blah::blah::blah::blah:
Funny it didn't bother him until the game was over. Otherwise, he would have said something earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom